US Hostage, Paul Johnson, Beheaded

by DevonMcBride 178 Replies latest social current

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I haven't heard of of US personnel beheading Iraqi/Al Queda terroists?

We didn't even behead the scum that blew up the World trade in 1993.

We are feeding them and providing them with a home for the rest of thier natural lives.

And this makes the Muslims so angry they blow up more buildings and people!

I think we have been more than kind enough to these people, why is the US the devil in this picture?

• Realist
    Realist

pat,

Good one Sandy! I've heard and read a few comments about Christians not following the example of Jesus, but following more the example of Moses.

too bad 95% of the bible is pure BS. the only stuff with value is what jesus (supposedly) said.

fourty,

the US is trying to control the world (at least the parts with lucrative natural resources). surprisingly not all people outside (and inside) the US are happy with this.

no one is defending what these nutcase muslims do - but that they attack the US is because of the american presence in the middle east.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

There's not to much control of resurces here, gas is still 2.39 cents a gallon and we invaded Iraq almost two years ago.

What went wrong?

• Realist
    Realist

in the case of iraq? simple...the bush admin (probably) underestimated the resistance they would face.

for the oil prices in general...for one thing they hit primarily the consumers who have to pay more for gas and products. this is of little concern to the industry as long as they can retain their profits (which especially the oil industry does). secondly, even if you control all the oil in the world if the production costs go up (for whatever reason, e.g. smaller world wide resources) so will the gas prices.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

So the US is not controlling natural gas and oil then?

• sandy
    sandy
    too bad 95% of the bible is pure BS. the only stuff with value is what jesus (supposedly) said.

I agree Realist but it bothers me how some christians claim to believe in the bible and still support War.

• Simon
    Simon
    There's not to much control of resurces here, gas is still 2.39 cents a gallon and we invaded Iraq almost two years ago.

What went wrong?

Well, it was done 'onthe cheap' as the politicians decided they needed a much smaller number of troops to occupy and keep the peace than the military did.

Even so, they made securing the oil infrastructure the top priority and the oil ministry was the only one not bombed.

You are assuming too that wihout grabbing this oil that prices would be lower ... how do you know it wouldn't be much higher now?

This is about long-term supply.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Oh really! What utter nonsense. I have kept out of political threads and fully intend doing so in the future ( my post was *not* a political expression ) specifically because it is impossible to reason with a person whose agenda is cemented to a large pile of dogma, as yours, and I might add a few others on both sides of the issue, seems to be.

Best regards - HS

No, it's not "utter nonsense" you HAVE made a political statement with this thread, and it's the wrong one. It lends comfort to the enemy, or maybe that's the problem, you don't see the terrorists as the enemy.

Sandy,

If you believed in the bible, I'd have this conversation with you, since you don't, I won't waste my breath.

Simon,

I'm no more a "nut case" than anyone else on this board, left, center, or right. You just don't like my positions is all. I'm NOTHING like the terrorists, I CAN be reasoned with, I'm NOT killing for GOD, I'm NOT in favor of killing innocent people to make a point. I DON'T believe in taking a knife to a person's neck and hacking their head off while they're still alive. You've painted me with an awfully broad pen and I resent it; I've never judged all Arabs, or all Muslims in a certain way. It's the TERRORISTS that are the problem, not Muslims not Arabs, but the TERRORISTS...or have you missed me saying this before.

Simon, are you suggesting we make the terrorism a matter for the courts again? That didn't work in the past, why would it work now?

• amac
    amac

HillaryStep -

Great post!

Yeru - On this, your wacko side is coming out...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

So, because I realize that people who take innocent people hostage and cut their heads off while their still alive and conscious can NOT be negotiated with, I'm a whacko? Thank God for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit