A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

Generic Man

I read your comment on the `Happy` thread. You are no longer alone.

Welcome to JWD.

talesin

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

The guy who said it was about 80 years old, but there are still many others elders in the congregation who are that type. You know, one moment they manage to compose this friendly facade then suddenly stern and cold. Those kinds of elders who seem to get off on intimidating the audience with a tone of voice or stare down the audience.

(By the way, I've been a part of this board for awhile. I just got a new profile because I changed my email address. I'm still the same Generic Man some of you have known before.)

• professor
    professor

See, if you leave Jehovah's Org you are perhaps condemning your kids to death. Can't do that to the kids. My brother died in infancy and the elders told my parents that they had to stay faithful in order for him to be resurrected.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    My brother died in infancy and the elders told my parents that they had to stay faithful in order for him to be resurrected.--Professor.

That was a dumb thing for "the elders" to have said. There's reasons for believing that your brother will come back in the resurrection, simply on the basis that he was conceived to begin with. The WTS is wrong in thinking that people & their children who died in the Flood won't be resurrected. They're also wrong in thinking that people who die at Armageddon (including children) won't be resurrected. I know that, to most of you, what I've just said sounds like a paradox. You are prompted to ask, "Why would God resurrect persons whom he had eliminated at Armageddon?" Although it sounds contradictory, it really isn't. Just as most people don't understand why the Flood had to take place, neither do they understand the purpose for Armageddon. The fact is that Armageddon is a necessary thing. It's necessary for God to cleanse the earth of all who don't know righteousness in order to make way for Christ's 1000-year rule. Even as Noah and his small family wouldn't have been able to take care of the children that belonged to all those parents who died in the Flood, neither will those who are counted worthy of surviving Armageddon be able to care for the children that belongs to parents who die at Armageddon. The truth of the matter is that NEITHER the Flood nor Armageddon represents everlasting destruction. Thus, the WTS is 100% wrong in suggesting that those who die at Armageddon will have been sent to Gehenna. What you people here need to realize is that the WTS has a short history when compared to Christendom, yet is miles ahead of her when it comes to basic knowledge of the Bible. Yes the WTS has improvements to make, but thank God for its existence!

• Pwned
    Pwned

that just killed me when the loving brothers would make comments such as 'cant you just wait until armageddon so god will destroy (insert random person)', or if someone was rude on service they come back to the group and laugh about they will get theirs when god destroys them, pretty sadisitic

• Schizm
    Schizm
    that just killed me when the loving brothers would make comments such as 'cant you just wait until armageddon so god will destroy (insert random person)', or if someone was rude on service they come back to the group and laugh about they will get theirs when god destroys them, pretty sadisitic--Pwned.

What you're doing here is telling of examples where very immature individuals have made irrational statements. I have no doubts whatsoever but what you're telling the truth, but you're not telling the whole story either. The fact is that the WTS doesn't condone such an attitude as what you've described. You're not being fair, nor honest, in judging JW's as a whole on the basis of what a few immature dummies have said. Actually, I consider you as being just as immature as those you're poking fun at. And I'd bet money that you're not 25 years old yet. Right? You're as wet behind the ears as Gumby, but a whole lot younger.

• professor
    professor

Wow! Pwned was only sharing a personal observation/experience!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    'cant you just wait until armageddon so god will destroy (insert random person)', or if someone was rude on service they come back to the group and laugh about they will get theirs when god destroys them,

This has been my experience with older JW's as well.

What you're doing here is telling of examples where very immature individuals have made irrational statements. I have no doubts whatsoever but what you're telling the truth, but you're not telling the whole story either. The fact is that the WTS doesn't condone such an attitude as what you've described. You're not being fair, nor honest, in judging JW's as a whole on the basis of what a few immature dummies have said. Actually, I consider you as being just as immature as those you're poking fun at.

Take your head out of your ass and clean out the poo and maybe you'll hear some of these comments.

Kwin

P.S. Sorry, was I being immature there too?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Wow! Pwned was only sharing a personal observation/experience!--Professor.

That's not true at all!

Here's the proof:

that just killed me when the loving brothers would make comments such as......--Pwned.

His obvious intent was to ridicule, and nothing else.

Some "professor" you are!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Take your head out of your ass and clean out the poo and maybe you'll hear some of these comments.

Kwin

Go to hell!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit