A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm shocked that before this thread, I had never even noticed Schizm before. What a freak.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

First of all Schizm, you don't know me to make such a judgment call, you don't know who I am, how well informed I am, you know absolutely nothing about me to make such a swift judgment.

Secondly and this is so obvious that blind can see, you are using tactic "attack messenger and not the message" since you've never properly answered my question. (wonder if that is what you call "theocratic warfare")

You actually chose to attack me instead of giving an answer:

Do you actually think a CO would reveal something like this to a person like you, an individual who obviously has little ability to appreciate such things?

If you look carefully into what you write in most of your posts in this thread you will see that you are simply maneuvering around the issue to avoid direct and truthful answer.
    My question to you was really simple and here it is again:

... so what you've just admitted here is that Governing Body doesn't trust anyone since I'm yet to meet CO or even higher ranking JW who knew the truth about NGO membership, let alone small publishers who by the way go through all the trauma and suffering for being JW unlike you asses in bethel homes, and you don't trust those people yet? what do they need to do to earn your trust?

Pleasuredome also summarized it well:
    what schizm, the jw, is trying to say is that its ok for the WTS to lie, be two faced, caniving, deceitful and hypocritical. what's wrong with that?

Any honest hearted person would be disturbed by such allegations. Not trying to offend you but I don't see you are disturbed. On contrary, it seems you are taking pleasure in it. Rather strange don't you think?

And that about making me nervous along with everyone else:
    Son, I've been to hell and back, and 90% of that was for the sake of thing you call truth. So if you want constructive conversation here I am, try me, but don't insult my intelligence nor assume that I'm afraid of you. You have absolutely no idea what I've lost because of watchtower society, so don't presume that you do, OK?

The only thing I can discern from your answers and the way you presenting your arguments is that you actually like making people nervous.
    Have you ever stopped for a second and wondered if, say, apostle Paul would share in your attitude or Jesus for that matter.

And on another note most of the people you'll find here once loved "the truth" most were ready to lose their lives for it if needed (and many did) Most of people here suffered great deal because of it, many lost family members, possessions, jobs, carriers, educations, (need I contine?)
    Many of them had to watch loved one die because they thought they would sin against god if they took organ transplant. Only to find out that watchtower reversed their view on the matter few years down the track. Same goes for the use of blood recycling machines, albumin, globulin and many other BLOOD products which were once strictly forbidden or you would face being disfellowshipped (and we all know what that meant, don't we?)

So before you come out here charging with your hot headed arguments perhaps try to reflect on what you are actually doing. If you are so convinced that what you have is actually THE TRUTH why not show Christ-like calmness and attitude while trying to present your case. Perhaps, just perhaps someone might listen. And you know what? That's the best you can hope for.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Don't worry to much for Scitz, my friends. He obviously hasn't picked up his latest Watchtower from the magazine counter.

From the WT 5/15/05 "Keep Yourself Restrained Under Evil" page 25-26:

If we are trully peaceable, this will be evident in the spirit that we show. It will be reflected in what we say and do, perhaps also in our facial expression and in our tone of voice. (Proverbs 17:27) When sending his apostles out to preach, Jesus counseled them: "When you are entering into the house, greet the household ["wish the house peace," The New English Bible]; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you." (Matthew 10:12, 13) The message that we bear is good news. The Bible calls it "the good news of peace," "the good news of the undeserved kindness of God," and "this good news of the kingdom." (Ephesians 6:15; Acts 20:24; Matthew 24:14) Our objective is, not to criticize the other person's beliefs or to argue with him about his viewpoints, but to share with him good news from God's Word.

Scitz: As your fellow brother in "the truth" I recommend you take your chapped little cheeks directly to the hall and sit them down in front of a couple elders to confess you've been playing naughty on the internet again.

Now quit your rabble.

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

Hey, Schizm, or should I say Schism
    This is how your nickname is interpreted at answers.com

schism

noun

1. An interruption in friendly relations: alienation, breach, break, disaffection, estrangement, fissure, rent 2, rift, rupture, split. See assemble/disassemble, help/harm/harmless.
    2. A state of disagreement and disharmony: clash, conflict, confrontation, contention, difference, difficulty, disaccord, discord, discordance, dissension, dissent, dissentience, dissidence, dissonance, faction, friction, inharmony, strife, variance, war, warfare. See conflict/cooperation.
    3. The condition of being divided, as in opinion: disunion, disunity, divergence, divergency, division. See assemble/disassemble.

Thumb up for you upss sorry that was down

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Schizm,

You mentioned that the concept of "Theocratic Warfare" is one that many Bible characters engaged in with Jehovah's blessing. While I can think of examples in pre-Christian times pre-Mosaic Law times, I disagree utterly with your view from the Law of Moses forward. No servants of Jehovah were rewarded for deceit from that time forward. I invite you to offer any example that demonstrates otherwise.

Please do not embarrass yourself by citing Rahab (a Jerichite harlot at the time of her deceit) or the Gibeonites (persons who were slated for destruction by God but gratefully accepted a slightly reduced sentence of perpetual servitude due to their certainty of Jehovah's ability).

I would need a reference to any account involving intentional deception and/or direct contravention of God's directions to his people by the leadership of Israel, by Jesus, or by the early Christian congregation that resulted in Jehovah's favor and blessing. The reference would also need to be one you consider an example of waging "Theocratic Warfare" of the sort you believe to have been involved in the UN/DPI issue.

I caution you in advance: I have dozens of contrary examples to provide, where persons in positions of leadership were handed heavier consequences for contravening standards for the people. My belief is that you have a grand total of zero accounts to support your statements from the Mosaic Law forward. Both Abraham and Jacob might give you some wiggle room but for the fact that neither had any law from Jehovah to violate beyond circumcision.

I look forward to a thoroughly considered reply. I do hope you will not continue embarrassing yourself and letting me down with another pompous but ultimately empty reply.

OldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm

OldFartSoul,

While I can think of examples in pre-Christian times pre-Mosaic Law times, I disagree utterly with your view from the Law of Moses forward. No servants of Jehovah were rewarded for deceit from that time forward. I invite you to offer any example that demonstrates otherwise. .... I would need a reference to any account involving intentional deception by the leadership of Israel. .... My belief is that you have a grand total of zero accounts to support your statements from the Mosaic Law forward.

Ever read the story about how Ehud took care of that other Old Fart named Eglon?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Schizm you obviously are stupid and need to continue going to meetings and plying those other morons with your wonderous knowledge. Please don't waste you talents and abilities on us free thinkers here. Talk to someone who might find your masterbation of the mind interesting..... nuff said.

• Schizm
    Schizm

EvilForce,

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Spoken like a typical upstanding exemplary JDub.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

LOL....how Christian of you.....LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit