What kind of music do you listen to?

by Dustin 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

I am in too R&B, yep, "send me to sleep" kinda music for many.

These records I have played over and over

Fantasia Barrino - Truth is & this is me offa her album(She won USA pop idol right?) those 2 songs, imo, are fantastic.

Jaheim - Ghetto love album - seldom hear such good vocals these days.

Kieth Washington - You make it easy ablum. from de 90s.

Joss Stone - I had a dream

and naturally being stuck in a time warp I still play Chic, Change/Luther & Anita Baker, life wouldnt be the same without Anita Baker though.

and coming offa the R&B addiction, Tracy Chapman collection has been played often.

and maaaany more, available at your local record stores now.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I listen to it all, grew up listening to classical (mom) to hard country (dad) as well as Rod Stewart, Queen, and all the stuff on the radio now. My daughter gets a kick out of me liking the same stuff she listens to! Except Rap...just can't get into that. My father, however, listens to NWA, Snoop, etc as loud as he can on his stereo while driving. Yes, that bass thumping as you drive by could be my father. He's the coolest Grandpa around! (and still has Charley Pride tapes as well)

SK

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Stefanie I didn't get that Jay Z/Linkin Park CD yet. Is it worth buying?

YUP!

Especially if you like rap and rock.. I like Kanye West too! All Falls Down was on my cd player for the longest time, and when he did the duo with Brandy! Massive!

I forgot to add Coheed and Cambria (SP) . AFI, and Three Days Grace.

• upside/down
    upside/down

yeah it seems all great artists turn into assholes, then self-destruct.

Seems to be the nature of the beast- and the theme of almost every VH1, "Where are they now?"

That's the beauty of art (&music), IT stays even if the artist doesn't!

u/d Rock On!

• kls
    kls

KLS! Stop pooping on me! ,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,thanks for the laugh sis.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I love that 3 Days Grace CD. It's awesome. There's this local band called "Planet of 9" and I just picked up their CD. Absolutely rules! I can't believe they are from Central Wisconsin.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

((((KLS))) MUAH

When you mention GnR, all I have to say is Axle was everything a lead singer is supposed to be and not supposed to be all wrapped into one. He is awesome.

Ok dont laugh................ on second thought go ahead......... I used to have a crush on him in Jr high!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

For all those lovers of rawk out there, has anyone heard the At The Drive-In's spinnoff band Sparta? Definitely worth a listen.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Love easy listening soft rock. Romantic type music.

DY

• Dustin
    Dustin

Stefanie, thanks for the cool picture of Axle. It's gonna be my new wallpaper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit