a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Respectfully ... OldSoul ... Did you not just above call me a pig? You did. So don't question my words.

So ... your cong. did judge you ... Now the truth is coming out. You obviously have left the org. so you can not be related to people being witnessed to ... you being apostate.

I'm out of here for a few hours ... will check in later. I'm sure by then you'll have lots of cozy company.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

To apply "throwing pearls before swine" makes me wonder...if you think there are people here who need information, which you must or you would have left this forum a long time ago, then you would know they are also watching. A very simple series of questions was asked.

If something is true, a fact, does that make it a pearl? Is it a pearl of wisdom? If there is the possibility that one person could be rescued from doubt by a pearl, even in a room of swine...would it not be justified to share it? If something is indeed true, it stands on it's own, with no need of protection from anyone or anything. Either the infromation is there and printed or it is not.

Of course in almost any instance, a refusal to answer a direct question means the person has no answer or is aware the answer will put them at a disadvantage in the discussion at hand. Of course a person can say the person requesting the information does not deserve an answer, but in this case it is now a group, can you with clean conscience have an answer to a very often asked question, and withold it because YOU do not deem the group or the individuals in it worthy?

What would you say if someone you call upon in field service asks you that question? Defer them to the elders?

Very interesting.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Excuse me since I'm relatively new here myself, but does afin ever provide proof for anything she says? I'm beginning to think she is just a watchtower autoresponder that redirects everyone back to the watchtower site, kinda like mail forwarding. Am I off base here?

Jean

(apologies to old soul)

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Respectfully ... OldSoul ... Did you not just above call me a pig? You did. So don't question my words.

My, it is so easy to confuse you with such simple English. I said you should not think of yourself as a pig. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. There were two possible people you could have meant by the "Do not cast your pearls..." reference, you and me. I credited you with knowing how Jehovah would view you judging me as swine without any basis. He doesn't miind so much if you judge yourself, and I further credited you with knowing that. So, I encouraged you not to think so little of yourself.

So ... your cong. did judge you ... Now the truth is coming out. You obviously have left the org. so you can not be related to people being witnessed to ... you being apostate.

So judgemental! Yes, my congregation judged me. They judged me spiritually weak but not wicked. At the time, they were correct. I was very spiritually weak. Now I am neither weak nor wicked. I have "obviously left the org?" On what do you base this astute assumption? I happen to know a few apostates who are very surprised I have managed to stay in so long, but I have managed to do just that - in excellent standing in my congregation. Why is that so tough to believe?

In this thread you have helped prove that The Truth? (Patent Pending, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.) is simply the product of wishful thinking on the part of an Organization? that does not have Biblical support for its teachings. I want to know: Why not answer scripturally, if the Scriptures answer at all?

RescueMe is right to question that. Everyone is right to question that. Especially since according to 1 Timothy 3:16, 17, "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." The Watchtower frequently states that its pages are not inspired, so obviously the highest authority for any Witness? should be ... <drumroll> the Bible!

Curiously,
    OldSoul

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

I have a few minutes only ... OldSoul ... you can polish this old rock as long as you want and it'll still be a stone. GO TO THE ELDERS!!!! What do you think they are there for. If, as you claim, you are in good standing ... why are you asking me???? It's getting to be a sorry old tune. Do it or get off the pot!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    why are you asking me????

Perhaps he would like to hear your thoughts and then discuss it.

Chris

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Okay, skip answering honest, sincere question with scriptures.

Please answer this: Do you personally know the scriptural proofs of these answers or do you believe these answers truthful just because the Faithful and Discreet Slave said it is so?

Keep in mind, RescueMe and other lurkers are observing. Also, Jehovah will judge whether you answer truthfully. (Revelation 21:8)

I suspect you won't even answer this question. Neither watchtower.org nor my elders can answer this one, because it addresses your personal knowledge. You are the only one with the answer to it.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow... all the watchtower agent... a friend in need, would need to do, is show the scriptures and he'd be the Big Dog and put Old Soul in his place!

Yeah... didn't think it would happen. I suppose you should contact the "writing department" Old Soul".

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    afin: GO TO THE ELDERS!!!! What do you think they are there for[?]

Unlike you, I will assume you are asking in sincerity. I think they are there to make sure the flock of God stays inside the mental pen that has been created by men. As proof that my thoughts are incorrect, I would happily accept Scriptures that demonstrate my error - since Scriptures are inspired of God. I would not accept the thoughts of the men who created the mental pen for fencing the sheep well within the Law of the Christ. (see January 15, 1996 Watchtower, p. 29 paragraph 1; September 1, 1996 Watchtower, p. 11 paragraph 11)

I reject all such hypocrisy that resembles the adoption of Pharisaical approaches to the worship of God.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Maybe you should consider the private discussion with OldSoul ???

It started public it should finish public.

It just amazed me when friend claimed she didn't have the "equipment" to debate. I didn't know that you had to have a penis to discuss scripture. OOOOOOOhhh wait your boss at bethel will get in your A$$ because you don't have a penis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit