a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, it takes eighteen months of solid indoctrination with WT materials to get anybody to understand. The scriptures, unadorned, which AFIN, I show great respect for, cannot support your beliefs.

Poor try.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Everyone here poo poos everything I say. What do you all say if the witnesses end up being right? Is there no tiny bit of your consience that tells you that you just could be wrong? When the day comes, will you be able to say ...' well, I did what I thought was right at the time.' Just wondering, as I can't imagine believing other than I do.

• kls
    kls

Oldsoul; may i say, what a great job !!!!!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:When the day comes, will you be able to say ...' well, I did what I thought was right at the time.'

That is what this board is all about afin. We are human beings, individuals, doing what we KNOW is right. This isnt the easy course to take! That organization is hurting people in so many ways, you HAVE to take responsiblity for what you are party to at some point in your life. You can't just stick your head in the sand and claim ignorance! What sort of a life is that?

• toreador
    toreador

AFIN:Everyone here poo poos everything I say.

I havent poo pood anything you have said.

What if they arent?

If you can show scriptural support for the questions asked by "old soul" then yes.

Isnt that what any Christian would want to say. Didnt the Adventists, Russel, Rutherford, Calvin, Luther, do what they thought was right? Well maybe they didnt. Have you actually checked their history.

Is it Christlike to personally interpret the Bible and then make rules that impose shunning others for not agreeing with you?

TOr

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I will not in good conscience use holy scriptures here where there is little to no respect for the bible teachings. Any of you who have any familarity with Jehovah's Witnesses (and you must or you wouldn't be here) know that this is the way it has to be.

Jesus often used Scripture with many present who had no taste for them. Paul used Scriptures to great effect for everything from establishing his views, to reproving wrongdoers, to commending those who were - in his opinion - doing well.

Your claims do not wash, afin. You are a false witness. You freely and judge me without basis. You refer to my eventual shunning and all the needless pain that will accompany it as just so much red tape. You do not even answer a question that requires not a single Scripture ... or perhaps you missed it. I will post it again, in case you overlooked it before. I'll use the simpler form and ask two simple yes/no questions.

Okay, skip answering honest, sincere question with scriptures.

Please answer this: Do you personally know the scriptural proofs of these answers? Do you believe these answers truthful just because the Faithful and Discreet Slave said it is so?

Keep in mind, RescueMe and other lurkers are observing. Also, Jehovah will judge whether you answer truthfully. (Revelation 21:8)

I suspect you won't even answer this question. Neither watchtower.org, nor the Bible, nor my elders can answer this one, because it addresses your personal knowledge. You are the only one with the answer to it.

No Bible required, although I am still completely dumbfounded as to what reason you have for disregarding pointed instructions from the Bible. Unless you really consider me to be swine, that is. I never once called you that but you were inferring that of me, weren't you? Otherwise, I could reasonably have expected a PM from you with your Scriptural proofs. That was one of the two means my initial post invited you to avail yourself of.

You weren't wanting to throw your pearls before me [swine]. Isn't that the really, truly, honest truth, afin? Didn't you position yourself in the seat of Moses as my judge? Did you read Matthew 7:6 and forget to read the context? Read the marginal references from that verse, then read what I began by posting to you and honestly examine your responses. Who truly was the ridiculer and who the wise one?

You have treated respectful discourse with contemptuousness. You have earned my disrespect. I regret that you have chosen so poorly. I sincerely hope that you will not continue in that course. I am done heaping dishonor upon myself. Until you have changed your attitude toward respectful discussions, I will merely direct your posts on other threads back to this one.

Peace,
    OldSoul

• jgnat
    jgnat

You haven't said anything yet, AFIN.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Getbusyliving ... I have to take responsibility. You do too. My question is ... what if YOU are wrong? You all know there is that possibility. You are responsible for your actions too.

• kls
    kls

Afri what if you are wrong and you are with the false prophet and we are right. Don't you think there are good sound reasons for many of us leaving the wt.

Are you truly afraid to look into the lies of the wt ?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm wrong and the wt is right? I could be wrong about some things. But, i know that the wt is wrong about most things. One of their wrong things is that everything we do matters so much, in relation to the imaginary great universal issue. Remove that issue, and poof, beliefs and actions don't matter as much.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit