23 yr old female teacher arrested for sex with 14 yr. old boys

by wednesday 189 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwbot
    jwbot
    Valis, I think legally, the age should of consent should be left at 18, but in reality, once a boy goes through puberty his sexual desires start peaking right away. So I can't imagine fulfilling those desires as being too traumatic, unless it is against their will.

Girls go through puberty faster...and hormones rage. SO it should be ok for a 14 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man or woman, right?

• wednesday
    wednesday

when my son had sex with another 13 yr old girl, he felt used and cheap. His words, not mine. I did not try and make him feel guilt, he said he realized he was too young and later felt it was unhealthy.I don't believe teenagers have the ability , in general, to make good decisions about sex.

We have to get peds out of positions of power. And that is all this woman is, a ped, and her victims were 14-15 yr old boys. thank God they got her before she made a career of it. Or at least i hope they did.

It is true the media even looks at this a bit different ,ie "The Graduate", however, he (dustin Hoffman) was much older than 14. He was not a minor and could give LEGAL CONSENT which is the BOTTOM LINE. People under 18 in the usa , for most part cannot give legal consent. a parent must sign for them if they wish to marry or conduct business.

• amac
    amac
    Girls go through puberty faster...and hormones rage. SO it should be ok for a 14 year old girl to have sex with a 22 year old man or woman, right?

I never said it was OK...but rather, that the woman should not be treated as if she molested this boy against his will. So to answer your question...if a 14 year old girl willingly has sex with a 22 yr old, yes he should be punished for sex with a minor, but certainly not for child abuse.

• jwbot
    jwbot

amac: abuse? no I agree. Sex with a minor and statatory rape would be the appropriate charges because thats what it is.

• amac
    amac

Hey, we agree then...my posts were in response to those who made it seem as this boy was victimized and was "abused."

• jwbot
    jwbot

I just think the same rules should be applied to men and women, and teenage males and females, equally. I do not see this boy as any more or less victimized than if it was a female student. I just feel some of those in the forum would argue otherwise, that a female is somehow weaker and thus, a victim. Thats JW thinking for ya!

• IronGland
    IronGland
    just think the same rules should be applied to men and women, and teenage males and females, equally.

Logic would tell you that, but such logic has led to great mischief when put into practice.

• wednesday
    wednesday

well, we would call it abuse if the victim was a 14 yr old girl so why is the boy not abused? She does not have to beat him for it to be abuse. sexual abuse and rape is what she has done. He is 14 and can't legally decide to have sex with anyone.It is only just sex between adults if both parties are at least 18-here in the states.

• IronGland
    IronGland

I dont think anyone is arguing that it wasn't illegal. It's just that alot of people feel differntly since it was a male. It's not logical that many people feel worse about a female soldier dying compared to a male, but I will admit that I'm one of those that do.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG it's WRONG. Legally, and emotionally and perhaps physically.

And I'll tell you why.

Legally - The law provides an age where a person is legally responsible for their choices. That means they understand the event and the possible ramifications, both short term and long term, and make a decision based on that.

Physically - well assuming she has had sex before, how responsible has she been? Let's face it, a woman who persues a minor is not acting responsibly. What are the chances of STDs or pregnancy?

Emotionally - Well yup the boy can strut in front of his friends. Or can he? Does she want him strutting his stuff? Telling all the friends? She knows what she is doing will get her into trouble. So I suspect there is an element of secrecy to this "relationship". So he can't tell. If wants more he has to keep his mouth shut. Hmmmmm Can you think of how this might affect him? It is hard enough to keep the secret you scored with your same age girlfriend.

What about experience? What happens to a 14 yr old boy who is expected to "perform" for a woman with experience. Does he know how? What does it do to his self-esteem to be told how to do it or be shown. Yea there is the payoff but what emotions lead to that? And then the fear after of "Did I do it right?" So here he is in the student role - again.

What happens if he does get an infection or she gets pregnant? How does this kid explain: I got my teacher pregnant or I got my STD from the teacher.

So here he is - isolated. he can't hang out with kids his age because she is monopolizing his time. He doesn't talk to people because he might let out the secret.

When it's all over and she is tired of him - what then? How "used" will he feel when he sees her move on to a new conquest? How bad is he going to feel when to get rid of him she puts him down or his "love-making" skills?

And once it is over how does he get back to "normal" adoloescent development and learn to relate to girls his own age? Will he expect them to teach him also? Or perhaps he now has too much information and can't relate to girls who want to growe up normally? Will he seek out other older women/girls? How does this sexual fantasy turned into reality affect his future sexual fantasies? And future ability to perform wil people his own age?

I'm sure I could think up more if I hang out here but I am shocked by the opinions of some people. Yes the moment will feel good. But those "moments" are pretty small in the grand scheme of life.

All that and one more: What is all this attention doing to him now? How will it affect him in the future. How do you go from all of this to trying to find a wife and explain "I was the kid who..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit