"I noticed you are on a JW site, DID YOU KNOW I AM A JW?????"

by Jez 120 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I guess we musta missed the post where you said you were female...
    You can indicate your gender in your "Profile", which tends to reduce such faux pas'

• under74
    under74

yeah, I know...I think I kinda like the guessing game though...It's kind of interesting what people will assume of you with out knowing the details.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**You are trying to tear someone down. Is that what your intent is? Everyone will reap what they sow........it is written.**

BB,
    Would you call exposing snake oil salesmen and frauds "tearing someone down"? The word is full of'em and deceit is everywhere.

We have come to realize that there IS massive deceit and there ARE fraudulent practices throughout the WTS empire, no question about it.

**I am a witness of Jehovah. It is not in my heart to speak untruths.**

So was I for 30 years, but the "untruths" that I spoke at that time were only because I was parroting the Watchtower-speak I had so well learned. When I began to poke through the facade of Watchtowerland, I came to learn of a God that doesn't burden his people with heavy demands 24/7.

Now I don't think of my fellow man as a JW or a nonJW, and how I should treat him. My world has opened up to find MANY self-sacrificing and warm, wonderful people that I never would have had the chance to meet had I remained in my JW "box".

I've opened my mind (and heart) to allow the Christ to come in. It's amazing how the scriptures say so much more when viewing them from a non-judgemental point of view. It's dangerous to claim that ONE very faulty religion can dupe its believers into thinking that THEY alone have THE truth, and yet deny Jesus at every turn.

Yes, there ARE many deceivers in the world, and the Watchtower,s teachings have been weighed and found sorely lacking.

Annie

• FairMind
    FairMind

LittleToe:

My definitions are as follows:

· Immortality – Having life within ones self without need for outside sustenance such as food or water. This condition would also mean that no outside force, entity (other than almighty God) could end your conscience existence. I also think that since God grants this condition to certain ones it means he knows without a doubt that he would never have need of ending that individual’s existence.

· Eternal life/Everlasting Life – To me these are one and the same. One will never die as long as they meet God’s requirements. Life is eternal or everlasting under the conditions God has set. Adam and Ever had this type of life but forfeited it by willful disobedience of God. Satan and the fallen angels have also forfeited the right to this type of life and will be destroyed permanently in the lake of fire (second death). As you mentioned, the lake of fire definition is one supported by the WT (as well as others). I guess you could say that since the book of Revelation is one of symbolisms there is wiggle room here as well. I could be wrong but the WT definition for this particular understanding is one with which agree.

· The Hebrew word for soul is nephesh and literally means breather. In the Old Testament it is used in conjunction with both man and other living creatures. Can a soul die? Ezekiel 18:4 says it can.

· Now here’s a question for you. If one’s soul is immortal then how can Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 be true? These two scriptures say, “For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten” and "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.”

I don’t believe that any organization or individual can lay claim to a perfect understanding or interpretation of God’s word. Fortunately (not a JW word) I think it’s what is in our hearts that God is most concerned with and our acceptance of his means of salvation (Jesus Christ, not a religious organization). If I’m wrong and wind up in heaven instead of on a paradise earth then I’m sure I’ll be happy. Enough said for now.

FM

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good job Jez.

• Jez
    Jez

Yum, Brownboy, you came into chat last week under a different name. We had you guessed as the ol brownboy in about 2 seconds,so I guess you gave up and went back to your old name.

YOU PROMISED you would never return here!! Why do you always come back?

AND notice the subject of this thread, go start your own, "Brownboys back and he's gonna get y'all in trouble...hay now hay now....Brownboys back!"

Thanks to all. Jez

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

BB,

I have tried my best to be understanding and even kind to you in the past. But, now you are contradicting yourself and your own actions.

Even tho' it's NOT my turn to answer, because, YOU haven't answered mine, I will. I feel closer to God than I ever have in my life.

Have you confessed your "prophetic works" to the Elders ?

Have you told them you are a 'regular' on X-JW sites ?

If not, you're conscience must be just killing you right now. Do the right thing...TELL the Elders not us!

• toreador
    toreador

SwordofJah:
    Sounds like you have an imaginary jw friend. There is no way a JW will answer like you described.
    Sounds like you are an imaginary JW. There is no way a JW in good standard would post on this board like you do.
    Now thats a keeper Narkissos!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{{ Jez }}}} I know how rough you've had it. It must feel really good to be able to defend yourself. And, just maybe, plant a seed or two of dissent. I'm proud of you!

Hugs and love

Brenda

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I'm still in shock that a witness was at a University. Good job Jez.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit