a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

I was equating using scriptures here as throwing pearls before swine. That should also answer RescueMe. Do you honestly believe that offering scripture in such a manner is throwing pearls before swine? Can you explain why? I honestly would like to know, as that seemed such a rude thing to say to one who was asking simply for quoted scripture, while offering nothing more than the same. I'm confused as to why one would refuse to answer a question if they are able to, and if they are not able to answer the question, then what harm is there in admitting that fact? No one can know everything, and there is no shame in that. kls...Old Soul, Thank you both, I'm sorry I misunderstood, and I am cautiously stepping out of the shadows, and into the light. Many thanks. :) I'm still a bit of a newbie as they say.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

*sigh*

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

(((Big Tex)))

At the TMS tonight there was a part where a brother said that the clergy of Christendom could not possibly be approved by Jehovah for having charge over the true religion because of their wickedness in dealings with children (primarily referencing the Catholic child molestation cases, and subsequent cover-ups by the church).

I immediately shot my husband a look. F'ing hypocrites.

By that brother's account - the WTS cannot possibly be approved by Jehovah either. Imagine that.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's funny. I remember when our door to door presentation line was something like, 'if you were god wouldn't you do something to improve the world situation?' Yet when a victim takes that thought to heart and actually expects that a loving god might do something now and then, he is called presumptuous. I guess it's the old double standard.

S

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

RS, since that brother isnt allowed to watch any 'worldly' programs regarding the witnesses or visit non Watchtower approved website theres a good chance he doesnt even know about all the child abuse shit going on behind closed doors in the Organization.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

RS... I was at the TMS tonight too. Not one word about the clergy of Christendom concerning true religion and not one word about child abuse. Refresh me ... what part was it on.

SS ... no double standard ... not even close.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    afin: You said something to the effect that a God you love would not allow this to happen ... not your words. However; don't you think it's presumptuous of you to decide what is right in God's eyes?

Yeah, Jimbo? Why don't you just let the Faithful and Discreet Slave? (All Rights Reserved, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.) do that for you?

Or ... you could just learn that the sort of God you love wouldn't condone such a thing or allow his spirit-directed? (Patent Pending, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.) Organization? to condone such a thing either in private or in public.

I'm not sure afin has been entirely forthcoming with the Watching the World quote. When was the last time you heard of the Slave class communicating directives to the flock through Watching the World? Well afin, ready to cough up the whole article? Is that asking to much? Something rings untrue with your post ... is it okay for you to mislead us with lies and half-truths? Have you been told we don't deserve to know? Will you post the context of that Watching the World quote you gave?

Why can you quote Watching the World but not Scripture? I am unfamiliar with the principles in play that lead to that anomalous reasoning.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    You said something to the effect that a God you love would not allow this to happen ... not your words. However; don't you think it's presumptuous of you to decide what is right in God's eyes?

Holy cr@p - did I read that right??? Either you have serious problems with verbal expression, or your self righteousness and <insert programmed WTS response here> mentality just led you to imply that there is a snowball's chance in hell that God would find anything "right" about the molestation of one of his innocent and precious children.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    In Watching The World of the December 8th Awake there is an article entitled Child Abuse In Mexico.

Without quoting the whole piece I'll post a few things said "(1) Believe and support your child when he or she reports being sexually abused. (2) Explain to the child that he or she is not responsible for what happened. (3) INFORM THE CHILD THAT WHAT HAPPENED IS AGAINST THE LAW AND THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO REPORT IT TO THE POLICE SO THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN."

i wonder why this was in a watching the world blurb and not a watchtower article which would make it an official stance of the watchtower instead of a casual paragraph. (i'm not sure if you typed in sexual abuse if the watching the world articles would even come up in a cd search)

regardless..its insulting that this huge issue which so many need help and guidance about was just given a watching the world paragraph instead of a major article.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    RS, since that brother isnt allowed to watch any 'worldly' programs regarding the witnesses or visit non Watchtower approved website theres a good chance he doesnt even know about all the child abuse shit going on behind closed doors in the Organization.

Granted. But are JWs really that self righteous (or naive) as to think that it doesn't happen within the walls of their organization??

As a mother, the whole thing makes me nauseous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit