a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I?m sorry but after much consideration on this debate I must side with friend. The slacker side of me must appreciate the job she?s doing. Spending all day on the internet posting and being able to clock those hours up, my hat goes off to her. Tell me friend do you have to clock e-ministry hours up separately or do they count as hours spent in the field?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I believe what amazes me is that The Watchtower claims its advice is universally applicable, that all the faithful are subject to its counsel - yet here is afin, proof positive that the claim is not true. IF, that is ... if afin actually is here with the approval of the appointed.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I have been to the official Watchtower website. But I was not able to ask questions, make comments or dialogue as on this forum. No open forum there. Why not? What are they afraid of?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Questions. Comments. Thoughts. Concepts. Anything along those lines makes 'em wet their pants ... and not in a good way.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Geeeeeeeeeeez I've wondered why this topic was still runnning got curious again ...
    Well "a friend in need" ... Actually I wonder why you are here (now that's interesting) also (better not answer than answering what you do answering ) you can try to escape the question ... if they have a practical answer you are just escaping the reality (and that's not an other story) ... better escape from the topic totally ... why do you answer actually ? what push you here to answer the same thing ? Now that's curious ... (but not really in fact )

bye !

• zev
    zev

n/t

• Honesty
    Honesty

Respectfully ... OldSoul ... You are asking questions and I'm not answering. We've been around this circle before ... go to your elders ...

Well, well, well, what a deep subject for a 'friend in need', scriptural proof.

Actually, most of us here followed the 'arrangement' the FDS Jehovah has installed in 'these last days' and went to the elders for answers.

Their standard answer to questions that the FDS has not considered any of the programmed faithful ones to be capable of considering...... Wait on Jehovah or We will get some New Light unless, of course you die first.

Sorta like The Blind leading the blind. Translation = FDS stumped again and no where to look

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wow.............a typical "blind to the real truth" Jehovah's Witness who doesn't have a clue as to proving a point with scripture (and to think....I was JUST like her at one time....beating around the bush without giving any answer at all).

As you know, I was equating using scriptures here as throwing pearls before swine.

That should also answer RescueMe.

Yes young lady........just use insults, because you ARE NOT ABLE to give a reasonable answer.

God, am I glad I'm out........and in good standing by the way!

HappyDad

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    HappyDad: I was JUST like her at one time....beating around the bush without giving any answer at all.

Always remembering that will keep you sympathetic. Think how many elders, ministerial servants, overseers of all varieties, and pioneers have to do the same thing, all because their being adequately qualified issues from New York City instead of from God. They are workmen with plenty to be ashamed of because they cannot handle the word of the truth aright. (1 Timothy 2:14-2:19)

I am sure most of us have either lied or skirted a lie to get some question from a Bible student off the table. The odd thing is, afin presumes the position of elders when she judges me, she launched forth a lie to say that I am obviously out of the org as an apostate, showed her false tongue in the same act, she bore false witness, saying that I am judged adversely by my congregation. Her feet hurried to judge me. But in her mind, Proverbs 6:16-19 probably applies to me!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hmmm........It seems as if AFIN has shown her "Truth colors" (apologies to Cindy Lauper and Phil Collins) and has remained silent on answering the questions that are the very core of her belief system.

I imagine when faced at the doors with the same questions---that she would excuse herself and bring a elder back with her the next visit.

Whatever the case, she has failed the opportunity to give a fine "Witness" to many JWs who are lurking here and would have "benefitted" from her knowledge, but we see that is not going to happen.

She enjoys expounding advice to ones like Filip, but has no REAL answers for those of us that ask for explanations of scriptures she abides by and the teachings she adheres to ala the WTS.

But then, *I* came onto a board to defend MY WTS beliefs and these teachings sunk like a rock thrown off a cliff, so I know how she feels.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit