Public breastfeeding

by simplesally 174 Replies latest members private

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Exactly!

How beautiful is this?

• barry
    barry

In New South Wales Parliment a MP used to breast feed her baby but I beleive it was a stunt most women in most situations dont have a problem and I dont have a problem with it but those pollies are famous for doing things just for a few miserable votes. Barry

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks for the article Sally,

I used to breast feed my babies in public all the time, never had a problem, got a few dirty looks from some elderly men but I used to just smile and wave at them.

I now smile at all public breastfeeding mothers i see.

They tried to pass a law in Melbourne to ban It, so a whole heap of mothers had a huge breastfeeding sit in tin the middle of the city.

Now a lot of reastraunts have stickers on their doors welcoming breastfeeding mothers, it's really great to see.

I remember my mother was told by an elder that she had to breast feed us in the toilets, she just told the elder to go eat his lunch in hte toilet. She used to sit up the back of the hall and feed us with a blanket over her shoulder.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    she should have gone and stood next to the painting.

Very good idea, Alfalfa.

I breastfed my babies anywhere I wanted to. I guess that even with my sweet, little, innocent looking baby face I could could still give off that:" say something and you'll end up flat on your can, man" air. No one ever said a word to me about it. I got a lot of approving looks though.

I feel very passionately that the prudes should be told off and put in their places.

Flyin'

• boa
    boa

Cripes...I thought I was gonna get flamed! I'm Soooooo happy I didn't!

Mothers, if it is your desire to breastfeed, please keep on keepin' on!

boa...sigh...my sons are just past breastfeeding now...and I loved observing that connection between mother and child....

stefanie...that drawing warmed my heart....

(now noone tell anyone about my soft side!)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

sometimes the puritanism just astounds me.

Sherry

• Scully
    Scully

True story:

My middle daughter was about 4 months old when we went on a picnic at a nearby farm with some folks in our book study group. It was springtime, and the book study conductor would point out to all the children when he saw a newborn calf or lamb nursing from its mother and say how beautiful and natural it was and how Jehovah created this miracle.

Anyway, it came time for us to have our picnic. As we sat at the table, the baby decided it was time for her to eat too, so I put a blanket over my shoulder to be discreet and started nursing her. Our book study conductor became very upset and suggested that I should do that somewhere else... like in the bathroom or in the car.

I just glared at him and said that my daughter was not going to have her meal in the bathroom, and then asked him whether he felt the least bit a hypocrite for saying how beautiful and natural and miraculous it was for Jehovah to allow animals to feed their babies this way, but turned around and try to make me feel dirty and ashamed for doing the same thing.

Love, Scully

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So true, Scully!

Mrs Ozzie too was always indignant that even in these palatial Kingdom Halls, the men decided what was needed and so, guess what importance breast feeding got?

There now are parents rooms imposed on the WTS by legilslation but not because the "brothers' wanted it!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Scully : became very upset and suggested that I should do that somewhere else... like in the bathroom or in the car.

It didn't bother him that you missed the study bible (the reason why you were there) ... NOPE
    he felt so bad not being able as a all spiritual GUY to forget about your tits !

Very strong spiritually (indeed )

• simplesally
    simplesally

I pretty much breast fed whenever Teryn was hungry, no matter where I was. One time, in Nevada, I was in a restaurant and the manager told me to stop...it was tribal land, so I was unsure what the law was but it sure made me mad. Should have left without paying the bill....I remember my baby was pretty upset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit