A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Might I respectfully recommend avoiding the concept "where" altogether, and adopting instead the concept of "whom?" That is what Peter asked. He knew that he didn't look to a specific place or to an earthly organization for spiritual guidance anymore. He looked to a different source. I encourage you to follow that example.

Thank you OldSoul for your insight. You are right on the money IMO. Seeing that quote from my first post really made me realize just how much I have grown spiritually even in just the short time I have been at this site. My spiritual life has taken a new direction and it is in the complete opposite direction of the WTBTS. I too have come to believe God is accessible to each and every individual who seeks him and it does not take a manmade religion or organization to have a relationship with him. There are plenty of accounts in the Bible showing followers who worshipped God without aid of the Bible nor a manmade organization. God is kind, merciful and forgiving. I use the Bible and the beliefs of others as a springboard and I use discernment when reading the Bible and listening to the opinions of others. I take what makes sense to me and leave the rest behind. I am learning new things each and every day. I do not believe God shows favoritism to JWs or any particular religion and I would never go back to that organization seeking the loving God I have found since leaving. I am so much more tolerant of others, so much more forgiving of myself and so much closer to my family and friends since I have left.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I try my hardest to be a kind, loving and understanding person.-- adelmaal .

ROFLMAO! - schizm

Funny that concept would be lost on you...

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm: Of course you're going to say that the "message from God" was that he decreed that Eglon should die at Ehud's hand.

There was no deceit. The art of metaphor is apparently lost on you. That was exactly what God's message was.

There indeed was deceit, even according to your perception of the matter. Do you actually think that Eglon believed that Ehud had THAT SORT of message from God? Certainly, if Eglon hadn't been fooled he would never have dismissed his guards in the first place. Who are you trying to fool (deceive), OldSoul? Surely not me, I hope. You should know better than that! I'm much smarter than what Eglon was. LOL On the other hand, look who it is that hasn't caught onto what the WTS has done by becoming an NGO with the UN. You're absolutely hilarious, OldSoul. Talking about cheap intertainment!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Some people continue to read what I have to say because they're not sure of themselves. Another reason is that they know that I'm able to defend all that I say.

What does this mean?

In all my life, I always understood that to defend oneself meant giving ANSWERS.

Schism..........it seems to me that you NEVER give an answer. You just ask another question. Seems like you are not really that informed but prating on from years of "rote" memory.........all the stuff that was repeatedly put into your memory bank of a mind is just fodder to fill the void.............nothing with substance.

Reminds me of myself when I would agitate people by knocking on their doors. When I had a "householder" who had knowledge of the bible (usually a nominal Christian who believed from the heart and not from rote memory) and could defend their beliefs, I was dumbstruck. Their reasoning was so true and basic, and I would say anything to continue my JW circular reasoning since I could not really argue from the bible. I have had a few years to pore over the bible on it's own merit, I now find my argumentative response to them completely stupid............just like yours Schism. As I was.........you are. Blinders are hiding what is really there and you REFUSE to acknowledge it. Someday you just might really understand. But for now, I expect to see more swill coming from your keyboard......nothing of substance........just JW swill!

HappyDad

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I am so much more tolerant of others-- adelmaal .

ROFLMAO!

• Schizm
    Schizm

HappyDad,

You've done nothing more that call me names, in effect. Why not try and address the issue at hand. Who knows, I might even eat you for lunch also.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: There's no question whatsoever of you being the WTS's enemy.

Such confidence in your own ability to judge the house servant of another! Wow! I am deeply impressed! Not in a good way, but deeply impressed just the same. You don't even know me and I stand under judgement by you!

It is a trivial thing to be judged by you or a human tribunal. I am not conscious of anything against myself. But by that I am not proved righteous... he that examines me is God. When you get done playing God get out of his chair, he'll need that back while measuring you according to your own exacting standards. I hope you have been very careful.

An enemy is one who attacks. I cannot be called an enemy for speaking truth or promoting belief in truth. In fact, even according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society an apostate is one who spreads lies or misrepresentations about Jehovah's Witnesses. I do neither.

I am a publisher in good standing in my local congregation. Are you my judicial committee? I haven't been able yet to present my side and you have already declared me guilty? How hypocritical and Pharisaical can you get! It reminds me of Jesus' illegal trial! You have quite a large scripture containing case there, Schism, and your fringe is dragging the floor.

You still have presented no example of the kind of Theocratic Warfare you suggested. Certainly nothing that would explain away a ten year association to the image of the wild beast, an organization that is repugnant to Jehovah! The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society disassociated themselves from the UN/DPI after ten years, more than 1 / 12 of their modern existence.

I am certain that the reason was exactly as they stated it: for library privileges. I have no doubt at all that their decision did not extend beyond that reason. I further have no doubt that their reason is absolutey irrelevant to discussion of the actual legal relationship established and its implications. If an atheist associates himself or herself to the YMCA simply for use of the swimming pool it still implies support for the YMCA. That principle is solidly established precedent.

OldSoul

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Talking about cheap intertainment!

Truer words have never been uttered Schizm. I keep trying not to 'intertain' your moronic blathering and I still keep getting drawn in. You and Brownboy should start your own caberet show!

GBL

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Who knows, I might even eat you for lunch also.

Also??? I haven't noticed you "eating anyone for lunch" here. If anyone here has stopped responding to you it's probably because they recognize one fundemental truth - that some people are born stupid and remain that way their entire life. You are just such a person.

Cults thrive on people like you.

Walter

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You don't even know me and I stand under judgement by you!--OldSoul.

I know you quite well.

In fact, even according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society an apostate is one who spreads lies or misrepresentations about Jehovah's Witnesses. I do neither.

You are a liar.

I am a publisher in good standing in my local congregation.

You're also a hypocrite.

You still have presented no example of the kind of Theocratic Warfare you suggested.

You can deny it for as long as you have yet to live, but it don't make it so.

I am certain that the reason was exactly as they stated it: for library privileges. I have no doubt at all that their decision did not extend beyond that reason.

It's a proven fact that one doesn't need to be and NGO in order to have access to that library. Seems everyone who posts here except you knows that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit