A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Sadly, since you failed to actually provide chapter and verse citations (again, cowardly and weak on your part) we can't even discuss it further.--Quotes.

Okay, I'll go so far as showing you where it's found since you've obviously never read all the Bible. No, I'll even quote it for you, so that you won't even have to look it up (besides, you probably couldn't even find the book of 1st Samuel).

12 And David began to take these words to his heart, and he became very much afraid on account of A´chish the king of Gath. 13 So he disguised his sanity under their eyes and began acting insane in their hand and kept making cross marks on the doors of the gate and let his saliva run down upon his beard. 14 Finally A´chish said to his servants: “Here YOU see a man behaving crazy. Why should YOU bring him to me? 15 Am I in need of people driven crazy, so that YOU have brought this one to behave crazy by me? Should this one come into my home?”

So here we have David PRETENDING to be something he really wasn't. Is that deceitful? Yes, it is. Would Jesus condemn David for having practiced deceit in this instance? Of course not!

With regards to Ehud (sited above), would Jesus condemn him for having fooled Eglon? Of course not!

Thus, Theocratic Warfare is scriptural. And the WTS has indeed made use of this scripturally approved tactic, with the result that the Good News of the approaching end of man's rule is being heard by more and more people around the globe.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Ive been watching this thread for awhile now and Im just curious. why do you guys bother to acknowledge any of Schizm's posts. he obviously just wants to imflame and irritate. why not just ignore him maybe he will go away

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Would Jesus condemn David for having practiced deceit in this instance? Of course not!

How do you know what Jesus' opinion would be on the subject?

Just because the bible says something happened does not mean it is approved by Jesus. If that were the case the society could justify any act, such as rape, child abuse, murder, incest, and theft.

Oops, sorry! I forgot - they already practice these things. And since you evidently approve of their practices I must assume that your existence is every bit as obscene as theirs.

Walter

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Ive been watching this thread for awhile now and Im just curious. why do you guys bother to acknowledge any of Schizm's posts. he obviously just wants to imflame and irritate. why not just ignore him maybe he will go away.--Lilbit.

Some people continue to read what I have to say because they're not sure of themselves. Another reason is that they know that I'm able to defend all that I say. Of course people like you, Lilbit, would prefer that I go away because of the path you've chosen to follow. Even if everyone here were to ignore what I post there are untold thousands who silently observe the exchanges here at JWD, and they see how shallow the minds are of those here who condemn the WTS for having become an NGO.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Some people continue to read what I have to say because they're not sure of themselves. Another reason is that they know that I'm able to defend all that I say. Of course people like you, Lilbit, would prefer that I go away because of the path you've chosen to follow. Even if everyone here were to ignore what I post there are untold thousands who silently observe the exchanges here at JWD, and they see how shallow the minds are of those here who condemn the WTS for having become an NGO.

ROFLMAO!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Would Jesus condemn David for having practiced deceit in this instance? Of course not!

How do you know what Jesus' opinion would be on the subject?

Just because the bible says something happened does not mean it is approved by Jesus. If that were the case the society could justify any act, such as rape, child abuse, murder, incest, and theft.--Iiz2cool.

Of course you'd probably say the same thing with regards to the actions of Ehud. With regards to the part of your statement highlighted in red, that's just plain stupid of you.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    they see how shallow the minds are of those here who condemn the WTS for having become an NGO.

You are the only person here who I have ever seen shallow enough to threaten to cyber smash a man's nuts with a sledgehammer because he made a very light hearted joke at your expense and you couldn't take it.

I'm sure people are looking and reading, and you're giving them an eyeful of exactly what kind of defenders the WTBTS has to show for itself.

J

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This thread is the perfect example of how a cult can drive a person straight out of their f**king mind. They will use ANYTHING they can to rationalize and justify the coverups, doctrinal flip flops and wickedness of their dangerous little religious cult. What a sad existence.

GBL

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: Well, whatever happened to OldSoul?!?! I supplied him with an example, after he claimed that I couldn't, then he just up and disappears. Must have gotten cold feet. In the fifties we called people like him "chicken".

Poor Schizm. Were you feeling like I had abandoned the thread? I do not have access to the Internet from my home and must wait until I can access it before replying. I have mentioned this current limitation of mine several times on JWD.

As to the name calling, that went out of vogue with adulthood. Mature humans don't let pettiness ruffle their ability to present reasoned arguments.

Schizm: Ever read the story about how Ehud took care of that other Old Fart named Eglon

Yes. Have you ever studied it? You know, have you ever gone beyond "reading" the Bible daily and actually "studied" it?

What deception was used? Those who sent Ehud as the carrier of the yearly tribute to the Israelite's enemy captor King, Eglon, did so because he was left handed. Why was that detail included? They knew Ehud would be checked for weapons because Eglon's men would recognize him as a captive enemy of the King. The Moabites knew full well the possibility of exactly what happened, they simply checked the wrong leg for a weapon. Had they found the weapon, Ehud would surely have been slaughtered and that would have been the end of the story.

Look it up on the 2003 Watchtower Library CD-ROM, if you need their approval for that view. You will find it.

Ehud was fulfilling a requirement of the Moabite King's law in bringing the tribute. Ehud did not express any praise for Eglon, did he? He never agreed to support Eglon, did he? He announced merely that he had a secret errand for him. A message from God. It was true. He did. No deceit whatsoever.

So, I disagree with your use of this as an example of what you hint at. This is certainly not an example of the sort of Theocratic Warfare you describe. Besides, in the case of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society becoming an NGO Affiliate associated to the UN/DPI and maintaining that relationship for ten years, the WTS says there was criteria "to which they could not subscribe" and that because of this "criteria" they "disassociated [them]selves."

So, are they lying to me when they state why they disassociated themselves? To what end? Am I their Theocratic enemy, as well? Sorry, sport. It doesn't come out in the wash. The big, ugly, easily provable stain is still right there so that anyone who cares to look can see it. Blemish? More like indelible red dye.

So much for keeping themselves "without spot from the world."

Schizm: David pretended to be insane when he wasn't, and that was deceitful ... blah, blah, blah (summarized by OldSoul)

Now, really, Schizm. Could you only find one example of this supposedly unremarkably common method of accomplishing Jehovah's will? Still, your example is a gross stretch outside context, at that. I asked for a very specific class of example:

OldSoul: I would need a reference to any account involving intentional deception and/or direct contravention of God's directions to his people by the leadership of Israel, by Jesus, or by the early Christian congregation that resulted in Jehovah's favor and blessing.

David was not Israel's King, therefore he was not "the leadership of Israel" while fleeing for his life from King Saul. He was also not "Jesus Christ." Nor was he the early Christian congregation. Please, by all means try harder next time.

Although, I am confident that your efforts will be completely and utterly futile, I welcome your entertaining attempts to establish some meager scrap of precedent for the outrageous behavior you have witnessed. I await what I hope to be a more thoroughly considered reply.

OldSoul

• Schizm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit