A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: You said, "It was this secret matter". No, that's not at all correct!

I also said...

OldSoul: Prior to jumping down my throat for changing "word" to "matter" you might want to examine the original Hebrew word:

...but you must have overlooked that entirely in your haste to reply.

I provided Strong's understanding of that Hebrew word. Feel free to post whichever understanding you would like to use for the Hebrew word that indicates it can only mean "spoken" word. You either didn't read or didn't understand the explanation of the Hebrew word. The usage can variously imply "matter," or "adverbially a cause: - act, advice, affair, answer," "task," "message," "errand," "tidings," and even "work."

As I said, "matter." As many translators render the word, "errand." It really is a shame that I go to the trouble of including that definition and you don't even bother to read it. It is certain that a message can take the form of an action. As can many of the other words within the scope of meaning the original Hebrew word carries.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: and btw, do YOU actually know who [Ehud] was?

A faithful Israelite who happened to be a left-handed Benjamite. Eglon may have thought him to be a traitor to the Israelites. Eglon also might have thought he was a messenger for Chemosh, or some other Moabite God. (w97 3/15 p. 29 Ehud?A Man of Faith and Courage) Interestingly, there is no mention of Theocratic Warfare of the sort you mention, or of any intent to deceive. There is mention that Eglon might have gotten the wrong idea, but nothing to indicate that Ehud caused his erroneous assumption.

Why? Do you know something more? Please quote your WT source for any other understanding.

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

I actually took some time to examine posts of this person and he's (or she) clearly a disturbed individual; If in doubt go to his post history.
    By answering, you're only fueling his imagination.

Give it a rest

alt

• ShadowX
  • ShadowX
    ShadowX

He's actually sucking you into his own sick reasoning, can't you see that?
    I wouldn't be surprised a bit if he really is a current JW. I remember visiting some JW chat rooms, as soon as I'd say something someone would try to hack my computer, and flood it with data frames until machine stalls. (no self respecting real hacker would actually go to JW chat room anyway and the only reason why someone tried was to shut me down) Same happened to my uncle in aussie so it's really not an isolated incident. They are such weird and twisted people. Thank goodness I've got out on time.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm: and btw, do YOU actually know who [Ehud] was?

A faithful Israelite who happened to be a left-handed Benjamite. Eglon may have thought him to be a traitor to the Israelites. Eglon also might have thought he was a messenger for Chemosh, or some other Moabite God.

Why? Do you know something more? Please quote your WT source for any other understanding.

It being the time of the Judges, Ehud was a Judge in Israel. That apparently meant that he was the cheif representative of Israel. Reasonably, Eglon knew Ehud's station among the Israelites. Did Eglon think that Ehud was a traitor to the Israelites? I see no reason for even intertaining such a question. Did Eglon think that Ehud was a messenger for Chemosh, Eglon's god? Not hardly! Ehud was an Israelite, whose God was Jehovah not Chemosh.

Now in light of the fact that Eglon knew perfectly well who Ehud was--namely, that he was the current Judge of a nation whose God was none other than Jehovah himself--what must have been his impression when Ehud told him "I have a secret word for you"? Hmmm ... a "secret word" ... being delivered by an Israelite Judge who served the God who had made a name for himself on many occasions. Reckon Eglon just might have thought that such "secret word" was that of Ehud's God? I believe that it's very reasonable to assume that that's exactly what went through Eglon's mind. A short while later Ehud was very explicit about the source of the message, saying to Eglon: "A word of God I have for you."

If you prefer to think otherwise, you're free to believe as you wish.

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

See what I mean??

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Not sure what to say! I guess I couldn't live by all JW live by. Couldn't agree on most of what they think and after all, just love my freedom, freedom to choose what to think, freedom to make love when I feel like it and ... well you get the picture-- ShadowX .

Oh yeah, I get the "picture". You need a shrink man! Consider getting some help, won't you. You've entered this thread several times now to do nothing but call people names. Not one time have you tried to address a single issue! I'm surprised that the mods haven't said something to you. You're using what is supposed to be a discussion forum to spew your hatred. Get a life, and don't forget to go seek some help.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Many here seem to think that ewatchman is owned and operated by 'YOU KNOW' who has a long posting history on the internet. There has YET to be any proof of that claim. So far it is just that...a claim.

Respectfully, sKally

You may rest assured that it is "You Know" that operates the e-watchman site. I happen to know that for a fact. I'd even tell you how it is that I know that except that he himself, if he were to read this thread, would know who "Schizm" actually is if I gave out the necessary details.

• zaphod
    zaphod

oh dear, schizm

admittedly, i have only been using this site for five days, and there may be some more not too amiable people lurking within its forums that i have not yet come across, but may i say, from the several times that i have read your contributions to discussions, that you do seem to come across, rightly or wrongly, as a thoroughly unpleasant person.

maybe you are not, but that is how you definitely come across on screen. i hope that you are a much nicer person than you seem

agape

zaphod

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit