Do you hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by logansrun 149 Replies latest jw friends

• Angry
    Angry

Goodmorning everybody! I can't believe this topic is still going on. I am glad I am not alone anymore.That tigerman dude needs to pull it together! He's probably hurt just like us.I think its ok to vent your anger but not towards us we are the wrong people to be mad at. Atleast we have changed and seen the light to do whats right,instead of following deadmans orders.I think God has chosen us for a reason.I can clearly see it now I hope.I have prayed so hard to find people like you to talk to. People who would understand me.Everybody else thinks I' m crazy or they do'nt understand.I don't think I need professional help.Some of you suggested that and thats o.k. But i'm quite normal considering what i've been through I know that God was right their holding my hand through the fire and brought me through like shadrack meshack and abednigo.Or for some "Break on through to the other side"!

• sf
    sf

Tigerman,

Hello. You said:

Witnesses, like Sunspot, knocked on our door many years ago and talked my wife into joining up . . .the beginning of the end of our family.

How many families were you personally responsible for ruining Sunspot ?

I completely get what your inquiry is here and your point. I have felt the same way about how it all started a shift in our lives as kids and basically nuked our family nucleus (immediate relatives). Not to mention all the people we knew and our friends. I too feel responsible for preaching lies when I was a jw. And am amending that with actions of exposing such to the public. I am very glad that I got out when I did, whether I was kicked our just left. I was NEVER an adult jw. To me, that counts for something. I want to say though that if the internet were available back then, thus the rapid flow of information one can research on any group or organization, I'm pretty sure many families would have been spared. Let us be very grateful we have it now and do with it all we can to do what we could not before...spare families and mostly the children. Do all you can do to act on this and one day it will pay off. sKally, yes I hate 'ONE OF THE MOST FRAUDULENT, DESTRUCTIVE AND LETHAL AMERICAN-MADE {RELIGIONS/SNARE AND RACKETT} OPERATING ON EARTH TODAY' Klass
  • trevor
    trevor

I hate the religion not the people.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I want to apologize for hurting Sunspot and anyone else with my post. It was a gut reaction to Sunspot telling me that she didn't think I was credible in my posts because I've never been a JW. NO, I don't know the pain that XJWs know . . . however, I most certainly do know the pain of a broken family with kids raised in the WT by their JW mother. And if it weren't for the ALMIGHTY controlling elders of the local cong ( in the 70s ) that scared the crap out of everyone - including my wife - with the 1975 BULLSHIT, then life could most certainly have been different - for alot of people.

I stand by my original post and re-ask the question, " Why haven't most of you XJWs gotten off your ass and done something about the MONSTER in Brooklyn ?

You certainly do have some heros and roll models to help you . . .Randy Watters, Danny Hazard, Gary Busselman, and many, many more out there. Get busy !

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"Does it do any good? I believe it does."

"Nevertheless, even if it were totally false and totally bad, do you really think it necessary to hate it? Hate can do a lot of harm to the hater, you know."

Logansrun,

Cancer dosen't do any good. There are those who fight it and beat it. I'm quite sure that the battle against the cancer helps make the patient be a stronger person and value life more than before his illness began. But that doesn't validate the cancer as someting that does some "good". I don't want to contract cancer to make me apprecieate this life more. I'll find another way, Ya know?

By the way I hate cancer, and there's not a damn thing wrong with hating somethiing that is destructive by its very nature. Same thing goes for the Watchower Society.

Steve Lowry

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You certainly do have some heros and roll models to help you . . .Randy Watters, Danny Hazard, Gary Busselman, and many, many more out there. Get busy !

You forgot Simon. And Tigerman hugs to you. So sad that your family was destroyed. My family was, too and my kids will never be normal.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Yes! SIMON and ANG !

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I Love You Mug 2 Yes thank you Simon http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/90933/1.ashx Want to be more pro active people? Go Team

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Witnesses, like Sunspot, knocked on our door many years ago and talked my wife into joining up . . .the beginning of the end of our family.

How many families were you personally responsible for ruining Sunspot ?

Tigerman,

Yes, as a well-trained slave of the WTS, I DID what I was led to believe was delivering a LIFESAVING message to others. Normally and up until *I* became a JW, I ddn't knock on stranger's doors and talk about religion.

I had many studies but they never made it to baptism. I was responsible for screwing up my children's lives though, and I DO take full blame for that. I sent heartfelt letters of apology to my nonJW family, telling them I was so very sorry for treating them coolly, and for messing up their holidays and gatherings for 30 years.

Although no one answered back, my conscience is clear. I did my level best to make amends. Little digs like yours aren't necessary. I have punished myself over and over. I don't need you to add to the burden.

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Tigerman,

I didn't see your apology until after I sent my last post.

Thank you.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit