Do you hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by logansrun 149 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i can say that i actually hate it. spilled blood, lies and wasted lives. of course, i also think that the JW problem is systemic to all religion and supernatural belief systems.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

When we hate those who hate, what does that make us?

Why not see that everyone, everywhere, is doing the very best they can with what they have; and that may not be much other than bad brain-chemistry, or an abusive past, or stupid and unquestioned beliefs, or all of the above.

This does not mean we have to like, support or condone their behavior. This does not mean we do not sweep up their mess or comfort their victims.

What it does mean is we do not consciously add into their harm. What it does mean is we do not hate as they hate; or judge and condemn as they do. They teach us by showing us what not to do; so why not thank them. Namaste.

This may sound crazy and unreal, until we experience the weightless sense of peace and healing it brings.

If we truly wish to make things better and support world change. It starts at home, with ourselves. The buck stops here.

j

• Sith
    Sith

JT, are you a girl?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i always like your posts JT. i am still dealing with anger. i hope i can get to where you are someday.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

SITH...PLAY NICE!!!

But Sith I do agree with you. (Twice in one week even.) The Witnesses should be free to do their thing, and we should be free to do things we feel are appropriate to expose the WTBS for what it is. I will not let 10 men get me to hate them and lose my way on the path of enlightenment. However, I will do whatever is in my power to expose them to my family and friends for what they are....FRAUDS !!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

A hard fast rule"PEOPLE IMITATE THE GOD THEY WORSHIP

Reg,Nazi's ,a good JW is to me what a good neo-nazi is to a jewish holocaust survivor.

• Preston
    Preston

I don't think the proper wording should be "do you hate the religion" but do "do you hate what its done?" I certainly hate what its done to people with its knack for stealing people's lives, diminishing people's talents, and enforcing a blood policy that has lead to numerous deaths. So in that respect, I do hate what its done. Now, do I hate the religion in totality? I dunno...its like asking do you hate the government.

Almost....is my answer. And I say that because I hate most of the religion but not all of it. It taught me a little about the Bible, gave me some good principles (despite the hypocrisy evident in those who taught it) and helped me to be a good speaker. Even the Bible says that having some form of worship is better than none at all. So in that repect, I do not hate the religion in totality.

- Preston

• freedom96
    freedom96

What I hate about the WTS is that they actively destroy families. They try to separate themselves from the rest of the world so much they lose respect with the vast majority of people.

Hey, believe what you want, but love others, instead of seeking of how to kick someone out.

• logansrun
    logansrun

JT,

You summarized beautifully how I have come to feel about the matter.

It's funny that some ex-JWs who bemoan the hypocracy and "un-Christian" attitudes and policies in the WT organization think nothing of ignoring Jesus when he said to "love your enemies" "pray for those persecuting you" and "turn the other cheek." Whether we remain Christian or not (I do not claim any metaphysical faith system) I find Jesus words as he was nailed to the cross a model to live by, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." This is true for the typical Witness, and quite likely many of the leaders in the organization.

Forgive. Let go. If nothing else for your own sanity.

B.

• seedy3
    seedy3

I dunno, but i read only a protion of the responses, and have tis to say, JWs are the people not the Org, the Org is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Soceity they are the misleaders and slanderers, the JW's are mearly the mislead and uninformed sheep being led, so Hate the jehova's witnneses no, the WTBS yes very much so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit