Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• bebu
    bebu

bttt

• hubert
    hubert

Mario, as you can see, we haven't forgotten you.

Hope you had a good day today, and spent time with Marina.

Hubert

• bebu
    bebu

Dear Friends,

I received an email from RIVASC that basically said that Mario is still struggling in many areas. He is still fighting a strong depression. The cycle of small gains and losses is quite wearying. For many of us who have been thru that to any degree, you know that it is very hard to ask for help; it is hard to imagine ourselves a burden to others on top of all the other hopeless feelings we have.

SO: I am URGING you to send a CARD to Mario! If you don't have $ for a card, send a letter. Most people can afford a stamp. Send a card! It seems certain that he is not reading or posting here, and it is hard to know if he checks his email, so a CARD is really important. For those of you with broadband I think you can afford to put a few bucks inside! (Make it cash, folks!) Put this on your to-do list today!

The encouragement, validation and reassurance from friends can really make an ENORMOUS difference. You can't buy it from a any store, you can't buy it from a counselor. It's priceless stuff, even though it costs us so little. Times like this is where the rubber can meet the road. Talk can be translated into action.

Please send your card$ to:

Mario Balletta
    PO Box 91016
    Johnston RI 02919

Thanks for caring, everyone. Don't let Mario slip off your radar screen.

bebu

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was thinking about Mario this morning and wondering how he's doing. I should fire him a letter.

• bem
    bem

Thanks (((((Bebu))))) A trip to card central is happening now, thanks for the up-date. Marrio is close to my heart always.

Dorothy

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Bebu,

Thanks for the update.

I feel somewhat awkward for not knowing anything about this until about two weeks ago. That's when I saw the thread and went back to see things from the beginning. What a tragedy! My heart and my prayers go out to Mario and his daughter.

When this happened, I was in Florida staying with my daughter for several months and did not have much access to a computer. Sure wish I would have known about it from the beginning!

Seeing what Mario has and is going through, I can only count my blessings and pray that he can have blessings after going through this.

I will do my part this weekend. Thanks again for keeping all of us informed and for his address.

Bebu............you are a gem!

HappyDad

• bem
    bem

bttt

• Shania
    Shania

My heart has been with Mario since October. We live about 2 hr away when his daughter passed I wanted to go to the wake to just give him a hug...........but we were unable to, so have been sending cards to him and praying that he gain the strength to move forward. He is a stong man and I know he is getting good care so we wish the best for him... I am so impressed how all of you cared that night he was having sad thoughts and you did the right thing by him..........it is a blessing to meet the friends we have found here..............keep us posted on this dear man progress...........maybe one day we can all get together and spend some time getting to know Mario in person.

• Emma
    Emma

Bebu,

Thank you for the reminder. A letter and some cash is in the mail.

Maybe this thread should be resurrected every week.

Emma

• bem
    bem

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit