Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Englishman...I was thinking the same thing....

1969 ? Name changed to First Hawaiian Bank, which began to market itself as ?The bank that says Yes.?

http://www.fhb.com/hm_about-timeline.htm

And he's half a world away, living and working in London as the Australian director for the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development.... Critics dubbed it "The Glistening Bank" and "The bank that says yes - to itself".

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/08/1083911455889.html?from=storyrhs

In little old Orkney we have a small branch of a well known outfit that is advertised as "The Bank that says YES". Admittedly they don't always reply to letters and one is often tempted to re-write the slogan as - "The Bank that often says nothing very much".

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/stockton/137-07.htm

If you answered yes to any of these questions, I may be able to help. Delaware Savings Bank - The Bank That Says Yes - like to work with hardworking homeowners who may have been turned down by others due to income, credit problems, self employment or former bankruptcy.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ho-1402980954070001%40as-clw-10-142.intnet.net&output=gplain

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I guess it was justa matter of time. The Watchtower HAD to start their own Nigerian Spam Money Scam.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

A.: Possibly not, since we have no way of knowing what will be in the Watchtower of August 15, or September 1, or September 15...

We can say that it is a contender for most repellant Watchtower TO DATE.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Absolutely revolting. And the really sad thing is, though WE see this for what it is: a blatant "money grab," most devout JWs will likely see it only as a testament to the parents' faith in the resurrection doctrine.

Revolting, and tragic.

Odrade

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The Watchtower IS a racist organization.In the early 1960s USA about 75% of the publishers were white Anglo Saxons. Today it is about 30% Anglo Saxons, 40% African Americans and 30% Spanish. The Watchtower IS a racist organization.

Q: When I was working as a visiting nurse, I took care of a guy with uncontrolled diabetes, and it was killing him. He was a Jehovah's Witness, and he told me it didn't really matter whether he controlled his disease because his religion taught him that everything's just temporary anyway. I never saw anybody living in such complete poverty, he couldn't afford the food or medicine he needed, and he refused to accept any kind of assistance. But he had this stack of new books he had bought from the church. He was a man without education or sophistication.

A: That's another part of the cult dynamic: They exploit minorities and ignorance. Enlightened aristocrats are, as they say, "goat-like"; they're not receptive to the Kingdom Message. A few years ago, the Haitians who were impounded at Guantanamo Naval Base in Cuba, 80 percent of them were Jehovah's Witnesses. The church said, "See, they're downtrodden, they're more receptive to the good news, they're more sheep-like." But they just exploit minorities, that's what happens. .Read his story in the Maine Times The Watchtower IS a racist organization.Well what would you expect from a church that 'profitcy$' the genocide of 6 billion unbelievers? Magic Wand Fairy Danny sez: The WT$ fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the "new light" fairy dust along the path. Click the 'ca$h cow' learn more about WT$ creed of greed:

Are your children saving up their 'Jehovah's pennies',like my siblings and I use to?Open your eyes,the WT$ is # 34 in the top 40 list of New York city money makers.Creed of greed,money,money and 'mo money..Are you an obediant 'ca$h cow'?Heeeeee-haaaaaw, ride em cowboy.Home on the range. Let's have an apostate vs. Watchtower range war.

Giddy up.Undaunted Danny

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    To capitalize on someone's death just to get donations is repugnant. It's one thing for the young man who died ,or his family, to have a belief and then act on it, but it's quite another for the Society to market that death into money.

This is one of the worst pleas for money yet. It's designed to make the average JW moved to give more by way of guilt. Afterall, if some poor little starving African kid was raising a couple of scrawny chickens to raise money to donate to the Org should that not move our hearts to be more and more giving to the Org (as we have so much more to give). I don't even believe this is a totally true story---sounds fishy to me.

• Gerard
    Gerard

The catholics use to do that on me and my family. The priest used to quote that passage when an old woman gave a few cents to the temple and a rich man gave several gold coins. Yet the one going to heaven was the old woman because she gave to the church ALL SHE HAD.

Talk about guilt trip...

• Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs

On the positive side, this could be the final straw for some of those JWs who are doubting that Watchtower is God's sole organisation for distributing spiritual food ().

It is an utterly revolting display of mercenary abhorrence by this religious cult.

Joe

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Even if this were true, what kind of organization would publish such a thing as any sort of encouragement to do anything?

Well this organization. Take a good look at it. This wraps up the organization in a nutshell.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

WWJD ? Does the Watchtower still own the opulent Stanley theater ( Saddam's palace ) in New York city?While their brothers in 3rd world countries exist in cradle to grave agony. Would Jesus preach in the Stanley theater? http://www.njcu.edu/programs/jchistory/Pages/S_Pages/Stanley_Theater.htm

Built in 1928 as a vaudeville and movie house, the Stanley Theater is a massive Gothic-style structure. The 4,300-seat amphitheater is second in size on the East Coast to Radio City Music Hall, which was built in 1932. Jacob Fabian of Paterson, noted for theater construction in New Jersey, commissioned Fred Wesley Wentworth of Wentworth and (Frederick J.) Vreeland to built the movie palace.

A glittering copper marquee spans the entrance, overhanging the solid brass doors. Over the marquee are three large arched windows. Building materials include marble from Italy, Vermont and Texas, limestone from Indiana, and granite from Maine to face the Corinthian columns.

The impressive interior has a three-story lobby adorned with columns, a broad center staircase with trompe l'oeil alabaster handrails and balusters, lamps, velvet drapes, and stained class windows of faux "Chartre Blue" in the foyer. Allegorical paintings by Hungarian muralist Willy Pagany adorn the ceiling and walls. The larger of two crystal chandeliers, suspended from the second floor, is from the

The Stanley Theater
    Photo: P. Shalhoub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit