An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Sounds like the doors of the ark are closing..

GBL

Only I don't think the flood water's coming to hoist their ark~!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Doesn't the thought of going back to such a spiritual paradise? make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Can't you feel the love?

Maybe I should get my suits pressed and shoes polished.

Walter

It seems if the WT says that's love, then their people will believe it...

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Flash:

DY

We all at one time took on the job/title of JW for whatever reason, and if we're not performing to its expected standards, it's only fair that we should lose that job/title. That happens in any arena of life.

In the strictest religious sense you are right. Yet, when it comes to worshiping God correctly and living our lives within His standards, it is not. That's where the Scribes and the Pharisees erred. Matthew 23

Also, the one thing I could see at some point eventually becoming a matter people might try to sue over is the WT not allowing active JW's to even speak to their own DF'd family members, such as is the case with my wife and her family. I'm certainly no expert, though; but people sue for anything these days, let alone something that ruins people's lives~!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What about those of "us" they can't find, who have been out for many, many years? Hmm.

Do I care? Hell no!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If they call on me, first they are not welcome into my house. Second I will have no comment and if pressed I will tell them I keep my opinions to myself, that way they will have no grounds to do anything to me. Another idea is if they call me I will tell them I will have legal counsel present, that way they wouldn't dare talk to me. Will

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I tend to agree with Doubtfully, from what I know of the organization, it is entirely plausible that they would embark on a "sifting" of this nature, and completely compatible with the philosophy I recall hearing over the years about what will happen during the "time of the end" (i.e. doors of the ark closing).

I don't think there are any legal implications, nor do I think it will really hurt them - the faithful will be reinforced through society propaganda to believe that this is further proof of having god's blessing, and they will be scared sh**less of daring to drift.

• Ticker
    Ticker

If this is true and is going to take effect then I say let it happen. It will only serve to further alienate ones who are on the fringe, but on the other hand maybe this is more directed at ones on the fringe then necessarily faded ones. The whack a few of us off and they hope that maybe ones who are irregular will sit up and take notice. Could this be a motivational tactic to pressure irregular ones into regularity? They can do whatever they please and myself I will DA before they will ever have the chance to DF me. If they follow through with this I absolutely 100% want to sever all ties with the watchtower permanently, DF is not enough for me. I don't ever want them to come back to my door, ever.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

One thing this will do though is give them an unfair advantage in my current chess game with them. Ive been up till now beating them at their own game with their own rules but this would end that. Maybe this is checkmate for me, either way I still win the game because Ive won my freedom from oppression. Let the games begin.

Ticker

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I AM GOING TO MOVE TO SALEM, MA

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Sounds like the doors of the ark are closing..

GBL
    Only I don't think the flood water's coming to hoist their ark~!

Coulda sworn I saw a big beautiful rainbow just the other day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit