An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Also, that elder sure sounds like he cares about people,doesn't he? --VM44

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Sounds great. If thats the reason they boot me out I believe that my parents will still talk to me. Sounds like a cheap way to escape.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LS i think mine would too.. and it'd be a good " apostate" witness to prove the WTBS DOES CHANGE.

opening the conversation up for lots of good discussion on previous changes...

• catchthis
    catchthis
    THIS will give them a excuse for when the numbers fall even further down next year!

Me thinks this sounds like a good idea. It almost seems as if they are playing the part of a lending company. A lender will loan you the money for a new car, but as soon as you miss a couple payments, they send out a repo man to collect their interest, namely, your vehicle. The same way you "sign" your baptismal contract for that shiny new golden carrot(paradise). Once you are baptised, you "owe" them allegiance on a weekly for-life basis. If you do not "pay" up or even refuse to pay, the repo men (elders) come knocking on your door to take away your carrot. catch, not really missing his carrot

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

This would be great I think. THIS would really get those in the congregations bitter toward the org if they were forced to further shove "love" into the backgroud even further.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Could it be he was making it up to scare people back?

Maybe, but so the WTS may be doing this for the very same reason.

I have already seen this attitude in the some elders since the OD release. It will not take much encouragement if the dictate does come down from Headquaters.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I guess its time to get ready to buy futures in Koolaid and Sugar.

I hope that they go through with this. Their org will implode to a dense core of intense...oh wait, that's a super nova.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Doesn't the thought of going back to such a spiritual paradise? make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Can't you feel the love?

Maybe I should get my suits pressed and shoes polished.

Walter

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Most likely this elder was talking out the side of his mouth and on his own. I served with many idiots who said things we had to backtrack on, over and over and over.

• blondie
    blondie
    Isn't the Congregation Secretary suppose to destroy publisher records (and cards) after 5 or 10 years of inactivity? Especially if the people involved do not attend meetings.

Actually, they keep all the cards even of those who are DF'd and DA'd. So far the elders are directed each year to call on those DF'd and/or DA'd. Couldn't do that without the cards. Actually, several congregation BOEs did take out the cards of the inactive and DF'd and were royally chewed out by the CO to put them back in. I guess they thought the CO wouldn't notice that there wasn't a single inactive person in the congregation.

km 9/03 p. 7 Announcements ***
    The elders are reminded to follow through on instructions given on pages 21-3 of the April 15, 1991, Watchtower regarding any disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who may be inclined toward becoming reinstated.

km 2/02 p. 5 "Preach the Word of God Fully" ***
    The body of elders will want to discuss how they can help those who have become inactive during the past few years. (Matt. 18:12-14) The secretary should check the Congregation?s Publisher Record cards and make a note of all those who have become inactive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit