Ex-JW Mother attempts suicide with children and fails! My Family Tragedy

by Utopian Reformist 1242 Replies latest members private

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Mario, I'm going to tell you the one thing that kept me from doing away with myself. I realized that if I had done away with myself, I'd be leaving behind lots of people who genuinely cared about me. I'd be hurting many people by taking this action.

There are lots of people, including people on this message board who care about you. Personally, I couldn't bring myself to do it knowing how many people I would have hurt and made sad. We all care about you, and would like to keep you in our lives.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I just now read up on this again...I'm so glad to hear that the words of love on this board actually took some action. Isn't that the true test of love...where the rubber meets the road...is in the action???

Many years ago, I was admitted into a hospital to have my stomach pumped for all the pills and vodka I took. Unbeknownst to me at the time, one of the nurses was a JW. Again, unbeknowst to me, she broke the confidentiality rule, and called my parents to let them know I was being admitted for an attempted suicide. My parents didn't call. Didn't visit. Nothing. I found out years later when my step-mom admitted she knew about the suicide attempt. I was flabbergast. I asked her, "Why didn't you come to me? Why didn't you at least call or visit?" She said, "If you really wanted to die, who was I to stop it?" To this day, I hate my parents for that. They wouldn't even come to my aid when I needed them most. Bastards. They don't deserve a daughter like me.

You guys amaze and overwhelm me. I am so proud to call you my friends and family!!!

Andi

• happyout
    happyout

My heart is so full of love for the people on this site! True, unconditional love, shown openly and without fear. To take the time to try to nurture someone most of us will never have the chance to meet in person. And WE'RE the apostates??

Mario, my heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you. Sometimes you have to let others guide you, because your eyes can't focus through the tears. Please let those who are trying to help you, reach you. Talia's memory lives in you, you must go on to keep her spirit alive. I know, it's what got me through losing my daughter. Each time I though I could not bear the pain another minute, I just pictured her little face, and how sad she would be if I gave up because I lost her. Reach out to Talia, Mario, she is there in your heart, and can give you strength. The pain never disappears, but I promise, it becomes bearable.

Thanks for all of you who are keeping us updated, and if anyone is taking donations to help, I would like to contribute. I don't have much, but I will give what I have.

Much love to our online family,

Happyout

• beebee
    beebee

Has anyone called Oprah's producers? She's very generous and this situation, having been in the press, may be just up her alley. Also if you can bring yourself to do it, talking about it on local TV will likely bring in enough money to resolve your current financial issues and perhaps provide for all the help you and your family will need into the future. Sometimes we just have to do what we just have to do to protect our families. Take care.

• brokenfairy
    brokenfairy

beebee i was thinking the exact same thing about oprah or even dr.phil! can we send them links to this story?

• Shakita
    Shakita

Dear Mario,

First, I would like to give a bug hug and thank you to Treshappy and Lover of truth. You guys saved Mario's life. Thanks also to the Providence, Rhode Island Police Department. I too didn't check in until this afternoon. I was already sleeping when Mario posted. Thank God you guys saw Mario's post and took immediate action.

To Mario:

What can I say my friend? Please don't give up! We can't afford to lose such a loving, kind and sincere person like you. I know that you are going through hell and you don't see a way out of your prison, but this too will lessen in time. Let those who know how, help you. This is something that is going to take a long time to heal. Try and take it one day at a time. If you have to, take it one minute at a time until you have the coping skills that will see you through.

I can't fathom the depth of your despair and pain Mario, but maybe everyone here at JWD can absorb some of your pain so that you can get through this. I love you, my friend, and so does everyone here at JWD. I hope that the love and support that we give you will help you see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Mr. Shakita

• Shelly81
    Shelly81

Mario, I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with you and your posts. But do know that you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I know what it is like to lose a child and I've been where you're at. But the only thing that kept me going was the love and support of the people who are still here behind me to pick me up when I'm down. I have a nine year old and the thought of her not only losing a sister but also a mother would surely devestate her. Think about your other daughter. She needs you more than ever, but you have to be strong for her. You have to get all the help you can get. We are here for you. Know that you are not alone. Time does heal. I know it seems so bleak but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. God be with you. -Concepcion

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

LoverofTruth, Treshappy, and all those who have made personal contact with Mario over these terrible weeks

YOU ARE HEROES !

This board is a board like no other and I am proud to be a part of it

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

herbert,

I was just thinking that a JWD PO box number could be set up at one of your local post offices and we could all send our cards there for you to hand deliver to Mario. I'm sure many board members would be willing to send money direct to the post office to cover the cost of it. That is, if you are willing to do this for us. Let us know what you think of the idea.

Thanks for all of your concern for Mario.

NewLight2

• hubert
    hubert

I thought of a p.o. box too, new light. Let's find out more about him first, and see if we need to do that. If I can't even see him, then it's useless to set up a p.o. box. Let's see what happens down the road a little, and we can bring that up again. Good idea, though. Thanks for that.

About today, I took a ride to one of the hospitals that deal with this kind of problem, and they wouldn't give me any information that I asked for. They said it's confidential. They wouldn't even tell me if he had a doctor there that I could talk to. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, unfortunately.

I stopped at his residence address, and talked with a neighbor, and I gave him my phone number, and asked him to call me if he sees him around again, in case they let him out and we don't know about it yet. I imagine when he is released, he will contact me, or post to you guys. Until then, there's not much else I can do for the time being. Maybe in a while they will let him call people, and maybe he'll contact me, and arrange for me to start seeing him. I think for now, though, he probably won't be able to get any visitors, except close family.

I'll let you as soon as possible, if I hear anything about him.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit