Do you hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by logansrun 149 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

"Only the Sith would think in absolutes" -- Obi Wan Kanobi, Star Wars Episode 3.

B.

• Sith
    Sith

now THATS pretty intellegent

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi

I do not hate Jehovah's Witnesses as people. However, I do believe the religious system is spiritually abusive and so I hate the bad things it does to people.

Jeff Schwehm

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Sith,

No I do not hate them.

Even though I am df'd and have had my family completely shun me, I believe there were positive and good aspects about being raised as a Witness, as well as of course some negatives. Certainly, I would have had worst parents and a worst upbringing. I think people should have a right to practice their religion, even if I don't like it and disagree with it. Of course, I can understand that those who have really negative experiences while being a Witness might naturally have more negative feelings than me, and I can respect that too.

toronto_guy

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I don't hate them for they know not what they do. The old 10 men in Brooklyn however I hope hell has a special place for them.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I hate the organization, as its a complete fraud that causes more devestation than good.

steve

ps. evilforce - great hat!

I

• luna2
    luna2

I don't hate them, but then I didn't have anything truly heinous happen to me or my kids. I also wasn't married (nor did I ever want to be married) to a JW. I would probably have more hate in my heart if either I or my boys had been abused or if I'd been hitched to some creepy brother. As it is, I'm angry at the WTS for the lies and deceit, and myself for not being more clear-headed...at least doing some research before diving head first into the murky, polluted water that is Dubville.

• Banshee
    Banshee

No, I do not hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. The way I see it, hate is counterproductive to my physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. If I hate a person or institution, I am, in a sense, giving that person or institution a measure of power over me. I choose not to allow that religion to have power over me anymore.

• talesin
    talesin

LogansRun,

Let's look at Merriam-Webster's definition of hate.

Main Entry: 2hate
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): hat·ed; hat·ing
    transitive senses
    1 : to feel extreme enmity toward 2 : to have a strong aversion to : find very distasteful intransitive senses : to express or feel extreme enmity or active hostility

I think the soul-sucking emotion you are attributing kls' hatred of JW-ism to , is rage, which is hate unacknowedged and 'stuffed-down'. So, you would be comparing apples and oranges.

And yes, in answer to your question , I agree with kls & Sith ,

I hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is a life-stealing cult full of hate-filled doctrines.

tal

psycho-babble-literate class

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hate the religion? Yes; it destroys families and I see no supposed 'good' that it does for its people or mankind in general that would outweigh the tragic toll it takes on families.

Hate the people? No, not any more than I can hate a rattle snake for biting and killing someone; it is doing what it's programming tells it to do. At the same time, I have no love for rattlers.

I'd like to have a few words with the "programmers" at bethel tho, and I don't think that the people are quite as blameless as the rattler because there is an intelligence level to think about... At what point are people, regardless of their programming, responsible for their actions? What does it take for them to wake up to the lies?

I think that ultimately it comes to a conscious decision for a lot of Witnesses, a crossroads where something is nagging at them telling them that what they are doing is wrong, what they believe is wrong. I believe that if they ignore their own brains telling them that their actions are wrong, and do it anyhow, they are willfully harming themselves and others. Ultimately, we are all accountable for our beliefs and actions.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit