Do you hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by logansrun 149 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Tigerman,

I don't end any post "Respectfully" with anything other than sincerity. If you would like to pretend your nose is bent out of shape over my post, that is your choice. I don't "guilt" easily. I'm nearly impervious to it, and it is like hitting a bear with a wiffle-ball bat, all you're gonna do is get me mad.

If what you mean by waking people up is waking up exJWs, they've already woken up. Everyone of them hurts when they first wake up. Many of them have missed out on educational opportunities you probably afforded yourself. So, many live well below financial mean. Many may be ill-equipped to know how to help wake others up.

Tigerman: Old Soul ( less ) . . .this is the shit i get for trying to wake up some people.

The people who need waking up are those who are still asleep. You tend to make decisions on the spur of the moment? Good for you. Do you still want to make everyone a copy of you, or have you learned to recognize that the differences between us are a good thing? Your petulant remark is not reflective of the kind of understanding needed to help these cult thinkers wake up.

If you are referring to trying to wake exJWs up, then yes, this is the kind of shit you get. As I said, as long as you stand by your initial remark, which was the one I am irritated with you for, your apology is meaningless to me.

OldSoul

• nowisee
    nowisee

i hate fanaticism and intolerance of any stripe or color. not every jw exhibits those qualities. many who are not jw do.

love is the answer.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

kls,

I understand your concern, but adding guilt to an already guilt-ridden life by asking that seriously loaded Watch Tower Society trigger question, "Why aren't you doing more?" doesn't help anyone.

Tigerman apologized for something, but I am unsure what. He restated his irritating remark in the same post he apologized in and said he stood by it.

Sophists use a hypothetical number of people to favorably compare oneself to. E.g. "Why haven't most of you XJWs gotten off your ass and done ____________?" The question implies that the asker doesn't belong in the group and that those asked do. He didn't respond to my question about what, to his knowledge, various ones on the forum have done. He doesn't know. But he "stands by" his initial statement that clearly implies knowledge about the activity of the majority of ex-JWs.

My feelings aren't hurt at him. I am annoyed and my guard is up, though.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I guess for each one its a personal thing, but I know for myself that if I died and went to my grave broke, I could die happy knowing that I did my share in exposing that old whore the WT. Everyone has their own conscience to deal with, but there was just no way I was gonna lie down, roll over, and forget how the WT Society treats their children. I hope and pray that just one person will read my signs, and that will be one person less that will get trapped in that racket.

Dave

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Junction Guy: I could die happy knowing that I did my share in exposing that old whore the WT.

Same here. And I believe the same is true for most on this forum. Of course, I can only say "I believe" because I don't know most people on this forum.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• kls
    kls

Old Soul. i do understand and have been keeping up with this thread but i just feel so bad when feeling get hurt and don't want anyone hurt because we have all been hurt enough. That's it ,i have said me piece and i am a mush bag

• Brummie
    Brummie

Having to either love or hate the JW religion is pretty black and white thinking. What does an exjw owe the Watchtower that they have to justify how they feel about it? an apology for disliking its practices? or a thank you for preventing them from smoking a joint? WTF.

Questions like the opening one remind me too much of what you hear in the Kingdom hall library during a judicial. They ask you the question simply to bate you and prove how your answer is insufficiant!

If you cant stand it and loathe it, thats fine, dont let some prude put you on a guilt trip and prevent the healing process. You love it, well good for you, dont feel guilty just because someone like me thinks its bullshit. Find your own two feet, and stuff the rest.

Brummie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Amen! So the brummie has spoken, so shall it be.

And all the dutiful penitent stuffed the rest and lived happily ever after.

Thanks for lightening the mood in here, Brummie.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I feel so cool now, I knew I could change the world if I really tried hard enough

• kls
    kls
    I feel so cool now, I knew I could change the world if I really tried hard enough

omg we are all going to use litter boxes now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit