An Elder Told Me.... Many To Be Disfellowshipped Soon...

by Doubtfully Yours 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

When the congregations send their monthly report to the WTS, are the inactive ones included in the statistics? If so, getting rid of the inactive ones may be a way to artificially raise the average so those who remain have to aim even higher.

• Pwned
    Pwned

if this happens i dont think that they will go through the trouble of announcing all those names, they will probably just give a talk where they tell people if someone has become inactive you should treat them the same way as you would a DF'd person, it will be up to the Elder's to 'sheperd' them back into the flock, publishers should not attempt to.

i hope it doesnt happen because i have a good relationship with my parents without being a hypocrite. i know my father knows that according to JW standards we shouldnt be on such friendly terms but because no hard line policy has been set he can justify it to himself, if they take the hard line approach he will choose the WT err Jehovah.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Well Dansk I gotta say it man, you inspired me. For better or for worse.. I'm not hiding anymore.

• geevee
    geevee

Several people have posted that they have the special connections with people who are connected inside NY Bethel....fish around for some kind of program for the Elder's school later in the year?! Perhaps we can still get the inside information...forewarned/forearmed?? Just a thought.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Rule #1. The elders only have one power . . . that's to punish, to disfellowship and reinstate.

Rule #2. Jehovah's Witnesses are run by the elders.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The elders don't make policy. The elders can't deliver rewards for good work. The elders don't interpret scripture. The elders don't schedule meetings. The elders don't control content of the meetings. The elders don't contribute to any of the publications used by the congregations. The elders just follow script and directions from above. They are little more than errand boys for the printing company.

Basically an elder has an ego job without rewards.

The only things the elders have discretionary power over are disciplinary items. . . who is shunned and who is not. It's not surprising if some want to use their only power as an elder. It gives them the illusion of doing something.

The reason the elders have ALL the judicial power is that is where the liability lays for the publishing corporation. The publishing company had a local elder tribunal disfellowship a governing body member. The publishing company guys are smart. They control everything and have the local elders do the hatchet work and have the shunning carried out in the living rooms of families of members. They stay all white and clean.

• Robdar
    Robdar

This rumor was floating about the board a couple of years ago. Nothing came of it. Nothing will come of it now either.

Robyn

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

This rumor was floating about the board a couple of years ago. Nothing came of it. Nothing will come of it now either

yep,totally agree Robyn.It seems that some are desperate for it to be true though.

In the United Kingdom,the data protection act would prevent this any way.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I heard a similar rumor back in about 1981. Some friends of ours were visiting, the sister's step father was a circuit overseer. They said they heard that the Society was going to get a lot more strict. I wasn't particularly aware at the time that they became more strict--largely because I was a very loyal dub at the time and I didn't see anything in our congregation. However, Ray Franz told several accounts of elders going after some very fine people who merely expressed doubts, maybe they were exceptional cases--that was shortly after the time of his own disfellowshipping about 1981. I believe that any direction to do the same now would not be in written form but verbal directions from the circuit overseers who get their verbal orders from headquarters. They have to go to any length to try to stop the flow of information. It will be interesting to see what happens. Now we have the internet to keep us abreast of current happenings.

• missmuffet
    missmuffet

Rumors are just that, rumors. I read the new book last night, cover to cover and no where was there mention of anything of the sort happening. In fact it stated just the opposite, that an extension of support was to be offered to the week and inactive ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit