"I noticed you are on a JW site, DID YOU KNOW I AM A JW?????"

by Jez 120 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hey Jez, that was brilliant!

When I first started to check the net I had to use public access computers , and this experience would have been my worst nightmare. Even now, I suspect it may throw me somehat if I wer confronted . May I have your courage and quick thinking - please?.

It goes to show that people do notice what is on our screens in a public terminal.

BTW - S of J, the responses were exactly the same as I have had many times at home in family discussions,

• anuva
    anuva

hi jez..

you really did a great job confronting a JW....it was really nice to hear . :-)

i wish to contribute a question ..if you ever get any JW to face...."what do they think happened to true worshippers and true christians before 1879 , if they existed back then , why don't without WTs NOw ...?

i guess you understand that this guy ...says himself to be "sword of JAH "

a jAH that was born in early 20th century , i guess even founder russell didn't know about JAH .....

and about the Sword....i guess this little thing only moves in 1 directions ...that is to save its own TAIL from truth ....

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

fantastic

Hope it bears fruit

• FairMind
    FairMind

Please go a little easier on SwordofJah. I am (at least in name) a JW. I'm sure that I would be disfellowshipped for apostasy if my viewponts about the WTS were public. Would I care? Yes, but only because of the family problems it would bring into my life.

Except for their high control mentality and coldness toward non-JWs the core doctrine of this religion is closer to what I think the Bible teaches than any other. Jez, are you against only the JW religion or are you opposed to all religion? Have you ever asked a Baptist to explain hows a God of love could condem people to eternal torture in a burning hell? What about the silly notion about an eternal soul? This fabrication certainly flies in the face of Jesus Christ's teaching of a ressurection. Is the Bible a book written by men? Certainly, but I for one believe those men were inspired by God.

Peoples religious beliefs or non-beliefs are their own choices. It's a good thing to expose the hypocrisy of men. Ray Franz, Jim Penton, Diane Wilson, Don Cameron (all authors) and many more have done a wonderful job of this with regard to the WT organization. I am sure that similar works abound exposing the hypocrisy of other religions as well. What ever the "real" truth is, may we all hope to be honest enough to seek it.

FM

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FM:
    May God have mercy on your eternal soul.
    Just because you may not think you have one, doesn't negate the very real possibility that you do...

Do the "anointed" (post 1914) have eternal souls, given that they allegedly shall pass immediately into heaven to live eternally (not just "everlastingly")?
    Do some, then, have eternal souls and some not?
    Where do you find that teaching in the bible???

The WTS core doctrines are as subject to biblical interpretation as those of other religions. Just because YOU hold them dear, doesn't make them any more worthy than those that the Baptist holds dear. There are a multitude of threads on this site that call into question every single last doctrine of the WTS, core and otherwise.

Jez:
    It sounds like you did a fantastic job of presenting your beliefs, in a pressure situation. You should rightly be proud of yourself. Bravo!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow Jez I am impressed. You did just awesome. Maybe you planted some "seeds of truth." Winky 2

Leslie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    ounds like you have an imaginary jw friend. There is no way a JW will answer like you described.

Good god! Sword of Jah LIVES! It is the resurrection finally come! Praise be! glory Be! Is this the millenium? I guess that explains the noise last night, must have been Armageddon. I thought it was the cats getting into the garbage, but it was actually the Great and Fear Inspiring Day of Jehovah! Or early evening, as it turned out. It turned out that Armageddon lasted about five minutes and was confined to my kitchen. Which was in sorry need of judgement, I assure you!

CZAR

• FairMind
    FairMind

LittleToe, I do not believe the "annointed" have eternal souls. As far as the WTS goes those JWs who claim to be going to heaven are no more likely to get there than you or I. If you have an immortal soul then why would you need to be "changed" in the twinkling of an eye? Is the Bible truthful when it says that Jesus was the First to put on immortality? If we had immortal souls why would we need a ressurection? I don't believe the idea of an immortal soul is in harmony with the scriptures. I know there is wiggle room both ways on this question. You choose to wiggle one way I another. May God bless you.

FM

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    Except for their high control mentality and coldness toward non-JWs the core doctrine of this religion is closer to what I think the Bible teaches than any other

Wow! Great argumentation! So except for their behavior that is the opposite of what Christ taught(LOVE), its almost the truth. I get it now!

Also, you might want to do some research into the New World "Translation." I found that if you "tweak" the Bible just enough - the JW doctrines start to make sense. But isn't it a major sin to change the Bible and add words to it?

I don't mean to sound sarcastic - just wanted to point out a couple of things to maybe reconsider.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Bubbamar. I'm taking some heavy hits so be gentle please. The WTS is not alone in acting and its members acting in unchristian ways. Wouldn't it be fair to say that this can be said about all religions? The record of the churches speaks for itself just as does the record of the WTS. Religion (including the WTS) has always been guilty of saying one thing and doing another. I was not born a JW and I saw abundant hypocrisy in religion, especially the Baptist Church with which I was associated. If I had known (been smart enough to investigate) the real truth about the WTS I would not have become a JW and suppose I would have written religion off completely. As it is, I have attained a faith in Jehovah, Jesus and in God's word the Bible. I have no faith in the WTS or any other of man's religions. My lack of faith in religion however does not excuse me from having faith in God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit