What kind of music do you listen to?

by Dustin 108 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Dokken is sweeet. THeir guitarist was (is) incredibly talented.

IRS, yeah, they were the IT label. Wow, I can't believe someone else recognized that. How cool. Flogging Molly just is so outrageously FUN.

Concrete Blonde did a remake of Beware of Darkness (george harrison) that was just too beautiful.

One guitarist that NEVER got the fame he deserved was the guy from Europe.

Has anyone ever heard of Seduce?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When is early Concrete Blonde? I got turned on to them in 1990 or so...and I loved the raw sound.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

The one Concrete Blonde cd is self titled and is dated 1986. If I'm not mistaken I went to the store and found... I think it was a greatest hits cd and it had some of their early stuff. Songs like "still in Hollywood" "dance along the edge" and "true" might be on there. Really cool stuff. I heard Joey off of Bloodletting first and then went backwards. In fact, my cd got scratched and I tried to replace it.... I can't find it and I tried ordering it and no luck.

Another great band is Saigon Kick. I've been into them for quite a while.

• Preston
    Preston
    Preston, how far back have you heard Concrete Blonde's stuff? Their early, early days were that really garage punk sound (at least I thought). Saw Flogging Molly, wow, they're so much fun.

Hey Blackswan and Harley,

I own every single CB album so I've been listening to them since....forever. They're first two albums were pretty garage-rock but they really smoothed out with Free and Bloodletting. I've always loved Johnette Napolitano's vocals and haunting lyrics, she's flat out, the best, most underrated singer of my time. As for Flogging Molly, I saw them in '03, and yes, they were lots of fun. They played on time, and performed a few numbers from some spaghetti westerns (I was going to applaud but I was the only person methinks who knew). Anyway....lots of fun.

- Preston

• Valis
    Valis

all kinds, except I don't like most country music or that new age stuff. If i wanna hear the ocean I'll hear to the beach please and thank you. *LOL8 Here's some of my faves..

Ween
    Sublime
    Long Beach Dub All Stars
    Cake
    Cowboy Junkies
    David Gray
    Outkast
    Crash Worship
    Radiohead
    Third Eye Blind

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

"Dokken is sweeet. THeir guitarist was (is) incredibly talented." George Lynch. After leaving he started his own band The Lynch Mob. Talk about vain. The guy is soooo full of himself. I went to see him play locally a while again. He took a TWO Hour sound check, and played for an audience of 40 people.

• City Fan
    City Fan

At the moment my fave CDs are:

Franz Ferdinand

Keane

Green Day

Kasabian

(I also sometimes listen to my wife's 'Girl's Aloud' CD, but don't tell her!!!)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Preston, do you own the self titled 1986 cb cd??? If you do I will love you for eternity if I can get a copy. I miss that cd so much. I tried ordering it and no luck. I loved their Everybody Knows song they did for that movie... (don't remember the name) That single (ghost of a texas ladies man) had a bitchin' version of bloodletting. That song is so Interview with a Vampire, the whole New Orleans feel, very cool. You're right they definitely smoothed out by the time they came out with free. I just finally picked up Mexican Moon about a year ago. Johnette has a voice that completely blows so many other female singers out of the water. I have never seen them in concert. That is one of my life goals (sad huh?) Pm me and let me know k?

Thanks for the info on George Lynch. Seems like I did see that on a "we love the 80's" mtv thing. Arrogant sure, but hey, he's a "shtar" honestly I do think he's pretty talented.

Funny how now it's "cool" to be punk or goth. They have corporate stores geared towards that crowd. Interesting.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I just started a new band. We're calling ourselves Middle Finger Mayhem (MFM). I found a bitchin guitar player, and I can sing/scream pretty damn good. We,re gonna do a bunch of originals, and some good cover tunes. We do an awesome version of the Stones "Paint it Black". When we get a show together I'll post it on here, so anybody who can come and check it out is more than welcome.

Dustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit