US Hostage, Paul Johnson, Beheaded

by DevonMcBride 178 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

Retribution for the Saudis? Surely you jest! There was no retribution for this death:

"Canadian wounded in Saudi Arabia dies
    Last Updated Fri, 14 May 2004 23:04:17
    HOUSTON - Tom Washburn died in a Texas hospital Friday, two weeks after being shot in the neck during a terrorist attack in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. "

My old boss' son. Lovely people. Barely a mention of it anywhere.

When the power-brokers of the west no longer need the Saudi's cooperation economically, then the the Saudi's involvement with the terrorists may be addressed. Till then, they remain 'America's friend'. IMHO.

talesin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He said the Kingdom was waiting for information from those countries and asked why the United States, for example, was not arresting known Al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq. ??It is said that Al-Zarqawi, one of the Al-Qaeda leaders, is in Iraq. The United States has the opportunity to arrest him. Why don?t they do it??? he asked. http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1§ion=0&article=46979&d=18&m=6&y=2004

Now that the Arab world is starting to feel the sting of terrorism, the conspiracy theories will start to turn to blame the US for the actions of the terrorists... even saying that the US is supporting the terrorists. The above quote is the first to start moving in that direction.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It appears as though they have found one of our weaknesses. With all of the coverage of Nick Berg, and overwhelming response of something so dreadfully awful that shocked us to our very core, they know that doing something so horrible that we are not used to dealing with in our country-(Beheading) will cut us deep, and bring fear, shock, and anger to our lives. It is nothing for them to commit such a gross act, as they are used to it, as they do it to their own people. No biggie to them, but they know how big it is to us. We are not used to it-(and hope that we as civilized people will never allow ourselves to be hardened to such sickening conduct, and abomination), and they will use this to try to gain power over us. I am so pis*ed off right now.

Condolences to Johnson Family

• Special K
    Special K

This definitely does not sound good.

sincerely

Special K

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

That's very very sad. These companies need to get their people out of there.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't know what else they could have done. I agree they should never negotiate with terrorists.

I wonder sometimes how they would handle it if it was someone very prominent, like the Bush daughters, who were captured and held for ransom like that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    That's very very sad. These companies need to get their people out of there.

That is exactly why Saudi Arabia is freaking out over this... if all westerners were to suddenly leave it would effectively shut down the Saudi oil industry and bankrupt the country. The Saudis get the vast majority of their revenue from oil. As much as the Arab World hates America, they depend on us for their survival... which, of course, is one of the main reasons they hate us so much.

• talesin
    talesin

Thought-provoking question: Why was OPEC established?

• avishai

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit