a friend in need

by OldSoul 604 Replies latest members private

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    This confuses me greatly. I apologise if I am out of line or have stepped on any toes.

You are not out of line in the least and the reaction of "a friend in need" should confuse any honest-hearted person who seeks truth from the Bible free from the interpretation of men. You may have stepped on "a friend's" toes, but you haven't stepped on mine. Welcome from the shadows, step out into the light. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

I'm sorry, I again apolgise.

• kls
    kls

Rescueme said; greatly. I apologise if I am out of line or have stepped on any toes.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

LOL, kls I think including the "greatly" confused rescueme

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Respectfully ... OldSoul ... If it is no concern of mine ... why did you mention it ... even went back and corrected it.

As you know, I was equating using scriptures here as throwing pearls before swine.

That should also answer RescueMe.

• kls
    kls

Oldsoul,damn i think it did . Leave it to me to screw things up

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

kls, I sent a welcoming PM.

• AlanF
    AlanF

This exchange is interesting, Old Soul. Interesting in that it illustrates how a JW will dance and sidestep every which way to avoid getting into a discussion where she might be forced to admit to having no answers. I've seen this time and again, both online and in person.

You correctly point out that no one in the JW organization has the answers to your questions -- not "a friend in need", not any elders, and most importantly, not the Society. They all know this, and so to avoid the mental breakdown that would occur if they admitted that such an important doctrine has no real scriptural basis, they refuse to answer. It's an Orwellian-style defense mechanism.

AlanF

• kls
    kls

Thanks Oldsoul : (

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    As you know, I was equating using scriptures here as throwing pearls before swine.

So you have labeled me and judged me more harshly than my congregation did. You label me a filthy, disgusting animal that was disgusting in Jehovah's eyes at the time Jesus drew that parallel. Is that what passes for genuine respect in your congregation these days?

As should be clear to you by now, I have no grievance with Scripture. Do you consider me swine? Any more so than the people at the door in the field ministry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit