• upside/down
    upside/down

Man I forgot about the Jerky Boyz- what a hoot! LMAO

u/d (mmmmmmm.... jerky....)

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Man I forgot about the Jerky Boyz- what a hoot! LMAO

u/d (mmmmmmm.... jerky....)

"Pablo, Pablo honey, come to Florida. We miss you. Pablo, are you washing your ass?" my favorites have gotta be when Sol talks about his bodily functions--"I got warts all in my ass. They're silly-lookin'. Do you go in and like, burn them with a laser?" laters kaykay_mp

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Mulan....I saw De-Lovely recently too. Very moving movie.

I love many kinds of music. For much of my life, I've loved synthpop, rock, with my favorite bands being Depeche Mode, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Smiths, Ultravox, Gary Numan, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Dubstar, the Cardigans, and so forth. I also love '60s rock with my favorite bands being post-1966 Beatles, the Yardbirds, Jefferson Airplane, Simon and Garfunkel, and Led Zeppelin (they qualify as '70s rock too). I don't like much music from the '70s except for Zep, Roxy Music, Ultravox, and grooovy disco.

More recently, I've been very much taken with contemporary Canadian rock scene. I mostly listen to Metric, Broken Social Scene, Tegan and Sara, Hayden, Feist, P: Ano, and Buck 65. My current avatar is Emily Haines from Metric and Broken Social Scene.

I do listen to lots of other current music getting airplay, Linkin Park, Queens of the Stone Age, A Perfect Circle, etc.

• upside/down
    upside/down

This is Karpal- you kicked my dog (strong Indian accent).

This is Sol- Okay I''ll go to the emergency room with my "nub".(After blowing up hand with firecracker)

Funny stuff,

u/d

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I feel like I'm hijacking this thread, u/p, so I'll start a new post on the Jerky Boys. God there fkkin' hilarious.

laters

kaykay_mp

• upside/down
    upside/down

Got kids now- so I took them to see Blink182 (good) and Green Day (awesome)!

Elders called me to the backroom and asked if there was profanity at the Blink concert (how did they know I went?), Anaheim 2001, right after 9/11. I said "no", there was however a HUGE fire display over the stage that said FUCK!

Took myself to go see Norah Jones at Red Rocks (was nice).

I miss the good old days of huge ass concerts - Journey, The Boss, Bryan Adams, Billy Squier, Styx, Def Leppard, Poison , Crue, Social D, TSOL, GnR... growing up in SoCal had it's advantages.

Those were some GOOD TIMES!! (before terrorism was a care)

u/d I miss 'em.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I saw Metallica and Godsmack this summer in Milwaukee. I now am the proud owner of a Godsmack tatoo on my back. That is my favorite band next to Alice in Chains.

• Preston
    Preston
    And I have to be the only Black person that listens to Weird Al Yankovic, and the Jerky Boys.

You're possibly the only black person who listens to Joy Division kay I like your style, I think we could of been good friends in high school if we knew each other...

I worship THE CLASH, just got their reissue of SANDINISTA! a few weeks ago and it has not left the cd cartridge of my Ford F150. I'm also a huge fan of Joy Division, New Order, Suede, Portishead, Concrete Blonde, The Ramones, Fugazi, Happy Mondays, David Bowie, Duruti Column, Primal Scream, Flogging Molly, Massive Attack and Oasis.

I also highly respect the musical talents of Phil Spector, particularly his work with The Crystals and The Ronettes...

- Preston

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Dead Milkmen!!! or Reggae...that's what I listen to when I want to get out of a mood.

The Cure...that's what I listen to when I want to get INTO a mood...a sad one.

NSYNC, BSB, Britney, Jessica Simpson, I am a pop-whore teeny bopper!

But then, I'll listen to Coltrane, Miles Davis....or some other Jazz that is NOT Kenny G...I can't stand what they classify as "light" jazz (they throw Phil Collins into that genre sometimes...huh?)

Then I'll go to sleep with John Mayer or Coldplay, or Dave Matthews, maybe Norah Jones...

I guess I like almost everything, really. Even Eminem sometimes.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    What do you like to listen to?

too many artists and songs to count, but here's what's in my car @ the moment:

Opeth - In My Time of Need
    Metallica - The Unforgiven. Enter Sandman. No Leaf Clover. Sad But True. King Nothing
    Weezer - Island In The Sun
    U2 - The Joshua Tree, War and Achtung Baby cd's
    Incubus - Drive
    Tool - Schism
    Orgy - Fiction (Dreams in Digital)
    some Nirvana, Smokey Robinson and Tears for Fears stuff

this song makes me think of the Jehovah's Witnesses...

Schism I know the pieces fit
    'Cause I watched them fall away
    Mildewed and smoldering
    Fundamental differing
    Pure intention juxtaposed
    Will set two souls in motion
    Disintegrating as it goes
    Testing our communication
    The light that feuled our fire then
    Has a burned a hole between us so
    We cannot see to reach an end
    Crippling our communication