Do you hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by logansrun 149 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

I purposefully made the distinction in the title thread between JWs and the religion of JWs. Most here would not claim to hate the JWs as individuals, although some sad few would admit that they do. I am specifically referring the doctrinal beliefs and organizational practices of the JWs.

B.

• Angry
    Angry

ok here I go again.Alot of my blood family are so dedicated to this thing that they would not come to my college graduation, they will not come see their only grandchildren, I am the oldest of my family and they well I thought they loved me for so many years. I don't care what religion you are in or if my child decides to commit murder. If somone told me to never speak to my own flesh and blood I would spit in their face.And I was born a J.W. I love my children but I would never listen to anyone who would tell me to stop associating with my babies. I don't know the bible does say "Love your neighbor as yourself" But how can I love if i was never shown how to love?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Who are the workers of Unnatural Acts, having no natural affection between them? Jesus warned about the WTBS and Jo Ho's.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Why not see that everyone, everywhere, is doing the very best they can with what they have; and that may not be much other than bad brain-chemistry, or an abusive past, or stupid and unquestioned beliefs, or all of the above.

Consider this. Members on the GB know (they KNOW) that they aren't directed by God. They have seen all the stupid predictions they have made, all the moronic beliefs and all the crap they have taught for decades that don't make sense.

Now they have the power to kill people. And they have. By insisting that God bans the use of blood transfusions, they have killed thousands of people. By insisting that JW's do not by political cards but rather die at the hand of a crazy governments, they have killed people.

This, JT, goes beyond "doing the very best they can."

• Angry
    Angry

Amen to that bro.I actually have broken a heartfelt smile.I think I can feel alittle healing going on here!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

In my experience, people typically do what they want to do.

I do not hate the doctrines, in and of themselves. No more than I hate Marxist doctrine, or Bush Administration doctrine, or Catholic doctrine. Doctrines are presented for belief. They do not have to be believed.

I do hate the practices of the Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Their religion is built on a culture of barely disguised lies and deceit. As a religion, they teach subversive reasoning techniques. As a religion, they encourage children to constrain all thoughts within a very narrow scope. As a religion, they practice and teach hypocrisy. As a religion, they claim the Bible as the source for their teachings and then refuse to allow any challenge of their claim. As a religion, they teach people to follow men and to credit specially appointed men with having a better viewpoint than any other human. As a religion, they claim to honor Jesus and then they teach that he is currently a mediator between God and fewer than 8,000 humans. As a religion, they encourage their followers to die in one country for refusing to submit to a requirement that they encouraged their followers to submit to in another. As a religion, they teach horrible disrespect for life. As a religion, they teach that those who do not agree with them should be forever cut off from communication with all those who do agree.

I hate the practices and I hate the individuals who comply without any pang of conscience (not many, but they are there).

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

You are right..they know they are wrong yet because they are too proud to simply stand up and say "We made a mistake"...people continue to die. They are blood guilty by any account. How many times did the FDS write that if you knowingly were driving your car with bald tires and got in an accident and killed someone YOU would be considered blood guilty? By the same token they should be judged if not harsher...since they not only are driving their car with bald tires, but climb back into the drivers seat of that same car after the accident and continue on their way to smash into someone else.....while still having bald tires.

• Angry
    Angry

That's true too old soul.What did i do to my family to ever make them not ever want to talk to me?I mean c'mon lets get real,they have to be chemicly embalanced or something youknow mabye even demonized. I swear on my life that the last time I talked to my mother I was crying telling her how I felt and how much better I was doing. Ok crying my butt off ,she was laughing hysterically!Now how demonic can that be it still haunts me.I have seen demons in my house before.I saw a man with a long white beard and a long white coat walk down my parents house stairs.I was very little but i can still picture that to this day and i'm always asking;what the crap?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    This, JT, goes beyond "doing the very best they can."

Not for a sociopath. Not for someone incapable of empathy and compassion; which some of their actions imply.

To hate, is to fight reality, to battle within yourself what you can not change in others: and it is also crazy. What we can change, is ourselves.

Be careful, for to continually hate, to internally fight reality, invites mental illness, and before you know it, you are what you hate. There are other paths to travel which are more healing all around.

Hatred is like a dense fog which blinds us to wisdom which can help change harmful situations.

j

• Es
    Es

perhaps i hate the man that distort religion rather than religion itself es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit