What kind of music do you listen to?

by Dustin 108 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

And to think we're all gonnna miss out on listening to Kingdom Melodies for eternity in paradise.

I actually had an elder tell me that there wouldn't be any "blues" music in paradise because it's depressing music (and came from pain) and we will all be eternally HAPPY. More BS from the "middle management" as I like to call them (elders).

And remember too there was "counsel" that we couldn't change the Kingdom Melodies, if we had a band, like making them more "upbeat".- heaven forbid.

I think King David would have played lead guitar in a rock band if he lived today- he certainly had the lifestyle of a "rocker".

u/d

• Dustin
    Dustin

I'd do lead vocals for King David if he was the lead guitar player. We'd call ourselves "Screw Jehovah". I'd try and be a bad influence on him. Make him turn apostate. That would be awesome.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

Dustin, I was a week-end radio DJ for over three years. Personally, I liked soft music. Mind you, I played other types of music, it dependent on the spirit that night.

Guest77

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I like all the obsure stuff that they don't play on the radio, like most of the punk music (Sex Pistols, NOFX, Joy Division). I am a big New Order fan. I had almost all their CD's, but they got stolen when I was stationed at Ft. Benning, GA.

I do listen to R&B and Rap sometimes, but the thing is that practically the whole album gets played on the radio, so there is no need to buy the CD. And another reason is that its not what it used to be like back in the 80's (old school), so I'm really somewhat turned off by today's R&B and Rap/Hip-Hop.

And I have to be the only Black person that listens to Weird Al Yankovic, and the Jerky Boys. They are hilarious.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Dustin
    Dustin

I agree as a DJ you gotta play what the crowd wants. The party must never die!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I actually had an elder tell me that there wouldn't be any "blues" music in paradise because it's depressing music (and came from pain) and we will all be eternally HAPPY. More BS from the "middle management" as I like to call them (elders).

That elder is so full of shite.

Not all blues music is depressing. I'm from southwestern TN and a lot of it gets played on the radio stations in my native area on the weekends. Some of it is about pain, that's true, but also about partying your ass off, or loving someone very much, etc.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Like Evesapple said, I like to listen to different kinds of music depending on my mood. My tastes or lack thereof are unbounded:

Rockin mood: Def Leppard, Warrant, some tracks from The Cult, some Van Halen (The Red Rocket's vocals were better than Roth's), a bit of Creed,and some current rock bands I hear on the radio but don't know by name

Serene mood: Enya, alot of classical music like stuff from Corelli and Vivaldi

Pious moments: Johanne Sebastian Bach and Hendel (very rarely in this mood though)

Just chillin sorta mood (even at say parties): hip-hop or RB in the "background"

(Now I can't get this one song outta my head: I got your man and there's nothin you can do about it....You may think that he will come back to you but, I doubt it

• prophecor
    prophecor

Pink Floyd, Puddle of Mudd, The Police, Sting, Alice in Chains, Lynyrd Skynrd, Yes, The Rolling Stones, Huey Lewis and the News, Phil Collins, Van Halen, Quiet Riot, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Staind,..........

SWV, Earth Wind & Fire, The Brothers Johnson, Atlantic Starr, Quincy Jones, Anita Baker, Phyllis Hyman, Luther Vandross, Chris Botti ( a man with a very big horn ) Tina Turner, Angela Bofill, Whitney Houston, Prince, Micheal Jackson.........2BContinued

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I like all kinds of music, with the exception of some jazz

I dislike instrumental jazz..............too repetitive and irritating to my nerves..............I really can't stand Kenny G for that reason.

I used to say I hated all jazz until it was pointed out to me that Norah Jones sings jazz, and I love her. Some jazz singers are really good, including Ella Fitzgerald until she starts scatting. I really hate that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit