A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• zaphod
    zaphod

i would really like you to draw me a picture, shizm.

it might be more clear and lucid than your specious reasoning.

agape

zaphod

• undercover
    undercover

I don't know why I'm bothering but anyhoo....

The WTS uses "Theocratic War Strategy" to protect the organization, the leaders and to keep the flock from knowing stuff they don't need to know, right?

Other corporations use "Theocratic War Strategy"...to protect investors, shareholders and to help drive stock prices up which increases sales and profits.

The WTS is a corporation hiding under the cloak of religion. While they operate differently than most public companies with investors and shareholders, one could consider the average JWs as shareholders and investors. They've been told what benefits they will receive for investing. The WTS lies and connives to increase publishers, increase literature placements(sales) which in turn increases profits.

When other corporations have been found out lying to investors and shareholders their leaders go to jail. They committed a crime and were acting unethical.

Yes, the WTS corporation is not under the same scrutiny as public corporations because they have hidden themselves under the name of religion. However, lying to the investors(average JWs) is still unethical and wrong. You can give it whatever stupid title you or they like, like "Theocratic War Strategy", but it's still lying and decieving.

Personally I don't trust people or companies that lie and try to deceive me. When I find out they are liars and cheats, I quit doing business with them. I have quit doing business with the WTS for that very reason. I no longer work for them or purchase their products.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Undercover,

It's obvious that you don't even get the point. Go sit in the corner, dunce!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You all condemn the WTS for making use of what it calls "Theocratic War Strategy". Yet, each and every one of you would be guilty of doing the same thing if the right condition presented itself. I find it not surprising that nobody chose to address my post up above. Of course, I know the reason why you tippy-toed out around it.

Here it is again. Anyone here brave enough to challenge it?

I'm absolutely positive that every single person who posts here would use the same sort of strategy if ever they were to be faced with certain circumstances. For example: What if some stranger suddenly barged into your home one evening, and with a deadly weapon in hand demanded to know where your wife is? Would you tell this potential rapist exactly what he wanted to know? Like: "Well, she's in the utility room putting clothes on to wash." Or, would you give him misleading information? Like: "I have no wife." Or maybe: "She's not here at the moment."

Since each and every one of you here would elect to give false information regarding the whereabouts of your wife, do you consider that to be a condemnable type of lie? Of course you don't! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/88936/1.ashx

Face it, you can't condemn the WTS's actions without condemning your own.

• undercover
    undercover
    Face it, you can't condemn the WTS's actions without condemning your own.

I've never claimed to be God's visible organization on earth dispensing food at the proper time to God's true followers. I've never placed myself in Jesus' place as mediator between man and God.

I can throw all the stones I want at them because I don't live in a glass house.

PS You dare people to step forward and the best you can do when one replies is call them names?

• Schizm
    Schizm

Undercover,

You're sidestepping the issue.

Return to your corner, dunce.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I don't know why I'm bothering but anyhoo....

The WTS uses "Theocratic War Strategy" to protect the organization, the leaders and to keep the flock from knowing stuff they don't need to know, right?

Other corporations use "Theocratic War Strategy"...to protect investors, shareholders and to help drive stock prices up which increases sales and profits.

The WTS is a corporation hiding under the cloak of religion. While they operate differently than most public companies with investors and shareholders, one could consider the average JWs as shareholders and investors. They've been told what benefits they will receive for investing. The WTS lies and connives to increase publishers, increase literature placements(sales) which in turn increases profits.

When other corporations have been found out lying to investors and shareholders their leaders go to jail. They committed a crime and were acting unethical.

Yes, the WTS corporation is not under the same scrutiny as public corporations because they have hidden themselves under the name of religion. However, lying to the investors(average JWs) is still unethical and wrong. You can give it whatever stupid title you or they like, like "Theocratic War Strategy", but it's still lying and decieving.

Personally I don't trust people or companies that lie and try to deceive me. When I find out they are liars and cheats, I quit doing business with them. I have quit doing business with the WTS for that very reason. I no longer work for them or purchase their products.

Undercover:

Great job sumarizing things. I, for one, do not believe you are a dunce but an intelligent and reasonable human being, based on your logic.

I am guessing you realized when you jumped into this thread you would get nowhere with Schizm but at least you have simplified things for those of us who agree that the Society's membership to the UN as an NGO was unethical and hypocritical considering their stance regarding JW members gaining benefit from involvement in other political or religious memberships or affiliations. Then to justify the WTBTS's membership to the UN as an NGO with the logic that it is ok to be deceitful because the Bible showed David was deceitful is just plain silly IMO.

• zaphod
    zaphod

where's the picture? or don't you truly want me to understand what the blithering hell you are prattling on about, gism, i mena, schizm

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Schizm,

If I lied to protect my wife from physical harm, I wouldn't call it spirit-directed, or God's will, or Theocratic (God-Ruled) War Strategy. I would call it what it was, a lie to protect my wife from physical harm.

I wouldn't gloss it over. I wouldn't pretend it wasn't a deceit. I wouldn't pretend that the deceit was something else.

You really don't know how badly you are embarrassing yourself with your ad hominem arguments, do you? I am angry with the WTS, but I am not angry at Jehovah's Witnesses. I pity them. (Matthew 9:36)

You are an apostate. You can say, "I will never be one like [fill in the blank]!" all you want. It will not change the fact of what you are, you cannot run from it and you cannot hide. Heaping all the abuse in the world on those you consider less than yourself will never make you more than what you are.

Of course, if you think little of me I take that as high praise.

OldSoul

• undercover
    undercover

Thank you for the compliment adelmaal, I'll try to not let it go to my head.

Schizoid,

Twice I responded to this thread with viewpoints for you and others to consider. You could have disagreed and then presented your arguments against my statements or ignore them. Instead, on both occasions, you resorted to calling me names without any kind of return argument or debate.

I'm assuming since an admin hasn't censured you on this thread that name calling is permitted. Since you don't want to discuss this logically, I'm done with you, you stupid fuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit