A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• moanzy
    moanzy

Schizm,

Are you ever going to share the scriptures about Jesus encouraging dishonesty and commanding the use of spiritual warfare? I really do have an open mind and would like to know where I can find this information.

I do find the Hebrew scriptures are a very interesting read and do offer much information leading to the emerge of Jesus. I don't live my life through the Hebrew scriptures though and I do take Jesus message on how to live our lives, very seriously. It would really be appreciated if you would answer the questions asked. I believe you know enough about the bible that this should not be difficult for you.

I left the organization for many different reasons. The dishonesty they continue to hide for so many reasons(excuses) does not make it right. If you were dishonest like them they would disfellowship your ass before you got the chance to even give your reason. I

I'm not sure if you are JW or not. Sometimes you reason things out like a JW that is backed into a corner. Other times you seem to know enough about the workings of the organization that I would think you have something to do with it. In any case I do not want to fight with you, I just wonder how you can defend the organization that is clearly dishonest with you and so many other JW and you guys except some example from pre-christian times to show it's OK when it was never OK with JESUS.

In case you decide to reply to my Wonderment about your reason, could you PLEASE remember to answer the first question. I promise to look up any quoted scripture.

Moanzy

• yelloeteady
    yelloeteady

Some speakers,I wouldn't say alot, are egotistical when they are up at the stage. One incident was a speaker who was making fun of a brother who has a nervous problem with symptom of shaking. Well, the speaker made fun of him on the stage by acting out his problem. The book study conductor also did the same thing.. It is sad to see that others giggled...

• Schizm
    Schizm

Moanzy,

Are you ever going to share the scriptures about Jesus encouraging dishonesty and commanding the use of spiritual warfare? .... I don't live my life through the Hebrew scriptures though and I do take Jesus message on how to live our lives, very seriously.

I really don't have much to say to a person such as yourself who sees little relevance in the Hebrew scriptures.

Jesus told his disciples that they were being sent out amongst wolves, and for that reason they should be cautious as serpents. Being "cautious as serpents" may very well require a Christian to engage in "spiritual warfare". Why would Jesus disapprove a person who uses deceit (as a stratagem), if needed, in order to accomplish the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do?

Do you think that Jesus disapproved David for feigning madness that time? Of course David wasn't really insane, but it did the trick. Do you yourself condemn David for doing that?

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Right, do we have a psychiatrist here?? I'm sure among so many members there must be one. IF not here is something from mere student.

schizophrenia:

The first signs of schizophrenia often appear as confusing, or even shocking, changes in behavior. Coping with the symptoms of schizophrenia can be especially difficult for family members who remember how involved or vivacious a person was before they became ill. The sudden onset of severe psychotic symptoms is referred to as an 'acute' phase of schizophrenia. "Psychosis" , a common condition in schizophrenia, is a state of mental impairment marked by hallucinations, which are disturbances of sensory perception, and/or delusions, which are false yet strongly held personal beliefs that result from an inability to separate real from unreal experiences. Less obvious symptoms, such as social isolation or withdrawal, or unusual speech, thinking, or behavior, may precede, be seen along with, or follow the psychotic symptoms.

Some people have only one such psychotic episode; others have many episodes during a lifetime, but lead relatively normal lives during the interim periods. However, the individual with 'chronic' schizophrenia, or a continuous or recurring pattern of illness, often does not fully recover normal functioning and typically requires long-term treatment, generally including medication, to control the symptoms.

The World of People With Schizophrenia

• Distorted Perceptions of Reality - People with schizophrenia may have perceptions of reality that are strikingly different from the reality seen and shared by others around them. Living in a world distorted by hallucinations and delusions, individuals with schizophrenia may feel frightened, anxious, and confused. In part because of the unusual realities they experience, people with schizophrenia may behave very differently at various times. Sometimes they may seem distant, detached, or preoccupied and may even sit as rigidly as a stone, not moving for hours or uttering a sound. Other times they may move about constantly always occupied, appearing wide-awake, vigilant, and alert.

• Hallucinations and Illusions - Hallucinations and illusions are disturbances of perception that are common in people suffering from schizophrenia. Hallucinations are perceptions that occur without connection to an appropriate source. Although hallucinations can occur in any sensory form: auditory (sound), visual (sight), tactile (touch), gustatory (taste), and olfactory (smell), hearing voices that other people do not hear is the most common type of hallucination in schizophrenia. Voices may describe the patient's activities, carry on a conversation, warn of impending dangers, or even issue orders to the individual. Illusions, on the other hand, occur when a sensory stimulus is present but is incorrectly interpreted by the individual.
    • Delusions - Delusions are false personal beliefs that are not subject to reason or contradictory evidence and are not explained by a person's usual cultural concepts. Delusions may take on different themes. For example, patients suffering from paranoid-type symptoms roughly one-third of people with schizophrenia often have delusions of persecution, or false and irrational beliefs that they are being cheated, harassed, poisoned, or conspired against. These patients may believe that they, or a member of the family or someone close to them, are the focus of this persecution. In addition, delusions of grandeur, in which a person may believe he or she is a famous or important figure, may occur in schizophrenia. Sometimes the delusions experienced by people with schizophrenia are quite bizarre; for instance, believing that a neighbor is controlling their behavior with magnetic waves; that people on television are directing special messages to them; or that their thoughts are being broadcast aloud to others.

• Or as EvilForce eloquently said it, such ones engage in " masterbation of the mind"

nuff said

• Quotes
    Quotes

Schizm,

You said "I really don't have much to say to a person such as yourself who sees little relevance in the Hebrew scriptures."

In my opinion, that statement is consistent with you being an intellectual coward. I am dissappointed with you... again. Disagree? OK, put the shoe on the other foot. Imagine you are discussing something like, say, evolution, and when you ask for proof from the evolutionsist, that person says to you "I don't have much to say to a person that sees little relevance in the importance of the observation of shifting Alele frequencies in DNA." Intellectually cowardly statement. Tsk, tsk.

You then procede to offer your own interpretation of a couple of scriptures (i.e. your basic arguement is "it says A, but what it *REALLY* means is B"). You were asked for biblical proof, and you have provided none; instead you have given YOUR INTERPETATION of a couple of scriptures, where YOUR INTERPRETATION is NOT stated in the scriptures.

Sadly, since you failed to actually provide chapter and verse citations (again, cowardly and weak on your part) we can't even discuss it further.

As expected, reading your posts is a total waste of time. You pretend to have all the answers, but you apparently have none.

~Quotes, of the "always provides citations to back up claims at my website" class.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Sadly, since you failed to actually provide chapter and verse citations we can't even discuss it further.--Quotes.

Anyone who knows their Bible doesn't need to be shown precisely where the account is in which David feigned being insane (hint: remember what he did with his saliva). Obviously, you need someone to hold your hand and show you where everything's at in the Bible. Don't you think it's about time you read the Bible for yourself?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

She asked to be shown biblical reference Schizm....not a moral judgement.

So either post the book, chapter, verse, or quit railing against her.

Or simply say you don't know.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Thankyou ShadowX and Quotes!!!!!

Schizm as I expected you are unable to prove your belief. You are unable to simply answer a question from someone who is sincere in checking to see if they have been misinformed. You are a waste of my time.

I wish you luck in trying to debate with these tacktics, but you will probably find you will attract more anger from people than followers.

Like most people who have left JW we have been burnt by your type of reasoning and don't wish to be subject to this any longer. I'm sorry I ever gave you a moment of my time.

Moanzy

PS. I will never answer anything posted by you again as I feel you are not seeking TRUTH.

• Schizm
    Schizm

LOL....how Christian of you.....LOL .

• Schizm
    Schizm

I asked Moanzy the following 3 questions, but she refuses to answer:

[1] Why would Jesus disapprove a person who uses deceit (as a stratagem), if needed, in order to accomplish the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do?

[2] Do you think that Jesus disapproved David for feigning madness that time? Of course David wasn't really insane, but it did the trick. [3] Do you yourself condemn David for doing that?

Moanzy wants others to answer HER questions, while she refuses to address questions put to her. My guess is that she hasn't even read the "Old Testament" so as to know anything about David having used trickery to save himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit