"I noticed you are on a JW site, DID YOU KNOW I AM A JW?????"

by Jez 120 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

FairMind: I felt the same way you do, when we were first learning what the WTS really is. But..............the more you learn, the less you believe what you said, about their beliefs being close to the truth. You really have to step back and look at them objectively to see what they are. I was a JW from age 4 to age 50. My husband was a very prominent elder for 25 years. Being an elder, and seeing so many inconsistencies and the control they wield, that had no Biblical basis, are things that made him step back and look closer.

Jez: GREAT JOB! I would love to have been nearby listening.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

fairmind: the wt has been teaching since the 1880's that the dead of the 144000 . spritual bodies went to heaven in either 1878,1881 etc. or the current teaching that thier spritual bodies(souls) went to heaven in 1918. and when a so called annointed jw dies he goes to heaven. so in fact the wt does believe in a eternal soul or spritual body that were sent to heaven before the return of jesus. in fact i love to argue with a jw on this ,because they will say russell, rutherfruad etc are now in heaven. but their body is still buried on earth. john

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Good work Jez.

I think an important thing to remember is... it's much easier to talk to a JW - when they are alone.

Isn't that why they go in 'pairs' (or more) door-to-door? When one is taking a 'hit' - the other is thinking of another bit of 'circular logic' to hit the person with.

But - by getting this fella alone - you are able to set him off balance - so to speak.

Plus... it sounds like he is a 'fringe' JW... especially if he is in college.

Regards,

Jim TX

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Fair Mind, as long as you have YOUR OWN beliefs and establish YOUR OWN relation with God then I have no problem.

If you DEFEND those that require that THEIR beliefs be followed, such as the wbts I have a problem with you.

Wish you the best.

Outofthe ORG

• FairMind
    FairMind

Johnny cip, I see how one could believe what you stated about the supposed-annointed thinking they have immortal souls. However the WTS' actual teaching is that at the exact instance of physical death, the annointed ones have since 1914(?) been recreated as spirit creatures. They believe that those who died in Christ prior to his speculated return in 1914 simply existed nowhere except in God's memory. Prior to this they beleive they were entirely physical creatures without a seperate immortal soul. When Jesus returned those who were "sleeping" in death were resurrected (recreated) as spirit creatures.

This viewpoint of a resurrection and no immortal soul is what I hold to be correct. As far as it pertains to those that wind up in heaven with Jesus, whether or not the number is 144,000 is to me a mute point and I certainly don't believe the WTS has a lock on heaven.

FM

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***The WTS is not alone in acting and its members acting in unchristian ways. Wouldn't it be fair to say that this can be said about all religions?***

FM,
    The glaring difference here is that the WTS (and its members) claim to be THE only religion on earth to have God's approval and that equates itself as speaking for God. When someone points out that the WTS "is the same as every other religion", then JWs get incensed. When the JWs bring it up (as you just did) it is then admitting its failures right balong with the very religions it condemns. You can't have it both ways.

*** The record of the churches speaks for itself just as does the record of the WTS. Religion (including the WTS) has always been guilty of saying one thing and doing another. ***

The WTS claims to have been inspected by Jesus and found acceptable (according to them) so how can it be THE "truth" and still be guilty of speaking out of both sides of its mouth?

Annie

BTW----Great job, Jez!

• bebu
    bebu
    "JW are world known for being the first ones to aid in any disaster"

I nearly spit my coffee all over the monitor. The RED CROSS is world known, not JWs! He should poll the general population, rather than simply take the WT's statements at face-value. I've never been a JW, and NEVER HEARD of JWs doing ANY relief work. EVER!!

Jez, good for you!! I hope that guy's interest was really piqued. It is great how many people have been empowered by this site (and Freeminds.org) to "share the good scandalous news" about the WT that the JWs so need to hear. May more rise up.

bebu

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FM:

I know there is wiggle room both ways on this question. You choose to wiggle one way I another. May God bless you.

And you
    I quite agree there's "wiggle room" when reading the English translation, as is the case with all scriptural interpretation. I'm not so bigotted as to believe that I have it all right, either (that's why I more often than not use IMHO "InMyHumbleOpinion")
    It doesn't mean that I'll necessarily hold back from healthy debate, though. Sorry if ya felt a little under attack, that was not the intent.

You would accept that the WTS claims the anointed are "immortal" in heaven, though, yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit