23 yr old female teacher arrested for sex with 14 yr. old boys

by wednesday 189 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm probably treading on ground that has already been covered in this thread, but I'll add my thoughts just because of my narcissism and unwarranted feeling of self-importance:

A 23 year old male bangs a 14 year old girl:

1. A 23 year old male, in most cases, is not fully mature, and probably doesn't deserve the term "man"

2. He is a highly insecure fellow whose fragile ego is infinitely boosted by the awed admiration of the 14 year old. He chuckles at her a bit in his mind, and he tries to dismiss his attraction towards her, tries to talk himself out of it, but he just can't help but noticing what a cute little bod she has and soon she becomes the object of intense sexual fantasizing. The hard-on is getting the upper hand.

3. She finds him much more attractive than her male classmates, since it's well-established that girls at that age are usually a good bit ahead of boys of the same age in regard to emotional maturity. But, she is still not mature by any stretch, and her attraction soon turns into an all-consuming love drama in her mind.

4. So they have sex. For her, it is not so much an expression of horny lust as it is an honest, but misguided feeling of love, with sex being the ultimate expression of that perfect love that exists between them, in her mind. So when the sh*t hits the fan she will feel utterly traumatized and disillusioned. He on the other hand, knows going into it that he is playing this girl like a violin and he's being a very bad boy. But he is too immature, too flattered by her attraction to him to muster up the self-control needed to reign himself in. His hard-on is doing all the thinking, he knows it, and he surrenders to it.

A 23 year old female bangs a 14 year old boy:

1. She is probably more mature that her same-aged male counterpart, and is very close to being deserving of the term "woman"

2. She is flattered by the cute (and strapping) lad in her classroom that just can't take his eyes off of her. She tries to fight the fantasy, but dang he is so cute! She has enough experience with men to be able to read the signs, it soon becomes patently obvious to her that he is there for the taking.

3. The boy sees her as being hot, the ultimate, look at her man! He begins fantasizing about her constantly, though not in a "perfect love" kind of way. For him, it is pure lust. He is overwhelmed by his attraction to her, and she knows it and is flattered by it.

4. So they have sex. She, like the male in scenario 1 is overcome by her lust towards the boy, and knows that she is being a bad girl. She is driven wild by this cute and strapping lad that just can't get enough of her. He on the other hand is living out the ultimate 14 year old boy fantasy - sex with the hot hot teacher. So when the sh*t hits the fan, he doesn't quite know what to make of what happened, but isn't nearly as traumatized by it all as the girl in scenario 1. In this scenario, both parties are driven by lust far more than by anything else, whereas in scenario 1 the male is acting on lust to a far greater degree than the female.

I realize that I am being very general here, but that's my take on what I see as being the difference.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Lady Lee: Ever the voice of reason......

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Got some more

He misses out on his normal healthy sexual development. His body doesn't get a chance to do its own explorations. He is pushed into an adult's understanding and experience of sexuality. Now some may argue that learning quickly is a good thing but learning too quickly is harmful.

There is definitely something to be said for those early expectations and fantasies. This child doesn't have to fantasize anymore. He's been exposed to an adult's sexuality. His innocence is lost.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Please. It's illegal. That's enough. But the wild fantasmagoric pyscho-sexual speculation by adults (such as has been indulged in on this very thread), should be illegal, as adults TELLING young people how harmful this aspect or that aspect of sex WILL be for them (implied: or else*!) has f****d up more people than actual sex ever has.

*Or else you're not normal, or else you don't meet the standards of the family/society/god/good people/etc., or else you're a slut, or else you've been subtly damaged and you don't even know it....and so on.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Dan the Man : your Scenarios 1 and 2 are (explain very well the why ?")

and about them being traumatized about their experience (in such case as scenario 1 and 2) :

Six : Please. It's illegal. That's enough. But the wild fantasmagoric pyscho-sexual speculation by adults (such as has been indulged in on this very thread), should be illegal, as adults TELLING young people how harmful this aspect or that aspect of sex WILL be for them (implied: or else*!) has f****d up more people than actual sex ever has.

*Or else you're not normal, or else you don't meet the standards of the family/society/god/good people/etc., or else you're a slut, or else you've been subtly damaged and you don't even know it....and so on.
    Amac : Maybe we are missing each other's points, although I think I understand yours. I know it can't be consensual by law since the law doesn't allow the minor to consent. But IN REAL LIFE, he can agree/consent/whatever to sex. In fact in REAL LIFE, I imagine many 14 yr old boys would not only consent to it, but also pursue it.

I'm testifying as a woman ... and having "consensual" sex is not what have traumatized me in my life. What traumatized me is most adults telling me "weird stuff" that doesn't match with the reality ...

• avishai
    avishai

Thank you ladylee, as usual, for being the voice of reason. The double standard in this society hurts far more males than anyone knows about.

Dan, your post is a crock, and offensive.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Avishaï ... (and others)... : We are not talking about the same thing (I know what you are talking about ... believe me) but we are not talking about the same cases (it is about things being consensual or not, and over reacting about it to the point to eventually traumatizing people)

we are not talking about : rape, or weird sex initiation ...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

fbf You may have done a wonderful job raising your son as a teen parent. But that is the exception not the rule.

Teen pregnancy and teen parents have the hardest time . They are not grown up up. At 14 most kids need to finish school and go through some of the normal developmental stages.

Let me ask you but don't feel you have to answer such personal questions - they are more for the discuaaion than addressed to you personally

When your child was 14 do you think it would be OK if he became a father and had all those responsibilities? Or would you prefer he waited? Or be responsible enough to use protection? What is it was with a teacher? Or a coach? Or a priest?

What kinds of things did you have to give up? Dreams? Hopes for the future? School? A career? You have to admit it could not have been easy. And it would have been much easier if you had been older.

And when you gave your consent at 14 yrs old did you understand and acccept the risks of pregnancy and STDs? At 14 were you responsible enough to use protection?

Hormones saying YES to sex is very different that a well thought out responsible decision to have a sexual relationship with someone - anyone. Having sex with a teacher who should be following a Code of Ethics is a whole different matter.

I'm so glad you are the exception and that you and your son are doing well. I wish more young people were so lucky (((fbf)))

• avishai
    avishai
    If a 23 year old male teacher had sex with my 14 year old daughter, I would be in a murderous rage. If he didn't wind up with the flash suppressor of my HK98 up his nostril it would be because he stayed the hell away from me.

If a 23 year old female teacher had sex with my 14 year old son, I certainly wouldn't be happy about it, but neither would I be overly concerned about the long-term effects on him either.

Same for both genders. do you have kids, BTW?

Avishaï ... (and others)... : We are not talking about the same thing (I know what you are talking about ... believe me) but we are not talking about the same cases (it is about things being consensual or not, and over reacting about it to the point to eventually traumatizing people

Let's leave consent alone for a minute. someone brought up the point about the teacher( MJ Latourneau) who had kids w/ the boy. Let's talk strictly biology. If sex were strictly controllable w/ no consequences, i'd say that argument might be OK. But most people over 20 can convince people who are 14 about their contraceptive decisions, So let's say only RESPONSIBLE 23 year olds that sleep w/ 14 yr. olds won't get them pregnant/ lie and get pregnant. Now, even if 10% of them were irresponsible, is it OK to force a child on a 14 year old? No. And it's my belief that most people who are in their 20's and are intentionally sleeping w/ 14 yr. olds are highly irresponsible

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Hello, hello, hello!

It seems as though some posters have overlooked taking their daily dose of reality pills in relation to this topic. Agreed, and indisputably, that the whole saga was against the law.

But remember, aren't many of the more enjoyable things in life either illegal or immoral?

Although over fifty years of age, I can almost (with increasing difficulty) recall being fourteen, and I feel correct in assuming that most fourteen year old male youths today are similar in many ways to fourteen year olds from my era.

Maybe it is that Australians come from convict stock, but I can be rest assured that had a similar opportunity presented itself to me and and ALL of my peers we would have jumped at the chance - and then enquired whether she had any like-minded girlfriends. I feel certain the trauma would have been minimal, and able to be managed. I can only guess that this guy's school mates would have been chomping at the bit to have a go at sharing in his extracurricular activities.

Methinks that the only problem this guy now has, is with his mother for interrupting his relationship.

Keep in mind that it appears that the guy was a willing participant. It was not like he was tied up and forced to engage in the related activities (though that may well have added a whole new dimension to his experience). The teacher was twenty three and easy on the eyes - not sixty three and a scruffy hag - if that was the case, I doubt he would have accepted her advances.

Certainly, if the roles had been reversed i.e. older male teacher with underage female student, then there is no approving this relationship.

cheeses. Of the "Can I stay behind after school please Teacher?" class.

P.S. Could she be the Great Teacher that was spoken of so favourably in biblical circles?

Please. No preaching. The above are my opinions, for which I accept no responsibilty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit