Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

ay what you want to but this weekend in will be a good weekend to be out in service, esp if you got the CO this week

"We are deep in the end" i can hear the presentations for this weekend, - smile

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think JT just "got his borg on". Thanks for keeping it real; real theocratic, jt ;-)

• Mary
    Mary
    Robdar said: Also, could you please tell me what xtianity was like 500 years ago?

Exactly. They were like this 500 years ago. but they most certainly never got "authority" to kill non-believers from the NT cause it's not in there; they took it upon themselves to torture and murder non believers......Maybe it's time Islam thought about joining the 21st century. I know some Muslims too---they're moderates and nice people but that doesn't mean that their religion isn't screwed. Kinda like the Witnesses. There's lots of nice Witnesses but that doesn't mean that the religion isn't screwed and doesn't make their followers do things that they wouldn't normally do. The Qu'ran most definitely promotes hatred of anyone not of their faith. It's there in black and white for anyone to read. That's how these terrorists justify their actions.

• hubert
    hubert
    My husband left the station 5 minutes before the explosion

Wow! That's a close call, Wolfgirl !

Glad your hubby was out of there in time.

Crumpet, glad you are home safe, too.

Our hearts go out to all you brits.

Hubert and family

• wiegel
    wiegel

"Today we are all British".

{{{{{{{crumpet et al}}}}}}}

my thoughts are with you and all who are being touched by this insanity.

trudy

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

"I can't believe the news today...
    How long, how long must we sing this song..." U2...

My love goes out to all of you in London and abouts, I woke up to the news this morning when the TV alarm went off, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. I was just numb. Like a repeat of 9-11.

I am happy to hear you are safe Crumpet and hope everyone is ok.

Chachasmum and I send our love to those of you going through this hell.

Love Kim

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Dorayakii: i cannot justify the plain words written there in the Holy Qu'ran telling people to kill...

Abaddon: Judging from what else you say I'm sure you'll agree that equivalently violent action following god's commands in the Bible (as seen by those doing it) are equally unjustifiable.

Yes, i do. I'm absolutely appalled by the Israelite conquest of Canaan and have been ever since i was a child. I'm apalled by the millions of animals slaughtered to appease a bloodthirsty "God" named Jehovah/YHWH... and i'm just as appalled by Mohamad's bloody conquest of Mecca when he brought his army back to Medina.

Anyone can claim that they're doing something because of a religion, and then others will say "oh, its not because they are part of that religion why it happens", but the fact is, it still goes on, and they find excuses in their Holy books.

For an example to show how my reasoning is not biased, the thing that most appalls me about my former religion, Jehovah's Witnesses, is that they protect paedophiles. Does this mean that they literally protect them, going out of their way to preach protection of paedophiles? Obviously no. Does it mean that there are no good people in that religion? Obviously no, but the fact is i hate that religion, the Watchtower, because of policies that allow these things to happen. In the same way i hate Islam for being a root of the many terrorism attacks that occur. However, i don't hate individual Muslims, just as i don't hate individual JWs, and would never do any thing to physically or psychologically hurt another human being, whatever their beliefs are.

I think from now on, in order to show that i'm not racist or prejudiced, i'm going to have to accompany any negative comments about Islam and the Qu'ran with a parallel example about Christianity and the Bible.

Preston: I think what happened in London today is a good example for us to follow. I know what happened today but you pulled yourself up and the day went on. Whoever did these bombings failed in their purpose. I don't think you're new to this, weren't you guys badly hit during the IRA campaign?

Yes, we are "used" to terrorist attacks in a certain way, but nothing prepares you for having to go through it as an individual.

The last terrorist attacks we had from the IRA were in 1996 when the IRA broke their 1994 cease-fire, by exploding a bomb in London's Docklands (where our highest buildings are located)... one of the windows in my house fell out because of the blast, and i live 3 miles (4.5 km) from the Docklands...

... a week later a bomb exploded in Aldwych, Central London, then in the next few months, bombs exploded in a pedestrian retail area in Manchester and at an army base in Northern Ireland.. The IRA then graciously declared another cease-fire in 1997 when Tony Blair was elected and his negotiations and non-Conservative policies have so far made sure that we haven't experienced another big attack from the IRA.

I regulary take the Circle line at Aldgate at the particular hour the bombs went off yesterday so i'm infinitely grateful that i wasn't directly affected by the attacks. (Over-sleeping does have its virtues)... My heart goes out to all my fellow Londoners who had to directly go throught the events of '7-7' and by retropective extention to those still affected by losses from '9-11' and the Madrid bombings. alt

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

My heart goes out to the UK

My dad is a night shift worker so he got the news straight away!

Terrorists these days! don't they have anything better to do?

God bless you all as you go through this difficult time

Evanescence

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For an example to show how my reasoning is not biased, the thing that most appalls me about my former religion, Jehovah's Witnesses, is that they protect paedophiles. Does this mean that they literally protect them, going out of their way to preach protection of paedophiles? Obviously no. Does it mean that there are no good people in that religion? Obviously no, but the fact is i hate that religion, the Watchtower, because of policies that allow these things to happen. In the same way i hate Islam for being a root of the many terrorism attacks that occur. However, I don't hate individual Muslims, just as I don't hate individual JWs, and would never do any thing to physically or psychologically hurt another human being, whatever their beliefs are.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Everyone went outside at 12 to observe the silence in memory of the people who were killed last Thursday. Later today there will be a vigil at Trafalgar Square. I'm trying to see if I can get off work early enough to get there, especially after reading this from the diary of one of the survivors who has been posting on the BBC News site: THURSDAY 14 JULY 0927 BST

Last night I managed to speak to my parents. They had been teaching a painting course in Norfolk, and whilst we had been texting regularly, we had not been able to talk to each other.

They talked of their shock and sadness. It had been very difficult when they had to look after course students all day and evening, giving them little time to deal with the news of their eldest child being on the bombed train.

Later on, another man who had been on my carriage and found out about me from this diary managed to get in contact and we talked for a long time and agreed to meet for the silence tomorrow with some of the other victims.

My friend and neighbour Jane came round and cooked us sausages and we all sat in the garden feeling shattered. After she had gone I began to cry, properly, for the first time. I couldn't stop sobbing and shaking. John held me.

I wept for the poor people who had been standing behind me who had died and been injured. A hundred feet down in a narrow, dirty, smoke-choked dark tunnel, I had to leave them there, screaming and crying, dead or dying and I could not help them.

I wept with despairing anger at the men who had done this, how could they hate so much? How could they think this was glorious, or just?

I wept because I had been so afraid, and because I had survived, and I had walked away from the train and my fellow passengers had not.

Tears are in my eyes again now. It's almost more than I can bear.

I must get ready to go to Trafalgar Square to observe the silence with the other people from my train.

After we will go to King's Cross to lay flowers, then to a pub where I will meet some friends. And at 6pm we will go to Trafalgar Square again for the Vigil.

And I hope I and other Londoners will find some peace and resolution there, standing together.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4670099.stm#thursday2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit