23 yr old female teacher arrested for sex with 14 yr. old boys

by wednesday 189 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Fluer, I guess I don't see your point here: "..THIS woman has never had a rape fantasy, period. being subdued or restrained or 'forced' does NOT appeal to me at all. and i'm sorry but i find "being forced to have sex" the same thing as being "brutalized rape." Why would you be bothered by therapist reporting what they've heard from their patients? What does it matter what you've personally fantasized about?

• avishai
    avishai

Here. let me give you an actual example, guys. I knew a lady, in her 20's that intentionally got pregnat by a 15 yr. old boy, because SHE wanted a child, not him and lied to him that she was on birth control. Well, she was never prosecuted, and he stepped up, and had his daughter half the week. Then she, the mom, got leukemia and died. The guy loves his kid, and takes care of her, but he had most of his teen years stolen, and now is a single dad in his early 20's. I became a dad for the first time at 32. It's hard enough at MY age. I would'nt wish what happened to him on anyone. So, Do we understand NOW why it can be a problem?

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Why would you be bothered by therapist reporting what they've heard from their patients? What does it matter what you've personally fantasized about?

nevermind. i'm not here to debate with anyone. i am just stating my opinion, you can take it or leave it. besides, i was posting to someone else.

i'm so sick of this kind of crap. some people can post anything and others can't post anything without having to give a sworn statement why.

screw it.

• TD
    TD

Avishai:

Same for both genders. do you have kids, BTW?

I'm not trying to be flippant and I realize this is a long thread, but if you'd actually read what I wrote you would know not only the answer to that question, but the gender and age of one of them.

On a more general note, (I'm not directing this at you Avishai) the question I've raised is again, not about whether it was wrong or whether the boy was victimized. The answer to both of those questions is, "Yes". The question is about the perceived degree of victimization. Since I've frankly admitted that my reaction is probably irrational and inconsistent, I don't feel especially compelled to defend the indefensible.

However I am a little surprised at the number of statements to the effect that, "The law is the law" and "Statutory rape is still rape". Although this is sometimes true from the standpoint of the arresting officer, it is not the end of the story.

The age of a minor subject to protection under unlawful sex laws is not quite the same thing as the age of majority. Depending on the state you live in, this can range from 18 clear down to 14 (When the age differential between perpetrator and victim is 5 years or less.) In some states this age is actually lower for girls than for boys. At the opposite end of the spectrum, most states have a set age for the victim (usually around 11) below which sexual contact of any kind becomes a class one felony. The degree of victimization is obviously much, much higher.

The point here is that both age, gender and willingness figure not only into the sentencing process, but in some respects, the actual wording of statute itself. If anyone doubts that the degree of victimization will at some point, become an issue in this case, with one or both sides presenting expert opinions, just follow it when it comes to trial.

• wednesday
    wednesday

fleur,

listen, we are not on opposing sides here. I genreally agree, with u. U sound kind of mad ,though.

I made a statement about rape fantasies. According to my PHD, and the psycholoy courses i took, they are very common in women, normal women. That does not mean everyone has them. Nor does it mean u should have them. If u find it offensive, u can say that. It does not affect me personally, i did not wirte the psychology book, nor do i care what others fantsies are about. That kind of stuff u usually tell yur therapist,or hubby or whatever.

Remember iti's a discussion board.

• avishai
    avishai

I agree, TD that the ambiguity of statuatory vs. "forcible" rape is huge, and often times the laws are too punitive for people who are close in age, as well as slanted towards males. Not trying to insult, TD, seriously wondered if you had kids.

• Fleur
    Fleur

yes, it is a discussion board. thanks wednesday for reminding people of that.

i certainly respect your right to post your opinion, as apparently you respect my right to post mine. i appreciate that.

thanks for your post. i'm not mad at anybody.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Avi wrote:

SHE wanted a child, not him and lied to him that she was on birth control.

This is my biggest gripe about women. Lying about being on birth control, in order to get a guy by the cajones for 18 years of extortion....errrrrrr, child support.

If the lady wants a baby, and the guy doesn't, and she LIES about using birth control, then no man should have pay extortion......errrrr, child support, in these cases only.

LABD

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Let me say something. As the father of a 14 year old boy, I would not be high-fiving my son and telling him what a stud he is for banging a 23 year old school teacher.

Neither would I. I would try to get across to him that sex isn't something you do to prove yourself, or to have fun, or to impress people.

I would be just as p*$$ed off at that, than as if some pervert (male or female) violated my 10 year old daughter.

I would be 10,000 billion times more pissed off at an adult male who violated my 10 year old daughter vs. an adult female who had sex with my 14 year old son. I would be ready to kill the male molester with my bare hands. The woman, yes I'd think that she was incredibly irresponsible in her actions and I would be highly upset at her, but I wouldn't be ready to kill her or anything.

Any adult that takes advantage of a child, be they male or female, does not deserve to see the light of another day on this earth!

Will you be manning the guillotine?

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    Will you be manning the guillotine?

Beheading is much too swift a death for the likes of these. I was thinking more of a William Wallace type of death.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit