Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I have to get an earlier train home to ensure i dont get stranded. My train usually comes directly from London Liverpool Street.

Not sure what will happen tomorrow.

Paul

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I feel so sorry for those people in London.

It is so an useless act.

My thoughts are with the casualties.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thank you all for kind thoughts! Its so reassuring to know how many out there care.

I feel calmer now. London Victoria has just reopened which is a good sign. At least I'm safe and most of my friends after frantic phone calls have hooked up to say they are okay albeit stranded.

Jst2laws and Joyzabel - so good to hear from you and glad you are here and safe still. I justr heard Paddington is open again and that where I will be getting my train from to E-mans on Saturday. It is quite an emotional time as you can imagine. Theres been a few tears here but we're keeping our spirits up. I am actually in Croydon outside of London, but the town has been shut off and we can;t get out of our buildings with all teh roads cordoned off.

Sunspot/Annie - your message really touched me. Hugs from me!

I hope to see all of you who have planned to come to the bbq on Saturday.

It may take me a long time to get home tonight, but at least I still have both legs and my life. Colleagues who live locally have all offered me places to stay so I will be fine. There is a very strong True Brit Grit Spirit. We will not back down.

I'll keep you updated with all reports. There is going to be a Public National Announcement at 3pm. So far we know of 220+ casualties and not how many deaths.

All my love

Nina

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Oversleeping does have its virtues after all...

My parents have already made some bloody ridiculous "sign of the times" comments... and have attributed it to freakin' Jehovah that i didn't go to work today...

They're also analysing the date for "significance": ... America 9/11, Madrid 3/11, London 7/7... ooooh it rhymes, big deal...... I told them to shut up and stop viewing this as some biblical drama or fulfillment of prophecy...

As CYP said, "the dead aren't even cold" and already the vultures are flying...... i'm sickened...

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Sky News are saying 45 killed and 1000 injured...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    There is a very strong True Brit Grit Spirit. We will not back down.

I expected no less! I swear if I wasn't a Yank I would want to be a Brit. Today we all are.

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• Frog
    Frog

typical dub comment dorayaki...but all that really matters is that you're okay, and that they care:)

Has been hell getting through on the phones to friends and family in London. I've heard from most though, they're shaken but okay. Still waiting to hear from a good friend that's working at RBS in Bank. I'll feel better once I've heard back from him.

Take it easy as you can for the rest of the day Crumpet. And yes babe well all really do care ((((hugs)))). My cousin was on a train in Victoria when one of the blasts went off and they were asked to evacuate the tube. She said the scene on the street was really frightening, I can only but imagine.

Take care friends, and take care of yourselves and eachother. Luv from frog x

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

"Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!" -- Winston Churchill
    "When I warned them that Britain would fight on alone, whatever they did, their Generals told their Prime Minister and his divided cabinet that in three weeks, England would have her neck wrung like a chicken - Some chicken! Some neck!" -- Winston Churchill

Whenever I think of some great quote I have heard, I just attribute it to Winston Churchill, and as a result I am usually correct. -- CYP

CYP

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's all over the news here in the USA.

Such a tragedy! I'm so sorry this is happening. And to think these people supposedly have a religious faith. It's just awful.

DY

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

"Are you gods?"

"We are Englishmen, which is the next best thing" -Michael Cain "The Man Who Would be King"

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit