Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm glad to hear our London JWD friends are ok.

terrorists, man.

GBL

• upside/down
    upside/down

Ditto... on that!

u/d

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

My husband left the station 5 minutes before the explosion. He sent me a text message before I even knew anything had happened, so luckily I didn't have to experience the panic. He was very lucky. Of course, none of my JW relatives have called or emailed me to see if he is OK. All my non-JW relatives and non-JW friends did, though. "By their fruits you will know them."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Doray, the problem with quoting the Quran out of context is that it casts a bad light on the Muslims that are living a decent, peaceful life. There are many scriptures in the Bible that can be interpreted (and were so in the past) in a violent way. If you change your post from muslim to xtian and from the quran to the Bible, there isn't that much difference between the two. Are we to judge all xtians according to the acts of a few violent, misguided followers? Then we shouldn't do it to the muslims. To quote the scriptures from the quran that you quoted above only fans the fire.

All i was trying to point out was the scriptures that gave them an excuse to carry out this carnage... All sorts of people were in the buildings when 9/11 happened, jews, christians, atheists, buddhists even muslims... i'm sure it was the same with Madrid and the same with London... does it matter that people are part of a religion or not if they die???

I appreciate your point and do agree. What happened is awful. It doesn't matter who it happened to.

I don't give a flying f**k who is an infidel and who is a believer... when one group is attacked we are all attacked, we must stand up against intolerance and terrorism whether if its by an al-qaeda-led jihad or a western-politician-led "crusade".

I couldn't agree more.

I appreciate your well thought out and written response.

And if that means I have "anger control problems", so be it.

So be it indeed. You have a short fuse and it doesn't matter what topic is being discussed. I am not surprised to see that you can excuse your behavior.

Robyn

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It was strange that we slept in today about an hour longer than we expected. We had plans to go the British Museum this morning and would have been at one of the bombed stations at exactly the wrong time if we had kept our schedule.

Dang Steve, this gave me goosebumps. My first thought this morning was about you, Joy and Salem. Thank God you guys are all right. And I hope you all can find a way out to Weston Super-Mare.

I reminded Nina that our original plans were to be in London today and we had planned on leaving today for WSM so we would have been at Paddington to take the train out.

Chris

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Damn Terrorists! Scr*ew all of you and the camel horse that you rode in on!!

Glad to hear from our English 'cousins' and that they are safe ... my heart goes out to those families that won't be seeing their loved ones tonight.

May karma visit those who prepetrated this insanity a hundred-fold!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Glad to hear posters in London and US visitors are ok, I still haven't got through to all my family and friends in London yet partly due to the phone networks.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm glad everything is ok for you guys.

I love ya all, and I'll be thinking of you.

• Robdar
    Robdar

((((Ballistic))))

Please keep us updated.

Robyn

• itsallgoodnow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit