a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Big Tex ... I appreciate your candor. I also very much deplore any abuse you suffered as a child. You mention that a child needs two witnesses before going to the police. In Watching The World of the December 8th Awake there is an article entitled Child Abuse In Mexico.

Without quoting the whole piece I'll post a few things said "(1) Believe and support your child when he or she reports being sexually abused. (2) Explain to the child that he or she is not responsible for what happened. (3) INFORM THE CHILD THAT WHAT HAPPENED IS AGAINST THE LAW AND THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO REPORT IT TO THE POLICE SO THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN."

Can you explain the diferences in your post and this? I would not care what religion I was ... if my child was assaulted ... the police would soon know.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Getbusyliving ... I have to take responsibility. You do too. My question is ... what if YOU are wrong? You all know there is that possibility. You are responsible for your actions too.

First of all, your license to ask questions has been removed - if you won't answer questions, you have no right to ask them IMHO.

Secondly, there is just as much of a chance of the JW's being wrong as there is of any other religion being wrong. The sadly ironic thing is ... if you continue on as a JW, God will more likely than not have mercy on you for your ignorance in following the WTS ... whereas the WTS extends no mercy to the people whose lives its doctrines (doctrines of men it would seem to me, I might add) have a strangle hold on.

The WTS should really meditate on this scripture - God made himself crystal clear.

But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written: "?As I live,? says Jehovah, ?to me every knee will bend down, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.?" So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God. (Romans 14:10-12)

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    I have been thinking a lot about ?friend in need? and her refusal to quote scriptures and her apparent reason; that we do not have respect for scripture here on this forum. She quoted scripture to one person because he said he was a witness, so I guess in her twisted view of JW doctrine it was okay to talk to him; he hadn?t crossed the line into ?apostasy? when we all know that the society clearly warns their members that they are not to come to sites like this.

An afterthought for AFIN ... I am not a JW, but I am not an "apostate" (that label really gets under my skin though). I am studying with the JWs as I said before (read my other threads if you must). There is no viable reason for you not to answer OS's questions for me, as they are questions I have as well (as you would see if you read my other threads). I have a right to have my questions answered. And it would serve the JWs well to answer them to my satisfaction.

Everyone ... don't they get that this kind of cr@p is exactly what sends studies like me running for the hills??

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    The difference is, while I was alive, I will have lived (no, that doesn't mean Bacchanalia, although that can be fun). If I am right, I will live again.

I like that statement a lot, OS, and I say it frequently. There is a big difference between being alive, and truly living.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

RS ... you cerainly do have rights ... all kinds of them. So do I.

Ask all the questions you want ... my right is to answer or not ... goes both ways.

If the questions are bothering so profusely, don't wait till your next study date ... call the person now and ask your little heart out.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    RS ... you cerainly do have rights ... all kinds of them. So do I.

Ask all the questions you want ... my right is to answer or not ... goes both ways.

If the questions are bothering so profusely, don't wait till your next study date ... call the person now and ask your little heart out.

I have asked those questions of her already, sweetie. She has been just an unable to answer them as you are, imagine that! However, to her credit, at least she gave it a shot. As did her husband the PO. As did my MIL. As did my husband. I respect their efforts, but still my questions remain unanswered.

So, why don't you give it a try? Afterall, I have been told countless times that it is the responsibility and obligation of each and every JW to instruct such ones as myself.

Thank you, drive thru!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "(1) Believe and support your child when he or she reports being sexually abused. (2) Explain to the child that he or she is not responsible for what happened. (3) INFORM THE CHILD THAT WHAT HAPPENED IS AGAINST THE LAW AND THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO REPORT IT TO THE POLICE SO THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN."

Can you explain the diferences in your post and this?

Well, I lived it. My avatar is myself at just under the age of 2. I was sexually abused from infancy until I was 5. When I was an adult, I finally found the courage to confront my parents (my father is still a Witness, and I think he's still a ministerial servant). Originally they did not deny what I said, and didn't until it was pointed out to them by the elders that they could be disfellowshipped unless they denied what I said. Naturally there soon followed a flood of denials.

This was when I discovered the two witness rule. Now with me being so little when the abuse happened, quite frankly most of my memories are fragmented and disjointed. So I talked to my worldly relatives and was shocked at some of the stories they told me. My paternal grandmother (dad's mother) and an aunt told me they were more than willing to tell my elders what they knew.

This was when I found out that the rule, after a quick call to Brooklyn, had been modified a bit. Now I needed 2 EYEwitnesses. Believe it or not, my grandmother did in fact witness something. This was when I found out that anything she said (exact quote): "didn't count" because she was worldy and (quote from an elder) "We all know how the world is full of lies." Another elder told me a child can hurt a parent more than a parent hurt a child. Guess he's never been raped before.

But still I pushed on, too dumb and too stubborn to know when to quit (or to know when I'd been told to quit). Until the day came when the circuit overseer paid a visit to my house and told me to "Shut up right now or else I will see to it personally you are disfellowshipped." When I asked on what charge, he informed me I was a troublemaker and he would be doing Jehovah's organization a service by getting rid of me.

And so I left. Never was DF'd or DA'd, just left.

How do I reconcile this with what the Society printed? The same way I would my family. In public they said all the right things, did all the right things; they smiled, were friendly and gave every appearance they could that we were a good family. But when the door closed and it was just us ... well it was bad. Very bad.

The Bible is full of examples of two-faced hypocrites, people living double lives saying one thing and doing another. That Jehovah's Witnesses are guilty of this should come as no surprise. People are the same now as they were 4,000 years ago. "There is nothing new under the sun."

Again, by their actions Jehovah's Witnesses put a lie to the above statement. If you don't believe me, I understand. But your disbelief doesn't chane the reality of tens of thousands of children being abused in this organization.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Oh crap! Well, if you've already done it then there is no reason to go through with my little suggestion, eh?

Why don't you play our action reporter, on the scene, at the scene for us?

(Ethel! You shameless hussy! You get your clothes on! The Streak, Ray Stevens)

Just kidding, don't do anything that you think would jeapordize your friendships until and unless you are ready to. Remember what happened to Holly?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Big Tex ... I have no reason not to believe you. But what I quoted is the stance of the society.

I doubt very much that tens of thousands of children are being abused in the society. Just taking a cross section of the general population will tell you otherwise. You have your reasons for believing what you do and I wouldn't take it away from you. I can only imagine the hurt.

You said something to the effect that a God you love would not allow this to happen ... not your words. However; don't you think it's presumptuous of you to decide what is right in God's eyes?

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

By the way AFIN ... I would love to have your contact information. I would like to give said information to the elder body in our KH so that when I have to tell them that you played a crucial role in my sudden problem with being able to accept the truth, they can contact you directly for an explanation. I'm sure that won't be a problem, since you are here at this forum with the blessing of the GB.

RS (of the I've had it up to here and My time is precious stop wasting it with your mindless drivel classes)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit