A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I think many JW are desensitized, or as one elder put it (I was a young lad at the time) ? if you want to progress in the truth you have to develop turtle skin. Imagine Jesus developing ?turtle skin?, pretty hard eh?

In many conversations I?ve had with JW before I've found that great majority of them (at least in this country) don?t even feel much sympathy what their own brothers and sisters in faith are going through in other lands.

Need I say more?

• moanzy
    moanzy

I find it so sad SCIZM that you continue to exept sin from your leaders as if God approves. What is good for the goose is good for the gander and the Society doesn't believe in this rule. They are making excuses for their behavior by saying it is "spiritual warfare". THIS IS NOT THEIR WAR!!!!! God does not approve of lieing or decieving from anyone and that include THEM.

They are human beings that BELIEVE God is using them and so they think that they have the RIGHT to do wrong. God does not work that way and Jesus NEVER instructed anyone to wage any type of Spiritual Warfare. It may be hard to get it through your thick head, but they are doing wong and it is people like you that they are duping.

It seems so unbelievable that this is happening, but they do not have YOURS or any other witnesses best interest in mind. They are selfish and they are liars and in the end they really don't care if you or your family is crushed by their agenda. You and all the other JW's are just a means to the end.(money). If something bad happens they will just turn around and justify it all with a scripture.

Moanzy

• Schizm
    Schizm
    God does not approve of lieing or decieving from anyone and that include THEM.--Moanzy.

You know, Moanzy, for you to be such an expert on what God does and doesn't approve of, it's really strange that you obviously don't know much about the Bible. If you did, you wouldn't have made such a statement as that. The fact is that there are many on this board besides me that could have responded to your erroneous statement, and shown you precisely why you're mistaken, but they didn't. Why didn't they? I'll tell you why. It's because they don't want to appear to be siding with the one that you're opposing. How that's spelled is like this: p-r-e-j-u-d-i-c-e You should know that prejudice can stand in a person's way of being able to see the truth of a matter. I observe that here all the time.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm sorry someone's first thread was hijacked by this Schizm freak. You think you can bully everyone around and they will cower in fear, Schizm? Save it for the Kindumb hall. Nobody is impressed, but maybe a little bored with people like you. You don't make any sense and you are too stupid to come up with a straightforward answer to any issues you are presented with. What a joke.

Here's to you, Schizm.

• Schizm
    Schizm

tsallgoodnow,

Here's to you, Schizm.

Apparently you don't know that you can't post a photo here from off your computer. You've got to first upload it to a site on the Internet before you can make it appear here. I'm rather disappointed in not being able to see what you had for me.

You don't make any sense and you are too stupid to come up with a straightforward answer to any issues you are presented with.

And just what "issues" are you talking about? Would you care to wrangle with me on one that you have in mind? Just me and you in the ring, okay? Let me know.

Schizm

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Schizm,

Are you a JW? Or at the very least, do you consider yourself a Christian?

Just curious,

Andi

• moanzy
    moanzy

So Schism care to tell us your "expertise " on what God does or doesn't approve of? I assume your name is Jesus Christ. Humility is a hard thing for many people. The sooner you are able to analize your ability to show this fine christian quality the sooner you may be able to show everyone here that you should be listened to.

When you are finally able to open your mind to see the true tragedies that this organization has done to families and many lives we will all be here for you. You sound like so many of the pathetic elders (including my father) that can't see their own faults.

I also never claimed to be an expert, but I did grow up as a JW my whole life and have my whole life to judge what this organization does as well as teach. I have been taught according to JW doctrine what Jehovah approves and doesn't approve. According to the FDS literature in their "expert opinion" God does not approve of any sort of dishonesty. I'm sorry if I was taught the wrong thing. Perhaps you can let the FDS know that the JWs have been taught the wrong thing for so long and that it's time to clean house and get rid of all those people that believe such an erroneous thing as this.

I hope you learn the truth one day and wish you luck on trying to continually defend lies. And by the way, I sincerely hope that you or your family are never treated abusively or wrongly by this organization and have to live through what most of us have no choice.

Moanzy

• Schizm
    Schizm

Moanzy,

God does not approve of lieing or decieving from anyone and that include [the WTS]. .... According to the FDS literature ... God does not approve of any sort of dishonesty.

It's not exactly "lying" or "deceiving" or "dishonest". It's simply Theocratic War Strategy. Several Bible characters practiced the same thing. I'm surprised that you have no knowledge of that.

Schizm

• moanzy
    moanzy

Isn't that interesting!!!! Who exactly would you be talking about? I know Jesus never instructed his followers to do this. Jesus who was sent for all mankind not only to die for us, but show us how to act as christians and somehow the scriptures on his dishonesty allude me. Perhaps Jesus wasn't following instructions properly.

Also, I have seen the dishonesty and lieing of all sorts that go on in the congregations. I was taught as a child to lie to the elders about the physical abuse I suffered under my "elder" fathers hand as well as his son. My sister wasn't allowed to tell the elders about her sexual abuse by her witness uncle because apparently it would defame Jehovah's name. We as children were treated as pathetic and told we needed to be kinder to our wonderful parents who did nothing to make sure we were treated kindly or make sure we were safe. Jehovah's name will never be defamed. It is a manmade organization that should fear. The world in general know the crimes people do in the name of God. God knows that religion including JW are using his name to back up every wrong they do.

I'm sorry,but my God does not work with any organization that is dishonest and is the example of dishonesty(spiritual warfare) to all its members. My God does not welcome organizations that makes families disown their children because these children refused to live with abuse anymore. Obviously you have not had to live with being beaten every day of your life!!!! Obviously you have never had a knife pulled on you by a family member that is baptised and was male so you had to respect him. Obviously you have never been told you were a liar when you tried to get spiritual help from the supposedly sheppards that are suppose to protect you.

I am an honest person and I still read the bible and pray. I know that I don't have all the answers and I know that NO one else does either. I refuse to argue about doctrinal points when God is going to judge me on what kind of person I am while living on earth. Not whether I excepted the doctrine of "spiritual warfare". I care about other peoples welfare and living life the best I can. I spend my days trying to be the best mom I can, teaching them their opinion is worth just as much as yours or mine and I don't beat them. I hope to show them how to except different opinions without being opinionated. I also will teach them about CULTS and what indoctrination does to people. I will teach them that cults will instruct you that you should be willing to give up family for whatever that cult deems necessary. I will tell them that grama and papa couldn't love them because their cult teaches that mommy is bad and will be killed in armageddon and so will they. That they believe they are righteous and we aren't worth anything. That it is OK for their cult to lie and be intellectually dishonest with their people and it is OK as long as no one says anything about it.

Moanzy

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Let's suppose that Armageddon came tomorrow, and you yourself don't survive. Who is supposed to raise your son, supposing that he did survive? .

Mmm..Schizm: is it maybe time to realize that the men who developed the failed policy on child sexual abuse, requiring 2 witnesses, are the same men who believe that Armageddon is a real thing and is still in the future?

The same guys who can't seem to decide if the men from Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected?

The same men who forbid, but now allow, alternative military service?

The same men who now allow hemoglobin solutions denied to dying ones over the years?

Wake up Schizm; enjoy life NOW. What you expect to come, it isn't coming. It's an allegory, like most of the Bible.

Jesus came to set you free; don't sign up for this nonsense any longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit