A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Makena1
    Makena1

Schizm (come clean - you are actually "You Know" right?) replied: You've rendered a decision (having found fault with what I've said), but you haven't explained the basis for the decision. Afraid to?

NO! I have read the bible several times through JW glasses - now that I took the "kingdom shades" off, I see a lot more clearly.

I believe there is some higher power out there - however, he/she/it is not limited by human interpretation of scripture. Even you are saying that the WT is in error - so why should I live in fear of disagreeing with them? A truly benevolent, all powerful God would be able to read my heart - and would also know that I would be a faithful, obedient follower IF given the opportunity - free and clear of cultish propaganda.

The last sentence in that paragraph was very comforting to me - because if the rest of fairy tale comes to pass, I will be among those shaking my fist at the heavens, as so poignantly portrayed in Watchtower artwork. After the birds are done pecking out my eyeballs, I guess my soul/spirit still has a chance for more mischief in some other dimension?

Personally, although I'm not the one to judge, I think it's possible that you may have just cut your own throat.

I "appreciate" your concern, but that does not bother or frighten me either - Why should I live in fear of something I know longer believe or take seriously. If I am wrong - please see the above about a benevolent God/super being.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    You're as wet behind the ears as Gumby, but a whole lot younger

Such a typical response from someone with a JW mindset. Just disregard someone's personal thoughts by frowning on his/her youth (1 Tim. 4:12).

I believe this post was regarding the JWs and their view that innocent young children will be destroyed at armageddon as a result of their parents actions. How silly is that. They do believe it. Heard it said more than once while I was in. Actually, I think you originally agreed that they believed it and they were wrong for believing it. So why then go and bash people for having opinions about that belief?

Personally, I don't thank the JWs or Christendom for Bible knowledge. I thank God for his Holy Spirit and his written word. That and Christ's sacrifice are all a Christian needs to be able to have a relationship with him. Why the JWs have to go and complicate things with their wild opinions is beyond me.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I know of a cure for AIDS that can be found in a botanical extract, but I am waiting for the right time to disclose it to the world health community as I see fit.

catchthis

You're a damned liar!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I get you all that Schizm is counting this time in his field service report!

What a cheat!!!

DY

• Valis
  • adelmaal
    adelmaal
    You're one smart SOB, Walter, you know that? The problem is that you don't know anything. You're a fool for having convinced yourself that you do.

Wow! Are you able to respond without criticism?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Why didn't you have a reply to that?

I did. I admitted it was a silly reply. Now, how about answering my questions?

J

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I get you all that Schizm is counting this time in his field service report!

What a cheat!!!

DY

I don't turn in service reports, dude. I don't even go to meetings.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You're one smart SOB, Walter, you know that? The problem is that you don't know anything. You're a fool for having convinced yourself that you do.
    Wow! Are you able to respond without criticism?--adelmaal.

Are you?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:And, as I've already said: It was nothing more than "theocratic warfare," waged for a purpose that I won't disclose to you.

What a disgusting JW liar. Try telling a judicial commitee that you joined the YMCA because you are conducting top secret "theocratic warfare" and see how far that gets your dumb ass.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit