Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

BBC World Service have just reported that Arab sources are saying it is Al-Q... although the modus operandi (multiple simultaneous attacks) already made that very likely.

It's very unlikely to be anti-capitalists or the IRA, as it is not the anti-capitalists style and the IRA are unlikely to take part in an attack like this nowadays.

I've already checked with my family in London and they're okay, apart from one who can't be reached (mobile is off) who could have been nearby. Mark you, I've been within 300 yards of an exploding post box and a nephew of mine was 1/2 mile from the Bali bombins so nearly getting blown-up is something of a family tradition. My mother sheltered for a few minutes in a shop door way on her way to an air-raid shelter during the Blitz - when she came out there was no doorway, let alone any shop...

• zagor
    zagor

Just watching BBC after reading you thread ....

Jesus... what's going on???

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

police evacuating my buildin

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    police evacuating my buildin

Now there's a post that was made in a hurry. We're all thinking of you Crumpet.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are talking about a total of nine explosions six in underground stations and three on buses. Two dead to date and 90 injured. It took the government so long to say it was a terrorist attack which it obviously was.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Wow- hope its all ok. Pretty scary stuff. WE have got the radio on at work..

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

If Crumpet's building has been evacuated, then maybe they still think there is a threat. I hope all involved are ok. The train I catch comes from London Liverpool Street, might have trouble getting home. Dont know yet tho.

• damselfly
    damselfly

(((((((((((((((( Crumpet)))))))))))))))))

I am praying for you and yours. Everyone please direct thier thoughts and energies to everyone involved.

• blondie
    blondie

The London officials say the phones are overloaded and unless it is an extreme emergency to stay off the phones so emergency staff can do their jobs.

May those who lose loved ones be comforted and those injured be helped. Thanks to all the staff helping and putting themseves at risk.

Blondie

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

The radio/tv coverage is very heavy. Lots of eye-witness and victim reports- its really scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit