US Hostage, Paul Johnson, Beheaded

by DevonMcBride 178 Replies latest social current

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    you cannot condemn a whole religion on a few fringe fanatical followers. .

Well being that the vast majority of the population activily agrees with the fundies and supports them- yes I can.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    you cannot condemn a whole religion on a few fringe fanatical followers.

Until, the "nominal" Muslims denounce these jerks, they are the same as the terrorists in my mind.

LABD

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    10 years sounds quite optimistic but perhaps. in any case the hydrogen fuel cell cars will not be a competition to the normal cars unless gas become a lot more expensive.

Realist,

I disagree. They have been working on hydrogen cars way before the cost of fuel went up. American's are tired of supporting Arab oil and have been since 9/11.

I think we still have a long way too go. Hybrid sales don't come close to even comparing to gas sales. People do not want to give up their Hummers and SUVS. I'm looking forward to the Hybrid Explorer, but as with most Hybrids, it will no doubt be sacrificing a lot of space for battery cells.

Amac,

Have you seen the Ford SUV? http://www.fordvehicles.com/escapehybrid/index.asp?bhcp=1 It's very roomy. People aren't going to get rid of their current cars to buy a hybrid but when it comes time for buying a new car, many are considering it. According to this article http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/05/04/hybrid.rescues.ap/, the number of Americans driving hybrids jumped 25% during 2003. While hybrid cars are not yet perfect and there are still some kinks to work out of them, they are growing in sales and varieties.

• Realist
    Realist

devon,

i talked a month ago with a representative of OPEL (a german daughter company of GM) about their hydrogen fuel cell car. he said the car might become available in 10 years but there is no hydrogen distribution system.

aside from that....do people care about dependence on the middle east? hardly. people don't care about the environemnt which keeps us alive. why would they start to care about something so abstract as the influence of US dollars on the middle east.

• Flash
    Flash

It's going to get worse before it gets better!

• Flash
    Flash
    ...the Saudis knew where he was all along and ordered the terrorist not to kill him... but when he killed Paul Johnson anyway they went in and killed the terrorist.

I think your absolutely right! No doubt about it!

• simplesally
    simplesally

This is all very very sad. If I had a friend or mate living there I would ask them to come home. I would definitely leave if I was not in the military.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Did some research on the Koran and I tell you what, it's scary!! - Koran, chapter V, verse 33-34 : "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His Prophet and perpetrate corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land"

- Koran, chapter V, verse 51 : "O believers, do not hold Jews and Christians as your allies. They are allies of one another; and anyone who makes them his friends is surely one of them; and Allah does not guide the unjust."

- Koran, chapter VIII, verse 12 : "And the Lord said to the angels: I am with you. Go and strengthen the faithful. I shall fill the hearts of infidels with terror. So smite them on their necks and every joint."

- Koran, chapter VIII, verse 57 : "If you meet them in battle, inflict on them such a defeat as would be a lesson for those who come after them."

- Koran, chapter VIII, verse 58 : "Prepare against them whatever army and cavalry you can muster, that you may strike terror in (the hearths of) the enemies of Allah and your own, and others besides them not known to you, but known to Allah."

- Koran, chapter VIII, verse 65 : O Prophet, urge the believers to fight... So, If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they will beat two hundred, if there are a hundred, they will beat a thousand of the unbelievers, for they are men with no understanding.

- Koran, chapter IX, verse 5 : "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wheresover ye find them, and take the captive, or besiege them, and lie in wait for them at every likely place. But if they repent and fulfill their devotional obligations, and pay the zagat (special tax), then let them go their way. Lo! Allah is forgiving and, merciful."

- Koran, chapter VIII, verse 111: "Allah has verily bought the souls and possessions of the faithful in exchange for a promise of Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah, and kill and are killed."

- Koran, chapter XLV11, verse 4: "When you crash with the unbelievers, strike off their heads and, when you have laid them down, bind them tight".

Validate here
    http://islamicity.com/mosque/SURAI.HTM Sheesh! Yiz

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

By killing the infadels they get a ticket to paradise????
    A lot of us have heard the "paradise" lie.
    If this administration does not retaliate with swift deadly and decisive action I fear there may be many more executed americans.
    I'm thinking military executions for convicted alqeda members followed by a tactical nuke in the area where Bil Laden is suspected to be hiding.
    On a side point, the Iraqi's must see that Americans are not the only targets of the terrorists and militant muslim factions in the middle east as they have taken a few casualties of late.

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The fact is that Christianity itself was established on a history of similar acts such as this. The Hebrew Scriptures make very ugly reading in parts. From piled up foreskins, people impaled on stakes, genocide, torture, beheading, you name it, Gods people did it, often under His direct command.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christianity is a more yielding religion and has been able to evolve socially throughout its history, though its roots are as bloody as Islam. Bring the tribal Jewish mentality into our modern world and you would have similar outrages being perpetrated. Were we born in some of the more militant Islamic states, we too may be have been the people cheering for the blood of 'infidels'.

What must be understood here is that these people are an anachronism, living in a C21st with a belief system that is still firmly embedded in the primal roots of history. Islam is not an ideology that can socially evolve like Christianity, it is unyeilding and this will eventually be its downfall. One cannot stop the spread of information. In thirty years time Islam will be struggling to survive in a rapidly changing world, but meanwhile 'Biblical' things like this awful beheading will happen.

No amount of bombing and no amount of punishment meted out by the West will change the Islamic ideology, that is why it is foolish in the extreme to attempt a democratization of the Middle East. Islam and Democracy are the oil and water of ideology they cannot mix and the attempt will always end in blood.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit