A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I would need a reference to any account involving intentional deception ... by the leadership of Israel.--OldSoul.

Here ya go. An example of waging "Theocratic Warfare" that involved intentional deception by the leadership of Israel:

12 And once again the sons of Israel went doing what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes. At that Jehovah let Eg´lon the king of Mo´ab grow strong against Israel, because they did what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes. 13 Furthermore, he gathered against them the sons of Am´mon and Am´a·lek. Then they went and struck Israel and took possession of the city of palm trees. 14 And the sons of Israel continued to serve Eg´lon the king of Mo´ab eighteen years. 15 And the sons of Israel began to call to Jehovah for aid. So Jehovah raised up for them a savior, E´hud the son of Ge´ra, a Ben´ja·mite, a left-handed man. In time the sons of Israel sent tribute by his hand to Eg´lon the king of Mo´ab. 16 Meanwhile E´hud made a sword for himself, and it had two edges, its length being a cubit. Then he girded it underneath his garment upon his right thigh. 17 And he proceeded to present the tribute to Eg´lon the king of Mo´ab. Now Eg´lon was a very fat man.

18 And it came about that when he had finished presenting the tribute, he at once sent the people away, the bearers of the tribute. 19 And he himself turned back at the quarries that were at Gil´gal, and he proceeded to say: “I have a secret word for you, O king.” So he said: “Keep silence!” With that all those who were standing by him went on out from him. 20 And E´hud came to him as he was sitting in his cool roof chamber that he had to himself. And E´hud went on to say: “A word of God I have for you.” At that he rose up from his throne. 21Then E´hud thrust in his left hand and took the sword off his right thigh and plunged it into his belly. 2 2 And the handle kept going in also after the blade so that the fat closed in over the blade, for he did not draw the sword out of his belly, and the fecal matter began to come out. 23 And E´hud proceeded to go out through the air hole, but he closed the doors of the roof chamber behind him and locked them. 24 And he himself went out.

And his servants came and began looking, and there the doors of the roof chamber were locked. So they said: “He is just easing nature in the cool interior room.” 25 And they kept waiting until they were ashamed, and, look! there was no one opening the doors of the roof chamber. At this they took the key and opened them, and, look! their lord was fallen to the earth dead!

26 As for E´hud, he escaped while they were lingering, and he himself passed by the quarries and made his escape to Se·i´rah. 27 And it came about that when he got there he began blowing the horn in the mountainous region of E´phra·im; and the sons of Israel began going down with him out of the mountainous region, he being at their head. 28 Then he said to them: “Follow me, because Jehovah has given YOUR enemies, the Mo´ab·ites, into YOUR hand.” And they went following him and got to capture the fords of the Jordan against the Mo´ab·ites, and they did not allow anybody to pass over. 29 And at that time they went striking down Mo´ab, about ten thousand men, every one robust and every one a valiant man; and not a single one escaped. 30 And Mo´ab came to be subdued on that day under Israel’s hand; and the land had no further disturbance for eighty years. --Judges 3:12-30.

• integ
    integ

Why does anybody use Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) to back up how we should live our lives today? If that's the case, then when somebody steals we should cut off their hand, or we should stone people in the town square, offer up animal sacrifices etc. I never understood why people take some examples of the Old Testament as literal, and some as only guidelines to live our life. With that thinking, I should be allowed to have numerous wives, kill people in opposition to Jah, etc.

SCHIZM,

Where were you the other night at karaoke? You left me hanging during "You don't bring me flowers".....It was a train wreck doing that song alone.....

Integ.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Well, whatever happened to OldSoul?!?! I supplied him with an example, after he claimed that I couldn't, then he just up and disappears. Must have gotten cold feet. In the fifties we called people like him "chicken".

[removed]

If you still want to do the karaoke thing, let me know. Okay?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Wearing a shirt made of two threads? Aka, cotton / poly blend... you should be stoned.

Anyone who wants to say that the Old Testament is in any way, shape, or form a guideline for today is just plain insane and deserving of the punishments the OT dishes out.

You MUST,,,, ABSOULTELY MUST take the bible in it's historical context or you are deluding yourself and are a nut.

So Schizm which are you pecan, walnut, or peanut?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Try to picture in your mind the last post I directed your way.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hmmm I see....

I think the JW's really need someone like you in their midst. Please go back there and preach your understanding of the bible to all the other JW's I'm sure they would think your ideas are "new light" or "enlightened" thinking.....assuming this was the 15th century!

• Schizm
    Schizm

Spoken like a typical upstanding exemplary ex-JDub.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Schizm,

Your reply to Integ was really out of line. I do not think you are a JW at all and are merely a foul individual who thrives on insulting others when you cannot back up your own rather insane interpretation of scripture.

Either that or you have been out of medication for a while...

Jeannie

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm,

Your reply to Integ was really out of line. I do not think you are a JW at all and are merely a foul individual who thrives on insulting others....-- Jeannie.

If you weren't so biased you'd have said the same thing to the person who called me a "freak" up above. You're not really all that hard to figure out, Jeannie.

[removed].

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Good point Schizm. You probably do have a wee head.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit