What kind of music do you listen to?

by Dustin 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

My favorite Mix CD has Karl Orf, Nelly, Guns 'n' Roses, The Go-Gos, Warren Zevon, Talking Heads, Paul Van Dyk, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, 50 Cent, Collective Soul, REM, Beethoven, Garbage, George Clinton and Howard Jones.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Maxwell, .. GrandMaster Flash, ... D'Angelo

Darn good taste...I still play maxwells urban suite/embryo cds. D'angelo-brown sugar- you're my lady...now I just got to go and dig out my grandmasterflash and the furious 5 tunes.

Brummie

• upside/down
    upside/down

Doesn't anyone here like Bobby Sherman, The Bay City Rollers or The Knack.

I'm kidding!!!!

u/ d (saw Boston 3 times- truly bitchin)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I'm kidding!!!!

Too darn right you are! lol

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Badger....Hey you rock, I love Carl Orff. Whenever the melody of O Fortuna comes on TV, I always sing along....hac in hora, sine mora, cordem pulsem tangite, quod per sortem, sternit fortem, mecum omnes plangite!!! I also love lots of the other songs..."Circa Mea Pectora," "Ego Sum Abbas," the one about how spring makes you frisky, the one about being horny with first love, and the one about the swan that gets cooked. Those are fun songs....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Right now I'm listening to Mozart,,I find him inspirational. I practice Blue Grass on my electric aquoustic guitar. I'm not a blugrass player but feel the use of blugrass runs and arpagio's fit with what I am doing musically. I don't listen to enough blue grass to be a good player maybe 10% of my music listening. I'm trying to do my music without to many boundaries,, ego transcendance in music is part of my goal which means not caring if others find your music to their liking. While it would be nice to make a profit from it to make music that requires a shut down of ego requires all egoistic goals be subordinated love of music period.

I have read of many musicians that have had out of the body experiences when giving what have been concider their best performance. I think a good musician has to be able to block out his listeners and just let his mind go to his fingers.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I miss the good old days of huge ass concerts - Journey, The Boss, Bryan Adams, Billy Squier, Styx, Def Leppard, Poison , Crue, Social D, TSOL, GnR... growing up in SoCal had it's advantages.

I really love music in general, all of it, but I have to say, the 80's revival we're seeing is great. Def Leppards early stuff in particular rocked and Bryan Adams is just classic.

Preston, how far back have you heard Concrete Blonde's stuff? Their early, early days were that really garage punk sound (at least I thought). Saw Flogging Molly, wow, they're so much fun.

I loved The Church, Outfield, Honeymoon Suite, Joan Jett, Lita Ford aargh, I could go on.

Good guitar is essential.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sarah Mc Glaucklin ( uncertain as to spelling last name)

McLaughlin I'm pretty sure.

Saw that yer in Michigan, yeah, pretty sure weed is out. At least at the venues I know of. But hey, methinks a couple of joints are easier to sneak in then a couple beers.

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn
    Preston, how far back have you heard Concrete Blonde's stuff? Their early, early days were that really garage punk sound (at least I thought). Saw Flogging Molly, wow, they're so much fun.

wow...early concrete blonde...back when i.r.s. was THE label...well, that and beggers banquet....

i'm seeing flogging molly at the end of the month in santa barbara...my best friend and i used to sell cds for them when they were the house band at a little pub in hollywood called molly malones...they are sooo great live!!

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

do any of you canadiens like the band?thats what music should be!Also,any ronnie james dio deserves a shout out,along with dokken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit