An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Well, let's see. I went from being a regular pioneer to fading away for 5 years. NO ELDERS VISIT EVER. Then out of the blue my mom gave them my phone number and they DF'd me because I wouldn't meet with them regarding my having a boyfriend. So, they annouced my being DF'd 5 years ago. STILL NO ELDERS VISIT EVER.

So 10 years, no Memorial invites, no elder's visit. No nothing. I live in a nice middle class neighborhood and I never even see JWs going door to door. I haven't seen a JW in 10 years, seriously.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I agree with IpSec. Our cong. hasn't received any special instructions about anything like this. I will say however, that the society has seen the numbers dropping and have been pushing the servant bodies to shepherd more, invite inactive ones to mtg and service (if qualified) and generally ride herd on the flock more.

It's been said on several threads already: The book doesn't change anything except the phrasing of the announcements to the congregation.

It is my belief that if they ever started an actual campaign to clean house like this they would upset many of the loving brothers and sisters who feel that someone has the right to just stop without being punished. I agree with many here who say that this would hurt the society in the end.

• Honesty
    Honesty

This is all I've got to say to those silly Buggars:

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey are these pictures by your names not the real you...how disillusioning is that....almost as disillusioning as being the chairman on a commitee for a girl with serious personality traits who had a witness mother who tried to stab her witness father and then got dumped by her witness fiance and who stole from her witness grandparents to fund her spending to try keep up with her witness friends who didnt want her round so much anyway and whose grandparents forgave her and agreed to her paying them back as and when she could (and then let her off with half anyway)...are you still with me...heres the point....and who the other two members of the commitee wanted to disfellowship BECAUSE THEY DIDNT LIKE HER DAD....it would have killed her....i didnt let them....and then one of her family disfellowshipped me...tijkmo

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Any JW who harkens my door with an ultimatum such as this will be summarily tossed off my property. And, if I get any lip from my wife about it, she can start paying her own bills.

• Emma
    Emma

I think this will be a problem for "good" elders, those who really think they're doing the right thing by being believers. I know many are of the "power hungry class" but I've know a few that were loving and good hearted. If this happens, some of them may be forced to step down because they simply can't swallow the hatefulness of it all.

On the other hand, my family will be throwing the proverbial stones. Back during the "smoking riots" (to quote another poster) my sisters activly tried to get my dad disfellowshipped! They were really pissed when the elders refused to do it because he'd been inactive for so many years. They'd give the local congregation directions to my house!

Aren't these exciting times in which to be living...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers". --- Princess Leia.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

He spoke passionately and quite logically about the matter. I don't think he's bluffing at all.

He explained rather convincingly instances in which God annihilated large crowds, with only a couple or so escaping with their lives.

I tell you all, whatever happens, they didn't just revise this book for nothing.

Frankly speaking, there are no legal implications whatsoever. We all at one time took on the job/title of JW for whatever reason, and if we're not performing to its expected standards, it's only fair that we should lose that job/title. That happens in any arena of life.

Perhaps this is why they've adjusted the announcement to be so vague.

That's it, man!. Our ass is grass as far as the WTBTS is concerned.

DY

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have to fall in the camp of doubters over this one. Conspiricy theories appear from time to time, and so far have never happened. Hell! they dont even bother to talk with me when the K M announces a programme to reach the inactive - as somebody said, that may entail work , and they are sooo busy with important cong matters

Rumours can spread among the elders too. Perhaps this guy is hoping it will happen, sounds like he would enjoy it..

• Emma
    Emma

Maybe this is just another rallying point for the troops; "Look how close the end is, we're right and will be saved. Jah is cleaning out his house; we're chosen," yada yada yada.

Another 1975.

When will they ever learn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit