An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bryan
    Bryan

Very smart! Who needs a date to hang your hopes on, when you can can see the industrial cleaning going on in the congo? All those week ones dropping off at the wayside. Armageddon must be near!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Ever try to tighten your grip on a fistfull of jello? You lose more than you keep.

im thinking jereboam/reheboam here

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

DY

This will never ever happen.This Man was talking total bollox.the legal ramifications would be too huge.

To all the conspiracy theorists,the new OM book dont mean jack!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thing is, as we already know, the policies vary greatly from one cong to another, let alone one country to another. For example, people get disfellowshipped for something in one place, and in another, they avoid a JC and tell the person to go away and pray about it. I was disfellowshipped for "fooling around" prior to marriage, and I know for a fact other cases that never came to a JC.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Ultra Right Fanatical Religion

Hey! We've got nothing to do with these barstids!

a) the society HAS done stupider things in the name of purity; remember the tobacco riots? And there ARE no legal ramifications, no matter what you might think. A religion can do as it pleases in the US, and this one has secured its right to disfellowship members from a voluntary organization for whatever reasons and subequently shun them.

b) We have to be ready to help catch all the ones that get shaken out; they will need our help.

c) I personally don't believe it will happen; but then again, I don't believe Armageddon will happen, and it seems that the GB still do. Therefore, I can't predict what their future behavior will be.

It reminds me of the fratricidal behavior of the Jews in besieged Jerusalem in 70 AD.

CZAR

• ballistic
    ballistic
    It reminds me of the fratricidal behavior of the Jews in besieged Jerusalem in 70 AD.

you're not talking about an antitypical thingy are you, like a minor and major fullfilment>?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Well if nothing else, we'll be able to come from behind these obscured avitars. I'm tired of being affraid to show my face.

• geevee
    geevee

This has been an interesting discussion so far. Has anyone gone back and read the paragraph on disassocation in the now old OM book? It reads almost word for word as the new on except for the small section related to the announcement, which is also nearly the same except for the quotation marks saying exactly what has to be announced.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    But, that being said, a c/o told us ...when I was an elder...about the definition of loose conduct and how it doesnt always have to be related to immorality. It is ignoring sound scriptural counsel repeatedly. We later had a guy who was going to take a course of unsound action. The body then assigned two elders to talk to him twice [repeated counsel] he continued his course of action. A JC was then formed with a third elder...yours truly. We then asked him what he intended to do. He told us the same thing. The same caounsel was then given to him. He was then asked again what he intended to do. Same answer. So clealry ignoring "sound scriptural counsel" so he was told that if he persisted he would be DFed. He persisted and he got the chop.

Yep, that's the view of Service department here at Australia Branch. Presumably it's the same in other parts....????

• Golf
    Golf

Oh, their into 'witch' hunting? Matt. 24:14 is on the back burner?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit