A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Judges 3:18-24
    18 And it came about that when he had finished presenting the tribute, he at once sent the people away, the bearers of the tribute. 19 And he himself turned back at the quarries that were at Gil´gal, and he proceeded to say: "I have a secret word for you, O king." So he said: "Keep silence!" With that all those who were standing by him went on out from him. 20 And E´hud came to him as he was sitting in his cool roof chamber that he had to himself. And E´hud went on to say: ?A word of God I have for you.? At that he rose up from his throne. 21 Then E´hud thrust in his left hand and took the sword off his right thigh and plunged it into his belly. 22 And the handle kept going in also after the blade so that the fat closed in over the blade, for he did not draw the sword out of his belly, and the fecal matter began to come out. 23 And E´hud proceeded to go out through the air hole, but he closed the doors of the roof chamber behind him and locked them. 24 And he himself went out.

Now, as I read I find that it was this secret matter that Ehud said he had for the king, then the King sent the men out. That happened before Ehud mentioned God.

You know what? You're plum Goofy! (And I'll tell you why in just a second.) Plus, what you've done here is to provide ample evidence as to the reason "why" you aren't able to make it as a JW. You shouldn't feel all alone though, because all those whom you associate with at e-watchman have failed in the same way. I have a request for you: Will you please reveal here what handle you post under at the e-watchman forum?

You said, "It was this secret matter". No, that's not at all correct! Ehud had a secret "word," which suggests a MESSAGE (as opposed to an action or "matter"). In view of the fact that Eglon well knew who Ehud was (and btw, do YOU actually know who he was?), there's every reason to think that Eglon understood such "word" to be that of the God who Ehud worshipped. Then when Ehud later said "A word of God I have for you" it caused his curiousity to peak.

Do me a favor, would you please? The next time you post at Robert's forum tell him I said that he's made the biggest mistake of his life by taking the course he's on. I'd tell him myself, but I don't care to register so as to post on his site.

• lilbit
    lilbit

ok Im gonna piss everyone off but I cant help myself. All this argueing about a scripture and its meaning is a bit silly why?

1 You werent there!

2 There is no proof that this really happened in the first place

3 It has nothing to do with the UN thing no matter how the story is spun.

and off the subject I personally think most of the bible was written after someone had smoked too much wacky tabbaky

• Schizm
    Schizm
    smoked too much wacky tabbaky

And just what would a young punk like you know about smoking "wacky tabbaky"?

• lilbit
    lilbit

young punk?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: I have a request for you: Will you please reveal here what handle you post under at the e-watchman forum?

If I had a handle at e-watchman forum, I can't think why I would share it. I certainly would not see a need to deny its existence, however.

That said, I have no login/handle/username on e-watchman. If I remember correctly that is Randy's site and I hope this won't offend him; I have visited e-watchman forum a total of 1 times in my life. I really didn't care for the arrangement of information so I didn't stick around.

Why do you ask? Is there someone who posts there who puts you in mind of me? Do you post to more than one apostate Web site?

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    lilbit: ok Im gonna piss everyone off but I cant help myself.

No offense taken. Here is a logical poser: If you are going to try and explain to those who always face the back of the cave what is the true nature of the shadows and light, where would you start? (ala Allegory of the Cave) Would you start by describing the existence of small furry creatures that scamper about in forests filled with trees, or would you start by using their own experiences, their own perceptions, if you will, and slowly building on them?

Or perhaps you would start by telling them harshly, "Those shadows aren't real! They are simply the effect of you sitting between the wall and a light source! Here, I have a flashlight! I can make God's wherever I want!" and proceed to dance shadow puppets around the walls for them, stripping them of both life-long belief and all dignity in one instant.

I trust you would be more gentle than the latter example.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• sf
    sf

Hello OldSoul,

E-Watchman is NOT Randys site. Freeminds.org IS.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you.

Many here seem to think that ewatchman is owned and operated by 'YOU KNOW' who has a long posting history on the internet. There has YET to be any proof of that claim. So far it is just that...a claim.

Respectfully, sKally

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

OldSoul... You truly are patient and long suffering. Wipe the dust off your feet already .

Do you think Schizm is counting you as one of his Bible studies yet?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    sKally: E-Watchman is NOT Randys site. Freeminds.org IS.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't been posting here long, and this was the first place I landed.

Following links to other sites from posts here is the most I've done searching other sites. Well, when it comes to "Apostate Thinking," that is.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Gerard
    Gerard

The dubs did a great job on Schism... Whatt'a wako confused person!

All the best shedding these fears and phobias. Start with a reality check.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit