"I noticed you are on a JW site, DID YOU KNOW I AM A JW?????"

by Jez 120 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy
    Jez - that was awesome - way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Now send your time into Bethel...

• gotout
    gotout

Ask him who he voted for in the last election. WT Nov. 15 1999 "questions from the readers".

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Way to go Jez!

FM, you don't have to look very hard to find the hypocrasy in the WBTS.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Sunspot, please understand, I'm not defending what the WTS is or what it has done. The WT is a deceitful and controlling organization. It was this realization more than anything else that started my questions and research. I certainly don't think they are the one true religion, still, they do have some things right. There was a time when I was misled by the WTS but never again. I've always said there are two sides to every coin and one should not be afraid to examine both sides. I've also said that "truth" is not afraid of examination and instinctively knew that the reason the WT warned against reading so called apostate literature and staying away from web sites like this one is that they had things they were hiding.

LittleToe, yes I believe that those who go to heaven will be immortal spirit creatures. Jesus is now immortal but that was not always the case since the Bible speaks of him as being the first to put on immortality. There is something special about immortality and those who receive it (God's absolute trust in those individuals maybe (?)) Satan, his demons and even the angels do not enjoy immortality. Of course the angels will live eternally as long as they do not follow Satan's example. Adam and Eve were not immortal and had eternal life taken from them for their disobedience to God just as have Satan and the fallen angels.

FM

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Jez - Nice work. I hope your friend does some thinking.

gdt - Nice to see you here! I appreciated your post. I agree that it's always important to be truthful, rather than hoping the end justifies a little stretching of the truth.

SNG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FM:
    Please excuse me, but I'm going to be a little pedantic about words

How do you define:

• Immortality
    • Eternal live
    • Everlasting life

I ask because the definition of "eternal" and "eternity" that I would use doesn't involve an end. Hence if someone had "eternal life" then it couldn't be taken away from them.
    The WTS is usually quite careful to point out that humans of flesh only have "everlasting life" (which lasts forever, but can be ended).

Further, can you point me to scriptures that say that angels can die?
    The only inference I can glean is the lake of fire, the second death, where they are tormented forever and ever. That would then need a WTS interpretation, whereas that's by no means certain; And that's without drawing on Leo's contextual evidence for a quite different contemporary belief as to what it would have meant.

Incidentally, my understanding of the mortal/immortality pasages of scripture is that it relates to the body, not the soul. What verse are you quoting, please?

• Jez
    Jez

Anuva: Hi! As we were walking back to class, he said, "We are not a cult, cults are started by one person" I said, "but didn't someone like Rutherford or Russell start your religion" He said, "They are dead now. We don't follow them" I said, "BUT they DID start your religion! One man started it! Don't you see that that kind of info is not discussed in your religion because the roots of your religion DO suggest 'cult'?" He was stumped.

FM: I am against JW only because I have been so mortified by how I have been treated by them. I am not against other religions because JW are all I have EVER known. I am currently attending a small church, once in a while, for my daughter, other than that, I have no need for church. BUT if I KNEW that ANY church went out of their way to hurt people, lie, decieve and twist scripture to the detriment of ppl then YES I would be against them. If you want to know why I am so hurt by JW, go read my story on freeminds.org It is under the women's section "Pretending". Thank you for sharing your ideas.

AND yes! This too reminded me that ppl do look at our screens when they walk past, and I knew that he was coming, and he was very quick and sly about checking out what I was doing because I had no clue that he noticed the site. Bold of him to say so too, I thought. This was a dream come true for me, to talk to a JW again like this without the title of 'disfellowshipped' looming over the conversation.It was great!!!! I pray for the opportunity again, I see him again next week, maybe he will say something????

Hugs to all Jez

• needinfo
    needinfo

Well I hope for his sake it does open his mind. Iam a jw and im sick to my stomach with everything i have been finding out. JWS pride themselves in all actualality of being the perfect religion.

THANKS for opening my eyes

• anuva
    anuva

hello jez....

i know that feeling of happiness as you said about when you talked to that JW....

i wanted to share a point , hope you will share with him whenever..

"they say russell and rutherford are ded now, they do not follow them now!!!"..will they also do away with 1914 and and among many others 1935 heaven closed date and of course 587v607 BC for jerusalem destruction by same 1 MEN

i also want to share with you a thought about many who claim that you are against JWs..i wish to say that it is not JW you are against , you are basically truely discovering and sharing it with the world that there is nothing different about JW and ANY other religion ...,just one more name ...

love

anuva

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

needinfo: Welcome to the board! Going through the awakening process is tough, no doubt about it. I know how you feel when you say you are sick to your stomach. Hang in there, the best is yet ahead.

Warm regards,
    SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit